The "Blind Placement" Section 5A Title Game

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

The "Blind Placement" Section 5A Title Game

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:51 am

All MHSL "Blind Placement" rules point to obvious recruiting, by these schools, to strengthen their hockey programs.

Monticello is the biggest violator having one of their best players being an exchange student most years out of the last ten+. This shows 100% proof of hard driven recruiting!!! I know of 50 other high school programs that take in the same amount of exchange students and have never *blindly had a hockey stud fall in their lap..

Chisago knew/thought they were going to be weaker this year and obviously found this a way to bolster their ranks. Their exchange student netted the eventual game winner against North Branch and has been on big scoring run the last few games. Somebody in the program searched in this Information Age and knew what was coming..

Lottery odds are better than there being no recruiting here..

I've been hearing they might have to forfeit and wouldn't be surprised at all after reading the "Blind Placement" rules.

Ugly!

GoldyGopher

Re: The "Blind Placement" Section 5A Title Game

Post by GoldyGopher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:04 am

MrBoDangles wrote:All MHSL "Blind Placement" rules point to obvious recruiting, by these schools, to strengthen their hockey programs.

Monticello is the biggest violator having one of their best players being an exchange student most years out of the last ten+. This shows 100% proof of hard driven recruiting!!! I know of 50 other high school programs that take in the same amount of exchange students and have never *blindly had a hockey stud fall in their lap..

Chisago knew/thought they were going to be weaker this year and obviously found this a way to bolster their ranks. Their exchange student netted the eventual game winner against North Branch and has been on big scoring run the last few games. Somebody in the program searched in this Information Age and knew what was coming..

I've been hearing they might have to forfeit and wouldn't be surprised at all after reading the "Blind Placement" rules.

Ugly!

Loooooool. I can't say I'm surprised to see you whining. I just thought it was going to be a lot sooner after the 6-1 thumping Princeton was just handed by MAML. Can't believe the recruiting job MAML did. Such a prized possession he logged 0 points against Princeton!
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:14 am

GoldyGopher wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:All MHSL "Blind Placement" rules point to obvious recruiting, by these schools, to strengthen their hockey programs.

Ugly!

Loooooool. I can't say I'm surprised to see you whining. I just thought it was going to be a lot sooner after the 6-1 thumping Princeton was just handed by MAML. Can't believe the recruiting job MAML did. Such a prized possession he logged 0 points against Princeton!
You'll find my response in the 3A thread.. When I get a sec.

GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:21 am

MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:

Ugly!

You'll find my response in the 3A thread.. When I get a sec.
Can you expand on your forfeit comment?>

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:53 am

Read the Blind Placement rules...

They didn't even try to make it not obvious..

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:55 am

Ugly!
I think it's extremely doubtful that a school would be out recruiting foreign exchange students for a particular sport. Host families? Absolutely they would. But as long as you don't work for the school or are a coach, I see nothing in the rules against this after reading through them.

You can actually search potential foreign exchange students to host on the different organizations websites and find out their interests. CCI's home page starts out by saying:

Let us help match you with a foreign exchange student who shares your family’s lifestyle and common interests.

If you are a Hockey family, wouldn't it make perfect sense to seek out a Hockey player? Nothing to see here.

GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:55 am

MrBoDangles wrote:Read the Blind Placement rules...

They didn't even try to make it not obvious..
Chisago or MAML?

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:

Ugly!
I think it's extremely doubtful that a school would be out recruiting foreign exchange students for a particular sport. Host families? Absolutely they would. But as long as you don't work for the school or are a coach, I see nothing in the rules against this after reading through them.

You can actually search potential foreign exchange students to host on the different organizations websites and find out their interests. CCI's home page starts out by saying:

Let us help match you with a foreign exchange student who shares your family’s lifestyle and common interests.

If you are a Hockey family, wouldn't it make perfect sense to seek out a Hockey player? Nothing to see here.
Host families are not allowed to seek out players for the benefit of the program.. The coaches have to notice they're getting a stud most years, too, and KNOW it's not ok!!

You put the spike in it for them!!!

Thanks!

SimplyPut

Post by SimplyPut » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:15 pm

This is not unique. Exchange students have helped many other sports as well. Especially soccer. also seen it with Gymnastics at the State level. Its all ok, Its a kids game, no harm done. Great experience for the kids.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:21 pm

SimplyPut wrote:This is not unique. Exchange students have helped many other sports as well. Especially soccer. also seen it with Gymnastics at the State level. Its all ok, Its a kids game, no harm done. Great experience for the kids.
You better alert the MSHSL that you've thrown their rules out the window and they've opened up the recruiting to everyone..

