7A Seedings

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ndirishfighting

7A Seedings

Post by ndirishfighting »

1 Hermantown
Does the rest really matter?
2 Hibbing
3 Greenway
4 Virginia
5 Eveleth Gilbert
6 North Shore
7 Int Falls
8 Duluth Denfeld
9 Proctor
10 Ely
They’re kids NOT PROFESSIONALS
It’s just a game!
hermantown2000

Post by hermantown2000 »

Let the battle for 2nd place begin(unless Hibbing,Greenway or somebody else gets Mike Eruizone and Jim Craig to play). Going to be a complete laugher in in this section for Hermantown. Maybe next year Plante finally makes the call to move his team to AA?
kniven

Post by kniven »

hermantown2000 wrote:Let the battle for 2nd place begin(unless Hibbing,Greenway or somebody else gets Mike Eruizone and Jim Craig to play). Going to be a complete laugher in in this section for Hermantown. Maybe next year Plante finally makes the call to move his team to AA?
Yea. I would be pretty embarrassed if I were a diehard, huge Hermantown hockey fan. Just because their hockey program - youth and up - is AA. And only A when the high school hockey playoffs arrive. Great people, players, and coaches over there. No disrespect intended. I just think you are greater than you believe you are :)
ndirishfighting

Post by ndirishfighting »

I wonder if Hibbing had Travis Weber play and
Greenway had Jeff Stolp play it would matter?
They’re kids NOT PROFESSIONALS
It’s just a game!
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

Not that it makes much difference but although I'm not surprised Hibbing is the number 2 seed, I thought Greenway had a good argument for #2 also. Greenway defeated EGF, St. Paul Academy, St. Paul Johnson and Rochester Lourdes two top 10 teams and two top 20 teams. Hibbing's best win (other than beating Greenway) is maybe Warroad or Thief River Falls? I guess the loss to the Falls weighed heavily in the seedings. But with that thinking Falls should have gotten a higher seed than North Shore. Greenway plays North Shore which is who I though they would play but with Greenway one seed higher and North Shore one seed lower. There should be two good games in the Sectionals Virginia/Eveleth and hopefully Hibbing/Greenway. There always seems to be a surprise game in the QF. Hermantown won't be challenged (maybe) until the finals down in St. Paul.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

ndirishfighting wrote:I wonder if Hibbing had Travis Weber play and
Greenway had Jeff Stolp play it would matter?
If the entire '87 Greenway team played then you'd have a classic game.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

hermantown2000 wrote:Let the battle for 2nd place begin(unless Hibbing,Greenway or somebody else gets Mike Eruizone and Jim Craig to play). Going to be a complete laugher in in this section for Hermantown. Maybe next year Plante finally makes the call to move his team to AA?
Nope, he's retiring. That's why they're moving to AA next year.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

kniven wrote:
Yea. I would be pretty embarrassed if I were a diehard, huge Hermantown hockey fan. Just because their hockey program - youth and up - is AA. And only A when the high school hockey playoffs arrive. Great people, players, and coaches over there. No disrespect intended. I just think you are greater than you believe you are :)
It took awhile but yes, they are embarrassed. They were down to just Bruce and Perkyman for trying to justify staying in A. Bruce hanging up the skates paved the way for the switch.
hermantown2000

Post by hermantown2000 »

Jeffy95 wrote:
Plante is retiring this year? I have not seen anything in the paper about him retiring yet unless you have inside information that the rest of us don't have.
kniven

Post by kniven »

hermantown2000 wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
Plante is retiring this year? I have not seen anything in the paper about him retiring yet unless you have inside information that the rest of us don't have.
I would bet all my toys that Bruce is riding off into the sunset and Hermantown is AA for the section and state playoffs next year. Bruce is a class act! I like him a lot. I've got lots of friends in Hermantown. Say/believe what you want, but so will I. Hermantown hockey is a machine. Hermantown hockey will be just fine.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

hermantown2000 wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
No announcement yet, but it's become common knowledge in Hermantown. They filed the paperwork over a month ago.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Jeffy95 wrote:
hermantown2000 wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote: Nope, he's retiring. That's why they're moving to AA next year.
No announcement yet, but it's become common knowledge in Hermantown. They filed the paperwork over a month ago.
My wife is from Hermantown. I have many friends there. I thinks it's absolutely fantastic the Hawks will be in 7AA! It will be lots of fun and great competition in 7AA.
Hermhawkey

Post by Hermhawkey »

I hope we opt up...not what I am hearing however.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Hermhawkey wrote:I hope we opt up...not what I am hearing however.
I guess we better hold the phone then. Get ready to get ridiculed right off of the planet if they don't though. The respect for that program would go from 10% to 0%.

We may have to start a thread with the name of every kid who open enrolls there from the top two teams at every level. People would be shocked if they knew the actual number.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Jeffy95 wrote:
I guess we better hold the phone then. Get ready to get ridiculed right off of the planet if they don't though. The respect for that program would go from 10% to 0%.

We may have to start a thread with the name of every kid who open enrolls there from the top two teams at every level. People would be shocked if they knew the actual number.
Start the thread Jeffy. Like that has not been done a hundred times before. Hermantown is a Class A team. If they chose to opt up good for them and I hope that they do just to get away from you losers. Better your programs. Hermantown moving to AA is not going to solve all of your problems, you will just have a new team to bitch about. At least Hermantown is a public school. Class A will now be ruled by the privates. Hermantown has been the only one that could give STA, Breck a game. And news flash, would not surprise me if DM went back to A and you will never beat them.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Jeffy95 wrote:

Why would you do that to kids? Open enrollment is not illegal or against the rules. Maybe you should start a protest and close Main St in Hermantown?
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

mulefarm wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:

Why would you do that to kids? Open enrollment is not illegal or against the rules. Maybe you should start a protest and close Main St in Hermantown?
You can't have 30% of your hockey program made up of the top players from every program in the Duluth Metro, Iron Range and Ely and call yourself a Class A team. It's complete crap for all of the small town programs that are trying to build with their own kids.

