MAML Enrollment

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

7TIMECHAMPS

MAML Enrollment

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS »

Just something I am curious on. It seems as though MAML has the enrollment to be a AA school but plays A. Am I missing something here?
elliott70

Re: MAML Enrollment

Post by elliott70 »

7TIMECHAMPS wrote:Just something I am curious on. It seems as though MAML has the enrollment to be a AA school but plays A. Am I missing something here?
Well, let's ask Bo.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Petioned down to rebuild the program and it worked.
7TIMECHAMPS

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS »

alcloseshaver wrote:Petioned down to rebuild the program and it worked.
Doesn't petitioning down kind of ruin the point of a two class system based on enrollment? I'm surprised the MSHSL allows this.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Look back in the old posts for all you need to know about this. Been discussed in length. Enjoy the tourney.
Goldyismoldy

Re: MAML Enrollment

Post by Goldyismoldy »

elliott70 wrote:
7TIMECHAMPS wrote:Just something I am curious on. It seems as though MAML has the enrollment to be a AA school but plays A. Am I missing something here?
Well, let's ask Bo.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

My opinion is already known.. :lol:
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

7TIMECHAMPS wrote:
Doesn't petitioning down kind of ruin the point of a two class system based on enrollment? I'm surprised the MSHSL allows this.
One could say the same thing about opting up, couldn't they?
If I'm not mistaken, the vast majority of co-ops where all individual schools are under the enrollment number are in Class A...
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

7TIMECHAMPS wrote:
Enrollment means nothing in Hockey. Annandale and Maple Lake have to co-op with someone or else their kids don't play. If Hermantown doesn't have to count Denfeld and Proctor's enrollment, then why would Monticello have to count Annandale and Maple Lake?
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Jeffy95 wrote:
7TIMECHAMPS wrote:
Enrollment means nothing in Hockey. Annandale and Maple Lake have to co-op with someone or else their kids don't play. If Hermantown doesn't have to count Denfeld and Proctor's enrollment, then why would Monticello have to count Annandale and Maple Lake?
Just maybe because they all field their own teams?
The U invented swagger.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
7TIMECHAMPS wrote: Doesn't petitioning down kind of ruin the point of a two class system based on enrollment? I'm surprised the MSHSL allows this.
Point is enrollment means nothing in Hockey in this day and age. It's a good gauge for sports like Football or Basketball, where all you have to do is buy a pair of shoes. Anyone can play. There are only so many Hockey players and it doesn't really matter where they live, they choose where to play now. If enrollment mattered, Minneapolis would be in the tournament every year.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Jeffy95 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote: Enrollment means nothing in Hockey. Annandale and Maple Lake have to co-op with someone or else their kids don't play. If Hermantown doesn't have to count Denfeld and Proctor's enrollment, then why would Monticello have to count Annandale and Maple Lake?
Point is enrollment means nothing in Hockey in this day and age. It's a good gauge for sports like Football or Basketball, where all you have to do is buy a pair of shoes. Anyone can play. There are only so many Hockey players and it doesn't really matter where they live, they choose where to play now. If enrollment mattered, Minneapolis would be in the tournament every year.
Whatever you say. :roll:
The U invented swagger.
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

Of course enrollment matters. If you have a hockey program and have 100 bantams to pick from instead of 25, eventually the program with numbers is going to win out. Established programs are successful, but as newer programs with better numbers take a foothold they will be successful too. This win is great for MAML's program, but how long does the MSHSL allow a co-op of nearly 2,000 kids play Class A?
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Green and White Fan wrote:Of course enrollment matters. If you have a hockey program and have 100 bantams to pick from instead of 25, eventually the program with numbers is going to win out. Established programs are successful, but as newer programs with better numbers take a foothold they will be successful too. This win is great for MAML's program, but how long does the MSHSL allow a co-op of nearly 2,000 kids play Class A?
Too much common sense going on in this post.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Green and White Fan wrote:Of course enrollment matters. If you have a hockey program and have 100 bantams to pick from instead of 25, eventually the program with numbers is going to win out. Established programs are successful, but as newer programs with better numbers take a foothold they will be successful too. This win is great for MAML's program, but how long does the MSHSL allow a co-op of nearly 2,000 kids play Class A?
You think MAML has 100 bantams lol?
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

