Section 3A 2016-2017

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

formersection3Afan wrote:
I aint no Bender wrote:
goldy313 wrote:There is a reason the 3A thread is the best on this site 3 years running....old schoolers who are new members should be proud of their legacy.

I will be glued here Monday for updates if I can't make it myself to GAC. Even 7AA/8AA hockey snobs need to venture to St. Peter once, an incredible environment
The 7AA and 8AA fans would never think of attending such a minor league event is what my senses tell me. They would consider it JV hockey at best.
THIS
Hilarious, I agree. And the north doesn't consider Duluth a "city" team.

You really can't make this ship up.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Non-Northerners will never understand the North. :wink:

And this Northerner (or, at least, I thought I was one until I read a moment ago that urbanity somehow disqualifies Northernness) is thoroughly entertained by the 3A thread. If the final weren't 17 hours away in some barn in Iowa, I'd even consider attending!
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

karl(east) wrote: If the final weren't 17 hours away in some barn in Iowa, I'd even consider attending!
There we have it folks. Not much more to say.
computerguy

3a

Post by computerguy »

karl(east) wrote:Non-Northerners will never understand the North. :wink:

And this Northerner (or, at least, I thought I was one until I read a moment ago that urbanity somehow disqualifies Northernness) is thoroughly entertained by the 3A thread. If the final weren't 17 hours away in some barn in Iowa, I'd even consider attending!

St.peter to Duluth = 4hrs........
Goldyismoldy

Re: 3a

Post by Goldyismoldy »

computerguy wrote:

Not by dogsled, which Karl (being a northerner) obviously travels by.

The unbridled arrogance is astonishing. They'll say "northern pride", but the comment above proves the former.
karl(east)

Re: 3a

Post by karl(east) »

Goldyismoldy wrote:
computerguy wrote:

Not by dogsled, which Karl (being a northerner) obviously travels by.

The unbridled arrogance is astonishing. They'll say "northern pride", but the comment above proves the former.
My greyhound-pulled sleigh can probably make it in three.

But, arrogance?! Out of the North? Never! We're just humble, salt of the earth people who are entitled to several state tournament berths every year. What could be pretentious about that? :wink:

Though really, the 3A final will be *far* more entertaining than the game I'll be attending on Wednesday night.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

better late wrote:Godly: respect your opinion but believe the Cards are 1 or 2 better. Were you just having a little fun with Whiner? But, I do understand that the Cards have shown an ability to not live up to the #1 seed!

Jonny: if Luverne plays Cathedral that may be the best draw they could hope for. Also the best chance (though slim) for an upset. I am rooting for your T-hawks to get there! Thanks for respecting what the Cards are trying to do in historically non-hockey area.
I don't know many that thought LDC was gonna beat Luverne last year, or New Ulm the prior year. Luverne is the best hockey team in the section, however we know the history the last couple years. RV can get up for big games (Marshall, New Ulm, Luverne in 2016, LDC last week) and Hutch has played bigger class A and AA teams. They aren't going to be surprised what they see from Luverne. If they can hold off the storm early I like there chances to win the game. If they can't, it's possible it gets to running time.

Obviously the odds would say Luverne and Marshall play Wednesday, but this year has been strange enough already that nothing would surprise me.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
gopherfan7

Post by gopherfan7 »

So I may be behind a few days, but see on the hub that Ericson played on Saturday? I thought he was out with an injury.
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

Considering the MAJORITY of the TOP SHELF HS aged talent in the Country plays in IOWA, or very close... maybe you should consider venturing out of the Roost a bit? Might be good for you?
hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny »

Whiner33 wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:Epic match up? I know the coaching history, but that would be no match up at all. Sorry cards, I am in your corner to get there but really haven't seen anything at all that would let me believe that would be a game. But I am a GR guy so I have been wrong (many times) before. If you get there PLEASE keep it interesting.
How about those thawks! What a win yesterday! What a matchup it will be against Duluth east! What are your chances Jonny?
The last period of that game was the team we expected to see all year. All three lines did their job offensively and the D/G as well. I wouldn't count us out! The Randolph factor is always there, but the players play the game and anything can happen. THawks take it. If not, my house will be draped in black.
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

hawkenjonny wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:Epic match up? I know the coaching history, but that would be no match up at all. Sorry cards, I am in your corner to get there but really haven't seen anything at all that would let me believe that would be a game. But I am a GR guy so I have been wrong (many times) before. If you get there PLEASE keep it interesting.
How about those thawks! What a win yesterday! What a matchup it will be against Duluth east! What are your chances Jonny?
The last period of that game was the team we expected to see all year. All three lines did their job offensively and the D/G as well. I wouldn't count us out! The Randolph factor is always there, but the players play the game and anything can happen. THawks take it. If not, my house will be draped in black.
Black and Green... you mean?