SimplyPut

Post by SimplyPut » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:27 pm

I have never reviewed the MSHSL rule book. I would think that would be someone with more skin in the game then me. As a parent my job is to be a fan and support my kids. All I'm saying is I've seen exchange student come to MN schools and play active roles on team and individual sports.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:36 pm

SimplyPut wrote:I have never reviewed the MSHSL rule book. I would think that would be someone with more skin in the game then me. As a parent my job is to be a fan and support my kids. All I'm saying is I've seen exchange student come to MN schools and play active roles on team and individual sports.
Yep. And you would know there is active recruiting if you were familiar with this situation.

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:39 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:

Ugly!

Host families are not allowed to seek out players for the benefit of the program.. The coaches have to notice they're getting a stud most years, too, and KNOW it's not ok!!

Thanks!
Good luck proving that. Do you think they sent a letter that said, "Please send us a stud hockey player for the benefit of the MAML program?"

Was this kid the difference in the 6-1 win over Princeton? I don't see his name anywhere on the stat sheet.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:

Ugly!

Thanks!
Good luck proving that. Do you think they sent a letter that said, "Please send us a stud hockey player for the benefit of the MAML program?"

Was this kid the difference in the 6-1 win over Princeton? I don't see his name anywhere on the stat sheet.
They all could obviously see they were getting some of their best players every year.

He made a difference in their future if he played in only one shift of the season... But we know it was much more than that.

Why is he not on the section roster? Hmmm? Kinda like switching from 1,9++ students on hockey hub to 1200?? Are they hiding and running scared?

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:57 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:

Ugly!

Thanks!

They all could obviously see they were getting some of their best players every year.
That's what you're offering up to the MSHSL on your protest? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's going to take more than that.

GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:05 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:

Ugly!

Thanks!

That's what you're offering up to the MSHSL on your protest? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's going to take more than that.
So what your saying is you're not sold on his ever so compelling argument?

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:06 pm

Anybody with a brain could see what is going on when it happens every year.. You don't have to go out on a limb.. Crooked and low!!

People are on it!

Easy to find their info if you google their names or go on hockey prospects.. So your "please send us a stud" is working like you describe!

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:08 pm

GoldyGopher wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:

Ugly!

Thanks!

So what your saying is you're not sold on his ever so compelling argument?
Of course not.. You both have at least a small connection to the program, like you've said.

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:10 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:Anybody with a brain could see what is going on when it happens every year.. You don't have to go out on a limb.. Crooked and low!!

People are on it!

Easy to find their info if you google their names or go on hockey prospects.. So your "please send us a stud" is working like you describe!
Give it up already or do something about it besides ranting on here!

Hermantown recruit?

GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:11 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:Anybody with a brain could see what is going on when it happens every year.. You don't have to go out on a limb.. Crooked and low!!

People are on it!

I know it. Kid is probably missing sections because he is up trying out for the London knights or something. That or MAML felt it most appropriate to give Princeton a chance and not play their hot shot prized possession recruit who had nothing to do with your season ender Saturday.

Either way you're reaching hard for something that may or may not have any relevance. Either way it's making my day fly by.

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:13 pm

People are on it!

What was MAML's pitch to this Elite Prospect? "Please come to our school. We've never won a Post Season game but we think you could be the difference?"

This kid obviously chose Minnesota, most likely because he's a good Hockey player. He was going to play somewhere in the State regardless.

GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:

People are on it!

What was MAML's pitch to this Elite Prospect? "Please come to our school. We've never won a Post Season game but we think you could be the difference?"

This kid obviously chose Minnesota, most likely because he's a good Hockey player. He was going to play somewhere in the State regardless.
They do have a Buffalo Wild Wings...

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:15 pm

GoldyGopher wrote:

People are on it!

I know it. Kid is probably missing sections because he is up trying out for the London knights or something. That or MAML felt it most appropriate to give Princeton a chance and not play their hot shot prized possession recruit who had nothing to do with your season ender Saturday.

Either way you're reaching hard for something that may or may not have any relevance. Either way it's making my day fly by.
Did you say "May"?? Baby steps going on for you!!

Obvious for others..

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:17 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:

People are on it!

Did you say "May"?? Baby steps going on for you!!

Obvious for others..
Must be getting some "prized" recruits with all of their recent success! :lol: :lol:

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:18 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:

People are on it!

I guess the question for you to ask is: How are you continually ending up with these Europeans in your top scorers and other schools don't..?

:idea: