$25.00 Parking is Madness

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

twincitiespuckmind

$25.00 Parking is Madness

Post by twincitiespuckmind »

I sure enjoy going to the state high school hockey tournament, but was a bit perplexed to have to dole out $25.00 to park my Toyota Prius. It's a rotten shame.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

So that was the only parking option in St. Paul?
GoldyGopher

Re: $25.00 Parking is Madness

Post by GoldyGopher »

twincitiespuckmind wrote:I sure enjoy going to the state high school hockey tournament, but was a bit perplexed to have to dole out $25.00 to park my Toyota Prius. It's a rotten shame.
Good thing you save all that money with the great fuel economy. Did you park it under the X in the players lot or what? Most I saw was $15.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
LASERBLUE135

Post by LASERBLUE135 »

twincitiespuckmind wrote:I sure enjoy going to the state high school hockey tournament, but was a bit perplexed to have to dole out $25.00 to park my Toyota Prius. It's a rotten shame.
I have never in my life paid for parking at the X (today included). And my legs get better mileage than your Prius.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

$4 dollar parking for me. Yeah a little walk, but my legs work fine.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Man vehicles were able to park in the same lot for $10.00
:wink:
mnjake28

Post by mnjake28 »

I never pay for parking either unless my wife is with me then I would have had to pay $25 unless she could have found a more expensive option :D
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

north_bear wrote:$4 dollar parking for me. Yeah a little walk, but my legs work fine.
An X worker told me they park on the street a couple miles down and take the West 7th bus in. I have been tempted to take the light rail but it takes time and it seems a little dicey late at night. $3 for a six hour pass.
Rick O'Shay

Post by Rick O'Shay »

You wouldn't have wanted to be on the light rail yesterday evening ~ I'm sure it would have been full of upset & angry St Thomas Academy and Hill Murray fans! Talk about sketchy people. :roll:
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Rick O'Shay wrote:You wouldn't have wanted to be on the light rail yesterday evening ~ I'm sure it would have been full of upset & angry St Thomas Academy and Hill Murray fans! Talk about sketchy people. :roll:
St. Thomas and Hill fans don't take the light rail. They valet their Range Rovers.
The U invented swagger.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Tried the light rail approach a few years back, but it seemed like the sessions always ended just after the train service became very irregular, leading to a lot of cold standing around on sometimes sketchy platforms. I suck it up and pay for parking now.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Have parked in the MN History Center lot about 1/2 mile from Xcel on numerous occasions for Concerts, Wild, North Star Cup, WCHA final 5 and HS STATE games. Never paid more than $10. Yesterday got GOUGED for $20...😡
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

If you can't find parking for $15 or less, you're not trying very hard.
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

Hint for next year: If you park in DiGidio's lot for the afternoon session and let them know you're coming back for dinner, they let you park there free. Likewise, if you eat there before the evening session, you can leave your car there free. About a six or eight block walk, but well worth it for free parking and a great meal.
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

Parked in some ramp off 4th St and Kellogg - paid $5. A little bit of a walk, but tolerable.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

ryguyMN wrote:Parked in some ramp off 4th St and Kellogg - paid $5. A little bit of a walk, but tolerable.
Atta boy. Too many people think they can only park and dine on West 7th Street.
Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 »

River centre and science museum ramps were $15 right across the street from the x. $5 at science museum w/membership for those who would use it
It is what it is!
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

$25 shouldn't feel like too much when you had to pay with your man card for that car.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
warmskin

Post by warmskin »

join the Science Museum and park for $5
ShakestheClown

Post by ShakestheClown »

I parked on Grand/Ramsey Ave(s) for free. 15 minute walk; but after too many mini donuts and popcorn over the weekend, the walk was needed.
ilovemesomehockey

Post by ilovemesomehockey »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
$25 shouldn't feel like too much when you had to pay with your man card for that car.
:lol: :lol: :lol: 218! 218!
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: