CCM Allstar Rosters

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Usthockey13

CCM Allstar Rosters

Post by Usthockey13 »

here is a link to the rosters. They did change the format and its not Range vs Duluth anymore

http://www.kernkompany.com/wp-content/u ... Roster.pdf
elliott70

Re: CCM Allstar Rosters

Post by elliott70 »

Usthockey13 wrote:here is a link to the rosters. They did change the format and its not Range vs Duluth anymore

Not range vs Duluth anymore but now it is range and Duluth area kids playing.
No section 8 kids which is how it should be.

Someone or ones in NW MN needs to put something together.
Usthockey13

Re: CCM Allstar Rosters

Post by Usthockey13 »

elliott70 wrote:
Usthockey13 wrote:here is a link to the rosters. They did change the format and its not Range vs Duluth anymore

Not range vs Duluth anymore but now it is range and Duluth area kids playing.
No section 8 kids which is how it should be.

Someone or ones in NW MN needs to put something together.
Agreed always thought is was stupid to ask kids from section 8 to drive to Duluth for the game
Cougaralumni14

Post by Cougaralumni14 »

What is the CCM Allstars? Is it a all star game to get scouts to show up and get the northern kids extra exposure? I had never heard of it until this thread.
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

I am pretty sure there is a Section 8 All-Star game in Warroad every spring.
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
boblee

Post by boblee »

Cougaralumni14 wrote:What is the CCM Allstars? Is it a all star game to get scouts to show up and get the northern kids extra exposure? I had never heard of it until this thread.
This has to be close to the 15th year of the event. FSN televised one of the games in 2007.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Green and White Fan wrote:I am pretty sure there is a Section 8 All-Star game in Warroad every spring.
Is it televised.
An why in Warroad?
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

Cougaralumni14 wrote:What is the CCM Allstars? Is it a all star game to get scouts to show up and get the northern kids extra exposure? I had never heard of it until this thread.
Last chance tourney. If you don't get an invite, you go to a school in ND for a journalism degree.

Sad, I know, but ya gotta eat.
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler »

Green and White Fan wrote:I am pretty sure there is a Section 8 All-Star game in Warroad every spring.
Which is a complete waste of time, with the only purpose being to kick in $ to Warroad hockey.
zamboniexhaustinhaler

elliott70 wrote:
Is it televised.
An why in Warroad?
No. Nor are there ever any scouts, etc. there. Parents and players. Period.

As to why Warroad, see my other post.
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:
Which is a complete waste of time, with the only purpose being to kick in $ to Warroad hockey.
Do you get an autographed picture with Henry at least? kickshot?
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Goldyismoldy wrote:
Do you get an autographed picture with Henry at least? kickshot?

No, but his book is available for purchase. :D
CreaseMonkey

Post by CreaseMonkey »

elliott70 wrote:
Is it televised.
An why in Warroad?

Actually, the MJHL has had scouts at this game in the past few years.

Having said that, it is nothing like the CCM series. It is a less serious affair where guys are more or less having some fun skating together one last time before moving on from HS.
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

Not sure if the Warroad thing is just seniors or if there are underclassmen playing? If there are underclassmen, it could just be used by the powers over there to assess the talent in the area and see who to try bring in to be a Warrior! :lol:
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
zamboniexhaustinhaler

CreaseMonkey wrote:
elliott70 wrote: Is it televised.
An why in Warroad?

Having said that, it is nothing like the CCM series. It is a less serious affair where guys are more or less having some fun skating together one last time before moving on from HS.
MJHL :roll: Gotta pulse ? Wanna pay, er, play ?

But that's more than in the past anyway.
CreaseMonkey

Post by CreaseMonkey »

CreaseMonkey wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote: No. Nor are there ever any scouts, etc. there. Parents and players. Period.

Well a MJHL team won the RBC last year so hardly a crap league. As for pay there is no cost to play or billet so not sure where the attitude is coming from.
zamboniexhaustinhaler

CreaseMonkey wrote:
CreaseMonkey wrote: Actually, the MJHL has had scouts at this game in the past few years.

Well a MJHL team won the RBC last year so hardly a crap league. As for pay there is no cost to play or billet so not sure where the attitude is coming from.
You must mean Manitoba.

I was thinking the defunct Minnesota.

Regardless, the league doesn't send many to even d3, let alone d1.
CreaseMonkey

Post by CreaseMonkey »

CreaseMonkey wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote: MJHL :roll: Gotta pulse ? Wanna pay, er, play ?

You must mean Manitoba.

I was thinking the defunct Minnesota.

Regardless, the league doesn't send many to even d3, let alone d1.
Yep, Manitoba Junior Hockey League
They do send guys to DIII and the occasional DI as well, but lets be honest... American players with DI potential are typically getting NAHL and USHL opportunities well ahead of things like the CCM All Star game. I would love to know the last player that was "discovered" there, or in any other post season all-star event.

As far as the MJHL, most players are from Canada and they tend to look at Canadian options after junior hockey. Still, the level of play is not bad overall, and like other leagues, the top end is much better than the bottom half of the league. An American player looking to get junior experience would be better off there than say the NA3HL.

Even the 6 team SIJHL has started seeing more players move on to DIII in recent years. That league was a bit of a joke for a long time, but they are making a major effort to turn it around and to promote players, and a lot of the regional DIII programs keep a fairly close watch on it as well.

Not everyone can play Dl, but that does not necessarily mean they should hang up the skates either.

Just my .02