CM - All-Tournament team

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HappyHockeyFan

CM - All-Tournament team

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:04 am

I am wondering if anyone knows why Casey didn't show for the All-Tournament team award and picture after the Championship game? Seems odd to me being that he played in the game before. Coupled with him taking off his 2nd place medal last year after the Championship game and not showing this year for the All-Tournament team makes me think he doesn't handle losing so well.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB

Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:09 am

He asked to skip it because the rest of the team was leaving and he wanted to go back with them.

I can't criticize him too much: probably is the final time the team is together and he wanted to be with them.

boblee

Post by boblee » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:10 am

Some reports from media members via Twitter said he had a lower body injury and was getting treatment...

InYourFace09

Re: CM - All-Tournament team

Post by InYourFace09 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:16 am

HappyHockeyFan wrote:I am wondering if anyone knows why Casey didn't show for the All-Tournament team award and picture after the Championship game? Seems odd to me being that he played in the game before. Coupled with him taking off his 2nd place medal last year after the Championship game and not showing this year for the All-Tournament team makes me think he doesn't handle losing so well.
It is a bigger deal because it is CM, but every year there are guys who do not show up to receive their award.

And yes he did go get his lower body injury checked out after he went back with the team.

BP

Post by BP » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:35 am

Joe2015 wrote:He asked to skip it because the rest of the team was leaving and he wanted to go back with them.

I can't criticize him too much: probably is the final time the team is together and he wanted to be with them.
I would agree, but Sullivan was there to accept his award....

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:45 am

BP wrote:
Joe2015 wrote:He asked to skip it because the rest of the team was leaving and he wanted to go back with them.

Was Sullivan hurt like CM? That we do not know for sure, but it did appear something was nagging him. Maybe still a result from his run in with the boards in the Holy Family Section game? Looks like he felt he needed to get it checked out.

Everyone is watching his every move and he will never be able to satisfy everyone.

BP

Post by BP » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:50 am

InYourFace09 wrote:
BP wrote:

Was Sullivan hurt like CM? That we do not know for sure, but it did appear something was nagging him. Maybe still a result from his run in with the boards in the Holy Family Section game? Looks like he felt he needed to get it checked out.

Everyone is watching his every move and he will never be able to satisfy everyone.
I would agree he was injured. I heard he was getting treatment, but what kind of treatment would you be getting at 7:00 on a Saturday night besides an ER room? They have really good trainers at the rink for simple treatment. Not bagging on him at all, just starting what I heard or saw. I heard he also skipped the presser after the game on Friday night too.

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:55 am

BP wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
BP wrote:

I would agree he was injured. I heard he was getting treatment, but what kind of treatment would you be getting at 7:00 on a Saturday night besides an ER room? They have really good trainers at the rink for simple treatment. Not bagging on him at all, just starting what I heard or saw. I heard he also skipped the presser after the game on Friday night too.
I totally agree what could possibly be done at 7pm on Sat night to help him that he doesn't already know? Just gives people more reason to speculate. Especially if it was a nagging injury for a week, seems as though nothing could be done in one night. Maybe a way out for him to get out of the spotlight?

He was being watched under a microscope all weekend by a lot of people and his every move was being judged.

TheMNhockey1

Post by TheMNhockey1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:43 am

Like someone said could be last time with whole team with him leaving for GB. Also he did it last year so he would know if it was worth it to him.

Puckstopper81

Post by Puckstopper81 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:47 am

If CM was injured, then why did coach double and sometime triples shift the boy? Here is an instance where the coach put his career and agenda ahead of his own players'. Sad in my opinion, very sad and should be investigated.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Puckstopper81 wrote:If CM was injured, then why did coach double and sometime triples shift the boy? Here is an instance where the coach put his career and agenda ahead of his own players'. Sad in my opinion, very sad and should be investigated.
I think it's unfair to jump to that conclusion. How do we know that CM's doctor(s) didn't give him full clearance to play, that it was a type of injury that wouldn't be aggravated if he did play? I'm sure CM had some input into it as well. And from what I understand he is going straight to Green Bay to finish the season with the Gamblers.

ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Lee Smith was quoted in the Sunday StarTrib saying CM was feeling "75 percent" during the state tournament. The lower body injury occurred in the section final against Holy Family. I believe Casey rejoins his USHL Green Bay team on Wednesday.

