2017 Ted Brill Great 8 Festival

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ryguyMN

2017 Ted Brill Great 8 Festival

Post by ryguyMN »

The Ted Brill Great 8 Festival is this Friday-Sunday at Doug Woog Arena.

Rosters and schedules here: http://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sho ... l-great-8-

A few notables:

*The HP 18 Sections 7 & 8 roster features the Moorhead forward line of O'Connell/Randklev/Stetz. Rapids' Michael Heitkamp anchors the defense.

*Ben Almquist, Wisconsin commit, and likely Mr. Hockey candidate next season, is on the HP 18 - Sections 2 & 6 roster. His Holy Family teammate on defense, James Marooney, is also on the roster. He's an Ohio State commit.

*William Reim, an Air Force commit from STA, is playing on the HP Seniors - Sections 1 & 3 team.

I might be missing some others, but that's what stuck out on initial impressions.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
GoldyGopher

Re: 2017 Ted Brill Great 8 Festival

Post by GoldyGopher »

ryguyMN wrote:The Ted Brill Great 8 Festival is this Friday-Sunday at Doug Woog Arena.

Rosters and schedules here: http://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sho ... l-great-8-

A few notables:

*The HP 18 Sections 7 & 8 roster features the Moorhead forward line of O'Connell/Randklev/Stetz. Rapids' Michael Heitkamp anchors the defense.

*Ben Almquist, Wisconsin commit, and likely Mr. Hockey candidate next season, is on the HP 18 - Sections 2 & 6 roster. His Holy Family teammate on defense, James Marooney, is also on the roster. He's an Ohio State commit.

*William Reim, an Air Force commit from STA, is playing on the HP Seniors - Sections 1 & 3 team.

I might be missing some others, but that's what stuck out on initial impressions.
Heard about this roster last week, found it quite entertaining they combined sections.

More entertaining is that Sommers didn't make the list in 3A.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
BP

Post by BP »

GoldyGopher wrote:
ryguyMN wrote:The Ted Brill Great 8 Festival is this Friday-Sunday at Doug Woog Arena.

A few notables:

Heard about this roster last week, found it quite entertaining they combined sections.

He may have turned it down? Spring Break, etc.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

GoldyGopher wrote:More entertaining is that Sommers didn't make the list in 3A.
BP wrote:He may have turned it down? Spring Break, etc.
Which could very well be more entertaining than making the list. ;)
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

BP wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:

A few notables:

I don't believe that was the case.
kniven

Post by kniven »

GoldyGopher wrote:
BP wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: Heard about this roster last week, found it quite entertaining they combined sections.

I don't put too much into HP select teams in the spring or Elite league in the fall. I mean it's great fun and all, don't get me wrong. I just think it's more about how much money you have and who you know, that's all. I've come to this conclusion by all the feedback from others over the years.
blueblood

Ted Brill

Post by blueblood »

Are you getting info from parents?
GoldyGopher

Re: Ted Brill

Post by GoldyGopher »

blueblood wrote:Are you getting info from parents?
I'm not
BP

Post by BP »

kniven wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
BP wrote:
I don't put too much into HP select teams in the spring or Elite league in the fall. I mean it's great fun and all, don't get me wrong. I just think it's more about how much money you have and who you know, that's all. I've come to this conclusion by all the feedback from others over the years.
So, a lot of life lessons on how the real world works?
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

BP wrote:
kniven wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: I don't believe that was the case.
So, a lot of life lessons on how the real world works?
:lol:
redtundra

Resubmitting roster

Post by redtundra »

Hit submit before edit...
Last edited by redtundra on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
redtundra

Roster for HP18 team at NIT

Post by redtundra »

No. Pos Ht. Wt. School
1 Matt Fitzgerald G 6'1" 160 Bemidji
2 Garrett Daly D 6'0" 188 Lakeville North
3 Michael Heitkamp D 5'11" 160 Grand Rapids
4 James Marooney D 5'10" 167 Holy Family
5 Max Marvin D 6'1" 175 Warroad
6 Jack Olsen D 6'0" 188 Lakeville South
7 Peter Tabor D 6'2" 190 Holy Family
8 Ben Almquist F 6'0" 170 Holy Family
9 Blake Brandt F 5'11" 165 Lakeville North
10 Ray Christy F 5'9" 158 St. Thomas Academy
11 Chase Hamstad F 6'2" 180 White Bear Lake
12 Matthew Jaglo F 5'11" 175 Maple Grove
14 Griffen Ness F 5'11" 171 Wayzata
15 Cole O'Connell F 5'9" 175 Moorhead
16 Carter Randklev F 5'8" 160 Moorhead
17 Jack Stetz F 6'2" 175 Moorhead
18 Thomas Walker F 6'3" 185 Orono
19 Tyler Watkins F 5'9" 175 Hermantown
20 Garrett Worth F 5'10" 165 Duluth East
21 Lance Leonard G 6'3" 195 Moorhead

Looks like another strong group of Juniors (HP18) assembled for the NIT later this month after Ted Brill wrapped up. Surprised Ben Ward not on here, along with some Tonka kids and a few others. Good to see the entire top line from Moorhead. Could not find roster yet for Minnesota Seniors competing - if anyone has it would like to see it.
hockeyczar

Post by hockeyczar »

kniven wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
BP wrote:
How does HP work in Minnesota? Is it based off of tryouts or favors?