HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coaching Changes - 2017-18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Latest Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kniven

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpOilerfan wrote:
BP wrote:
Cloquet added to the list

who are the candidates??

I'm curious who will replace Esse. I guess I would think Brian Durand and Langenbrunner. Those 2 did a fine job with the boys as peewees and Bantams.
Upfan111

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
BP wrote:

who are the candidates??

I'm curious who will replace Esse. I guess I would think Brian Durand and Langenbrunner. Those 2 did a fine job with the boys as peewees and Bantams.

I would think the job should draw some interest from some big names. Tom Peart? Kevin Smalley? Any parents that would apply beside Langenbrunner and Durand?
kniven

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upfan111 wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
BP wrote:

who are the candidates??

I would think the job should draw some interest from some big names. Tom Peart? Kevin Smalley? Any parents that would apply beside Langenbrunner and Durand?

I don't think so. I've filmed a lot of PeeWee aa and Bantam aa games over the last 4 years. Durand's boys are a soph and senior next winter. Langenbrunner boys junior and freshman.

Last edited by kniven on Sat May 20, 2017 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
kniven

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upfan111 wrote:
kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
BP wrote:

who are the candidates??

I don't think so. I've filmed a lot of PeeWee aa and Bantam aa games over the last 4 years. Durand's boys are a soph and senior next winter. Langenbrunner boys junior and freshman.
Upfan111

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible a Cloquet legend takes over the team? I'm not talking about Langenbrunner, what about Millen?
kniven

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upfan111 wrote:
Is it possible a Cloquet legend takes over the team? I'm not talking about Langenbrunner, what about Millen?

Millen spent 3 years in Cloquet before this winter managing the Wilderness. He's in Mpls working for the gopher hockey team.
SpOilerfan

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kniven wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:

Millen spent 3 years in Cloquet before this winter managing the Wilderness. He's in Mpls working for the gopher hockey team.

I talked to him at a Gopher game this winter. Finished up his degree, have not heard that from him but a heck of a candidate, won in the NAHL well known and respected esp in his hometown, I would say its his if he wants it.
wbmd

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kniven wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:

And finishing his degree at the U of M.
kniven

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:

I talked to him at a Gopher game this winter. Finished up his degree, have not heard that from him but a heck of a candidate, won in the NAHL well known and respected esp in his hometown, I would say its his if he wants it.

Well, I sure can't wait to hear who going to lead this team this winter.
Slammer

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kniven, do you know if JL15 is taking over?
kniven

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slammer wrote:
Kniven, do you know if JL15 is taking over?

I haven't heard slammer. Pretty quiet around here. I'm filming the Cloquet vs. Esko HS baseball game on Tuesday for the kids. Maybe I'll talk to someone then.
karl(east)

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millen would be a great hire if his situation with the Gophers isn't an obstacle. Some experience as a head coach, local legend, and no doubt it will be him running the ship. Any other legacy names who are possibilities out there? (Derek Plante, I suppose, but there's been no real indication he's looking to get back into coaching since he left his position at UMD.)
kniven

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karl(east) wrote:
Millen would be a great hire if his situation with the Gophers isn't an obstacle. Some experience as a head coach, local legend, and no doubt it will be him running the ship. Any other legacy names who are possibilities out there? (Derek Plante, I suppose, but there's been no real indication he's looking to get back into coaching since he left his position at UMD.)

I guess if I had to pick the next head coach, my pick would be Brian Durand.
kniven

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karl(east) wrote:

I guess if I had to vote next head coach, my vote would be Brian Durand. Again...I am an idiot and nobody gives a San Kinison what I think. Just a fan who knows the program pretty well since 2012-2013. Ps. Actually I've gone to every single game, home and away since 2009-2010. Nobody new me though. I've pretty much been addicted to CEC Lumberjack hockey and the kids for some time. Smile
BP

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey finished his degree. He won't be the next Gophs Asst. Just a volunteer. He'd need a job to pay the bills, so unless Cloquet has a job for him, he's out. But a solid pick. My thoughts are if Esse was run out, then they have someone in mind. It won't be Derek Plante, unless he moves. His kids are coming up through Hermantown and will be in HS in the coming years. If JL doesn't get the job, does his kid leave? Do others leave? Crazy deal up there. Sad that Dave was forced to quit.
Slammer

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard through the grapevine at the bar that Jamie is going to be the next coach. Seems like the only logical reason Dave was run out of town.