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Puckstopper81 wrote:If CM was injured, then why did coach double and sometime triples shift the boy? Here is an instance where the coach put his career and agenda ahead of his own players'. Sad in my opinion, very sad and should be investigated.
75% of CM is still their best chance to create offense! That's why you put him out there when he says he can go. And I'm sure he 100% was not leaving the ice unwillingly!

Minn_Hockey

Re: CM - All-Tournament team

Post by Minn_Hockey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:18 pm

HappyHockeyFan wrote:I am wondering if anyone knows why Casey didn't show for the All-Tournament team award and picture after the Championship game? Seems odd to me being that he played in the game before. Coupled with him taking off his 2nd place medal last year after the Championship game and not showing this year for the All-Tournament team makes me think he doesn't handle losing so well.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

4on5again

Post by 4on5again » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:01 pm

TheMNhockey1 wrote:Like someone said could be last time with whole team with him leaving for GB. Also he did it last year so he would know if it was worth it to him.

I think you nailed it!!! After reading all the posts about treating an injury, and the last team bus ride nonsense, I think you've got it. It is what it was it worth to him?

What is it worth to accept your 2nd place medal with grace in 2016? What is it worth to show your strength in times of adversity? Gold me boy, pure gold.

Superstars are held to a higher observation and scrutiny. Always will be.

Section 8 guy

Sad

Post by Section 8 guy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:29 pm

So a great player with a ton of options does what any high school hockey fan should want........comes back to play his senior year and enhances the tourney..........and a bunch of arm chair JV guys devote their lives to second guessing his every move and ripping him for a bunch of things assumed to be true.

Makes sense.

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:44 pm

I just don't think it looks good, doesn't show good leadership, a persons true character shows thru adversity, not when everything is going your way. Just sayin...I was disappointed last year to see him remove his medal after it was hung around his neck, and I am disappointed that he didn't come out and receive his All-Tournament team award. I realize he rarely disappoints on the ice during games but when the game is over I wish he would be a more gracious loser. That said, I think Micah Miller is a very classy kid/player and was a well deserved recipient of the Herb Brooks award.

Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:08 pm

And would you admit you have no true knowledge whatsoever about why CM wasn't at the all tourney team presentation? If so, how can you even begin to form an opinion regarding if it makes sense or not?

I'm assuming from your comments that you don't know Micah Miller either...... But giving the benefit of the doubt to a high school kid is respectable. Assuming the worst without knowing any of the story.......or it really being any of your concern for that matter.......not so much.

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Section 8 guy wrote:And would you admit you have no true knowledge whatsoever about why CM wasn't at the all tourney team presentation? If so, how can you even begin to form an opinion regarding if it makes sense or not?

I'm assuming from your comments that you don't know Micah Miller either...... But giving the benefit of the doubt to a high school kid is respectable. Assuming the worst without knowing any of the story.......or it really being any of your concern for that matter.......not so much.
I don't know why he wasn't there, that would be why I posed that question in the original post. However, I can put two things together and form an opinion based on those two things. Unless someone can give me something else to work with, that is the opinion that I will continue to have.

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:39 pm

Is he the first player that did not attend the all tournament award ceremony?

4on5again

Post by 4on5again » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:41 pm

CM is a great player... some say once in a generation... upstaged on his senior year victory lap, as GH leads his team to the hockey promised land. That's how it looked from the "JV arm chair." (your insult attempt was pathetic by the way)

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:52 pm

4on5again wrote:CM is a great player... some say once in a generation... upstaged on his senior year victory lap, as GH leads his team to the hockey promised land. That's how it looked from the "JV arm chair." (your insult attempt was pathetic by the way)
Man, you have to grow up! Big deal CM didn't show up for all tournament award. He's an 18 year old high school kid. Think back on your decisions at that age, were they all the right ones? Bringing GH into this really show your immaturity and has absolutely nothing to do with CM.

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Your awful defensive about this, relative or something? As I said its not just that he didn't show up for the All Tournament team award, its coupled with last years disappointing display of ripping his medal off after receiving runner up. I expect more from high level players moving on to college and possibly the pro's. I was actually hoping somebody could give me a concrete legitimate explanation as to why he wasn't there so I wouldn't have this opinion, but so far nobody has been able to. I am not questioning his great hockey ability, he is a fantastic talent, fun to watch. The matchup between him and Micah is the reason for the big crowd on Friday night. I just wish he would lose more graciously.