You are right that we shouldn't do that to the kids though, I stand corrected on that. They have no control over their Parents chasing their dreams through them. If we do it we will list the Parent's names instead.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Jeffy95 wrote:
mulefarm wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote: I guess we better hold the phone then. Get ready to get ridiculed right off of the planet if they don't though. The respect for that program would go from 10% to 0%.

You can't have 30% of your hockey program made up of the top players from every program in the Duluth Metro, Iron Range and Ely and call yourself a Class A team. It's complete crap for all of the small town programs that are trying to build with their own kids.

You are right that we shouldn't do that to the kids though, I stand corrected on that. They have no control over their Parents chasing their dreams through them. If we do it we will list the Parent's names instead.
It is not against the MSHSL rules to open enroll! Because you don't agree with it, you are going to post names of players or parents? Would you be willing to post your name as the leader of this protest?
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

mulefarm wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
mulefarm wrote: Why would you do that to kids? Open enrollment is not illegal or against the rules. Maybe you should start a protest and close Main St in Hermantown?

It is not against the MSHSL rules to open enroll! Because you don't agree with it, you are going to post names of players or parents? Would you be willing to post your name as the leader of this protest?
I have no beef with open enrollment, it was set up so parents could choose the best academic option for their kids. But when they're sending them to a Hockey Academy as soon as they stand out amongst their peers, enrollment becomes irrelevant as a measure of what class you are in. 90% of us know that. If they move to AA where they belong, we will all cheer them on like we do with every Northern Team. Until then, they're a complete fraud. STA and Marshall realized that. We'll find out in a couple weeks if Hermantown has that same integrity or not.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Jeffy95 wrote:
mulefarm wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote: You can't have 30% of your hockey program made up of the top players from every program in the Duluth Metro, Iron Range and Ely and call yourself a Class A team. It's complete crap for all of the small town programs that are trying to build with their own kids.

I have no beef with open enrollment, it was set up so parents could choose the best academic option for their kids. But when they're sending them to a Hockey Academy as soon as they stand out amongst their peers, enrollment becomes irrelevant as a measure of what class you are in. 90% of us know that. If they move to AA where they belong, we will all cheer them on like we do with every Northern Team. Until then, they're a complete fraud. STA and Marshall realized that. We'll find out in a couple weeks if Hermantown has that same integrity or not.
Talk about somebody with no integrity.... Mr Denfeld...
Hermhawkey

Post by Hermhawkey »

Jeffy95 wrote:
mulefarm wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:

Respect for our program?!! Are you f'n kidding me? We are arguably the best program in the state.

You have "no beef" with open enrollment?!!!! You're killing me. It comes up every post you make!!

The only reason Marshall moved up was they knew the chances of winning 7AA and 7A was about equal. (Not very good) May as well be AA for recruitment purposes.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Hermhawkey wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
mulefarm wrote: It is not against the MSHSL rules to open enroll! Because you don't agree with it, you are going to post names of players or parents? Would you be willing to post your name as the leader of this protest?
Respect for our program?!! Are you f'n kidding me? We are arguably the best program in the state.

You have "no beef" with open enrollment?!!!! You're killing me. It comes up every post you make!!

The only reason Marshall moved up was they knew the chances of winning 7AA and 7A was about equal. (Not very good) May as well be AA for recruitment purposes.
I just think it will be fun having Hermantown in 7AA next year :)))
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

pekyman wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:

Start the thread Jeffy. Like that has not been done a hundred times before. Hermantown is a Class A team. If they chose to opt up good for them and I hope that they do just to get away from you losers. Better your programs. Hermantown moving to AA is not going to solve all of your problems, you will just have a new team to bitch about. At least Hermantown is a public school. Class A will now be ruled by the privates. Hermantown has been the only one that could give STA, Breck a game. And news flash, would not surprise me if DM went back to A and you will never beat them.
You're right Perky. Continue to stay in Class A and Shining East's Shoes. The world needs ditch diggers too!
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Hermhawkey wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
mulefarm wrote: It is not against the MSHSL rules to open enroll! Because you don't agree with it, you are going to post names of players or parents? Would you be willing to post your name as the leader of this protest?

Don't pat yourself on the back too much Marty. You're always gonna be shining East's shoes.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Jeffy95 wrote:
Hermhawkey wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote: I have no beef with open enrollment, it was set up so parents could choose the best academic option for their kids. But when they're sending them to a Hockey Academy as soon as they stand out amongst their peers, enrollment becomes irrelevant as a measure of what class you are in. 90% of us know that. If they move to AA where they belong, we will all cheer them on like we do with every Northern Team. Until then, they're a complete fraud. STA and Marshall realized that. We'll find out in a couple weeks if Hermantown has that same integrity or not.

Don't pat yourself on the back too much Marty. You're always gonna be shining East's shoes.
Ironic coming from a Denfeld guy. Denfeld loses just about every skilled player in Duluth to East. Doesn't matter if they are in the Denfeld school district, if Randloph wants them, they end up at East. I personally know at least 5 top players that should have gone to Denfeld, but ended up at East. And that was just in the 2011-2013 years.Were talking all are in D1 and D3 Hockey now. Randolph may be a good coach, but he is pulling talent from one of, if not the largest talent pools in the state. Not just 60% of the Duluth kids, but close to 100% of the top ones. Duluth, population almost 90,000 with huge metro area that you all talk about. With that they East still recruits. Hmm. Exactly who is shining whose shoes? Where is you outrage with that? You can't even keep your own players in your own city in your own school district.