HS Hockey Podcast (Episode 15)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub

HS Hockey Podcast (Episode 15)

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Great show this week...we cover every team in the state - sections covered. We make picks. Spend time on the Mark Parrish tweet and pick a few guys who we think deserve a scholarship.

http://bit.ly/2lACY5A
blueblood

Unsigned prospects

Post by blueblood »

I like Tony's pick of Johannes. Would look good in maroon and gold.
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

Johannes is a skilled player with presence on the ice with his physical style. Perhaps a bit undisciplined (you can always count on him being in the box at least once a game - 115 penalty minutes over three regular seasons at Eden Prairie), but he plays hard and gives it his all each game. He'll be playing for the Lincoln Stars of the USHL following this season. Maybe a year or two of fine tuning his game will have schools come calling.
Last edited by ryguyMN on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Good show as usual!

Congrats on the Mr Hockey 10 for 10!

Random thoughts to add to the discussion:

o I favor Centennial because of Allen more cumulative playoff experience than freshman Haider , talented as he is

o Speaking of Goalie of the Year, agree with whoever said Parenteau deserved the MSHSL MVP goalie award, defined as who contributed most to his team success this current year. Another MVP candidate in that same line of thought would be Leonard of Moorhead.

o I like the segment of who in Mr Hockey top 20 discussion , not presently committed, will ultimately commit. Hard to argue with the 3 mentioned.
Hate to see Nolan Sullivan left out of that discussion, a proven year after year scorer and one of the most peer feared men to battle for the puck in the corner/on the boards.

o I like to add another category of who were the biggest scoring overachievers of the year, compared to the beginning of the year expectation. Brandt, Crosby, Hamsted, Randklev come to mind

o Speaking of EP, they have finally ironed out the kinks of the "new era" of so many talented underclassmen added to the super senior class, and they are performing to maximum potential on all fronts.

o But: dark horses to win at the X: Wayzata? Grand Rapids?
sanryam

Post by sanryam »

Still no love for Elk River in the Pick 'ems? Except from the Hounds fan oddly enough. How many times the Elks gotta prove you wrong?

Always enjoy the podcasts. Good work!
blueblood

Elkaholics

Post by blueblood »

Let's see, how many times.....

15-16 - lost in semi's
14-15 - lost in finals
13-14 - lost in finals
12-13 - lost in semi's
11-12 - lost in semi's
10-11 - lost in semi's
09-10 - lost in finals
08-09 - lost in finals
07-08 - lost in QF's
06-07 - lost in semi's
05-06 - lost in semi's

That's 11 and counting.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

For the record, I picked against Elk v. Duluth East. At the time East was playing well, Elk had a little slip. My Elk buddies reminded me...so as a way to return the favor. I won't pick them the rest of they year to help them snap that ugly streak you list out right above me.

I could easily see any of the top 4 make it.