GoldyGopher wrote:
You think MAML has 100 bantams lol?
It doesn't appear that anyone has ever said that.
The U invented swagger.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

I'm talking High School enrollment only, not youth numbers. Two very separate things in today's world. If you're pulling in top players from other Associations then how does your enrollment matter? Hill Murray and STA's enrollment's are very small. MPLS very large. If there was no player movement then enrollment would matter but that's not the case. Hermantown has 4 PeeWee teams this year. East has 3. East's enrollment is probably three times that of Hermantown.
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

I think if you have 25 of the best athletes in your school playing hockey, good coaching, lots of ice time, and dedicated parents, you'll always have a elite program.

I'm not big on enrollment numbers as a measure of how good your hockey team is supposed to be.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Lets go back to the two tier system, since that worked so well.
The U invented swagger.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

MAML HAS 34 OR SO BANTAMS.
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

Goldy Gopher wrote:Lets go back to the two tier system, since that worked so well.
One was enough.
Hermhawkey

Post by Hermhawkey »

Jeffy95 wrote:
I'm talking High School enrollment only, not youth numbers. Two very separate things in today's world. If you're pulling in top players from other Associations then how does your enrollment matter? Hill Murray and STA's enrollment's are very small. MPLS very large. If there was no player movement then enrollment would matter but that's not the case. Hermantown has 4 PeeWee teams this year. East has 3. East's enrollment is probably three times that of Hermantown.
News flash Jeffy! Hermantown has lost as many as we have gained over the years. For instance, we lost 4 kids to Marshall recently, one who played varsity in 8th grade, another this year in 9th. Their top scorer a junior this year lives square in the middle of Hermantown. (Would have been 5 kids if not for his younger brothers shoulder injury.)

We have also lost several to your coveted Denfeld over the years. Grillo left Hermantown because he wanted to play D... Jona was one of your best last year (great kid). Another very good bantam AA (forgot name). Your endless attempt to dis-credit our program out of nothing but pure envy has gotten beyond old. Just keep trying though.
Last edited by Hermhawkey on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hermhawkey

Post by Hermhawkey »

East had 3 pee wee teams because the B team took over 20 skaters and 2 goalies. Our B teams each had 10 skaters exactly and 1 goalie. Nice try.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Hermhawkey wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
News flash Jeffy! Hermantown has lost as many as we have gained over the years. For instance, we lost 4 kids to Marshall recently, one who played varsity in 8th grade, another this year in 9th. And their top scorer a junior this year lives square in the middle od Hermantown.

We have also lost several to your coveted Denfeld over the years. Grillo left Hermantown because ge wanted to play D... Jona was one of your best last year (great kid). Another very good bantam AA (forgot name). Your endless attempt to dis-credit our program out of nothing but pure envy has gotten beyond old. Just keep trying though.
What does any of that have to do with enrollment and it's correlation with Youth numbers? Let's try to stick to the topic here. Your post should probably be over in the Girls Forum. And News flash for you, I'm an East fan, not Denfeld.

Now, back on topic please.
Last edited by Jeffy95 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Hermhawkey wrote:East had 3 pee wee teams because the B team took over 20 skaters and 2 goalies. Our B teams each had 10 skaters exactly and 1 goalie. Nice try.
They had 16 skaters, not enough to field two teams. But you're off topic again. It's about MAML's enrollment vs. youth numbers. Enrollment of 1900 similar to East and both with 3 PeeWee teams. I used Hermantown and their 650 enrollment with 4 PeeWee teams as an example of how player movement renders enrollment obsolete. Back on topic please.