Community Pride is powerful, and even deeper when the odds are stacked against you which oddly enough REALLY is the Case in MN Hockey more times than not. But that obstacle/difficulty is what makes it really great when success does happen. Assembled Private School Teams, Assembled Recruit Teams playing against legit MN model School District Teams... BIG and Small.. it certainly makes a guy shake his head... BUT it also can make the sweet taste of some success that much better when it does happen. Not always proud of all the stirring of the pot on this board (but mostly all in fun). Am certainly proud when a Town that struggles to just put teams on the ice at times, has some success against the Goliath's, and is showing a good flow in the pipeline to sustain for years to come. The Luverne Bantams playing well against some very good teams... and the Squirt A's (all 11 of them/with 1 goalie) making some waves at the largest Squirt International over the weekend. Makes a guy smile... even if my Nephew wasn't the Coach. :)

Luverne 2- Minnetonka 1
Luverne 0- Eden Prairie 6
Luverne 6- Roseville 3
Luverne 5- Rosemount 1
Luverne 1- Edina 2.........double overtime
Luverne 3- Stillwater 2
64 team
4 and 2 on the weekend, LOTS of fun and memories with Schoolmates.
Last edited by fastncrash on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

I'm just glad Luverne rattled off all them wins in January. The board was pretty bleak until the Red Army fans jumped back on the bandwagon.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Gotta love section 3 and Luverne.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

gopherfan7 wrote:So I may be behind a few days, but see on the hub that Ericson played on Saturday? I thought he was out with an injury.
Season ending must have been regular-season ending.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

InigoMontoya wrote:
gopherfan7 wrote:So I may be behind a few days, but see on the hub that Ericson played on Saturday? I thought he was out with an injury.
I believe it's Tofteland; Whiner or CherryPicker will have to verify, though.
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

InigoMontoya wrote:
Never trust the Internet!
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

GoldyGopher wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:
Incorrect.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Goldyismoldy wrote:
formersection3Afan wrote:
I aint no Bender wrote: The 7AA and 8AA fans would never think of attending such a minor league event is what my senses tell me. They would consider it JV hockey at best.
THIS
Hilarious, I agree. And the north doesn't consider Duluth a "city" team.

You really can't make this ship up.
Hey, I'm not a snob. I've been wearing the same underwear for 3 days. :shock:
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

fastncrash wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote: Season ending must have been regular-season ending.
Incorrect.
I'm lost. Did the Hub have the wrong kid for the Windom game, or was there a misinformation campaign to gain a psychological advantage over the powerhouse 3A challengers?
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

O:)
Last edited by MrBoDangles on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

InigoMontoya wrote:
fastncrash wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: I believe it's Tofteland; Whiner or CherryPicker will have to verify, though.
Incorrect.
I'm lost. Did the Hub have the wrong kid for the Windom game, or was there a misinformation campaign to gain a psychological advantage over the powerhouse 3A challengers?
:lol: :lol: That my friend, is an excellent post.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

MrBoDangles wrote:"All I had to do is put my best shut down guy on Redwood's scorer and make sure he stayed between him and the net." "They couldn't do anything, after"

From a coach I know from the northland
It has worked this year for teams who have been able to do it. Won't find an argument from me on that at all. RV might be getting healthy in time to give Marshall a better game than they had the previous 2 meetings though.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

GoldyGopher wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:"All I had to do is put my best shut down guy on Redwood's scorer and make sure he stayed between him and the net." "They couldn't do anything, after"

From a coach I know from the northland
It has worked this year for teams who have been able to do it. Won't find an argument from me on that at all. RV might be getting healthy in time to give Marshall a better game than they had the previous 2 meetings though.
Sounds good, papa!
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Marshall must know how to shut down BS just like Luverne does. Does he have a point in four games against either team this year? Folks this is no bs either.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Whiner33 wrote:Marshall must know how to shut down BS just like Luverne does. Does he have a point in four games against either team this year? Folks this is no bs either.
Probably not, different RV teams offensive wise then they were in the previous 4 meetings. He could have zero points in tonight's game as well, I'm simply stating that a certain player has returned who is good at what he does and it should by all means help BS get more space, or create more chances for this player.

Be interesting to see how RV responds after the previous 2 match-ups.