Going to be an interesting couple years in 7AA if it's true

Last edited by Slammer on Sun May 21, 2017 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
kniven

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slammer wrote:
I heard through the grapevine at the bar that Jamie is going to be the next coach. Seems like the only logical reason Dave was run out of town.

Going to be an interesting couple years in 7AA

It will be interesting to see if any of the talented Bantam player(s) brought up early? Last year, CEC Bantam AA's only played maybe 25 games.

And. There is so much talent in this years junior and sophomore classes. It will be interesting to see how many seniors make the team this winter. A person could argue that there has never been this much talent from top to bottom ever in this programs history.
wolfman

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be the Elks year. Great players and coach is loved and respected. East will be East. Lumberjacks don't have a chance with new coach and all the bs. GR will fall apart and come back to earth. Andover will hang tough. Should be another fun year of puck in 7AA. Kniven keep your head up! Sun will rise tomorrow and we all have Hockey to look forward to.
Section 8 guy

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would JLs position in the NHL make it difficult for him to actually be the head coach? It's one thing for an assistant coach to miss some games....... Would it be more complicated for the head coach to miss some games?
kniven

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfman wrote:
This will be the Elks year. Great players and coach is loved and respected. East will be East. Lumberjacks don't have a chance with new coach and all the bs. GR will fall apart and come back to earth. Andover will hang tough. Should be another fun year of puck in 7AA. Kniven keep your head up! Sun will rise tomorrow and we all have Hockey to look forward to.

Thanks wolfman. I appreciate it ! Smile
greenwayraider

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfman wrote:

This is at least the third year in a row that it is the Elk's year. Their epic collapses the last two years don't inspire a lot of confidence. I bought into that thinking the last two years and I'm not buying into this upcoming year. Come tournament time it will be East, Rapids, Elk River, Cloquet and Marshall or Andover. Elk River would like to see Hermantown opt as bad as the Range schools would and then hope they get reassigned instead of Andover.
Rocketwrister

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha. Wolf. At least your consistently loyal to Elk, you have that going for you. What Raider said, Another top finish in regular season, another loss in playoffs; boys and girls programs must work very closely together.
Hermhawkey

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
Nuts&Bolts wrote:
Kniven, am I reading something between the lines with your post? Might you become a Hawks fan of sorts and could this be the move to get Hermantown to play big boy hockey? Would be awesome to see Esse stay in 7AA.

It would be a shock if Pat Andrews isn't the new coach in Hermantown. Not sure what's taking so long.

Zero chance that Esse coaches at Hermantown. Their mindset is the exact opposite of his. They will not be playing big boy hockey any time soon.

I believe the Hermantown position closed before Esse resigned. If not, it could've been interesting...but, yes, I doubt Esse would've taken that job without certain assurances.

Rumor is a big stud is transferring into Hermantown next year as a 9th grader? Hawkey - any rumor to that?

Haven't heard that rumor. He would have to play Bantams if he did unless Andrews goes off script…which I would doubt.
SpOilerfan

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kniven wrote:
Slammer wrote:

It will be interesting to see if any of the talented Bantam player(s) brought up early? Last year, CEC Bantam AA's only played maybe 25 games.

And. There is so much talent in this years junior and sophomore classes. It will be interesting to see how many seniors make the team this winter. A person could argue that there has never been this much talent from top to bottom ever in this programs history.

Thought you had given up on Cloquet?? Still trying to make sense on your bully rambling
kniven

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Slammer wrote:

Thought you had given up on Cloquet?? Still trying to make sense on your bully rambling

I love you spoiler fan!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Latest Topics) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: