2013-2014 PeeWee aa hockey: CEC vs. Moorhead

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

kniven

2013-2014 PeeWee aa hockey: CEC vs. Moorhead

Post by kniven » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:12 pm

https://youtu.be/5wU9nskeHHU

These boys are sophomores and juniors this winter.

Upfan111

Re: 2013-2014 PeeWee aa hockey: CEC vs. Moorhead

Post by Upfan111 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:23 pm

kniven wrote:https://youtu.be/5wU9nskeHHU

No. One. Cares.

kniven

Post by kniven » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Upfan111 wrote:

No. One. Cares.
I do :). These two squads will be going head to head during the regular season for the next several years! Anybody who is a fan of high school hockey up north would be curious to take a peek into the past....

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:31 pm

LL is one year younger than the Randklev O'Connell, Stetz trio?

Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:51 pm

Really. Getting. Old.

kniven

Post by kniven » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:49 am

Corn Cobb wrote:Really. Getting. Old.
How old are you Corn Cobb? It’s ok, we’re all getting older :)

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Upfan111 wrote:

No. One. Cares.

People who can only make one word sentences don't !

housegoat32

Post by housegoat32 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:42 am

When you have to openly recruit Pee Wee players from Moose Lake to compete at the pee wee level, that's the telling story of the Cloquet program..........

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:27 am

housegoat32 wrote:When you have to openly recruit Pee Wee players from Moose Lake to compete at the pee wee level, that's the telling story of the Cloquet program..........
It sounds like you're a little bitter.
The U invented swagger.

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:46 am

housegoat32 wrote:When you have to openly recruit Pee Wee players from Moose Lake to compete at the pee wee level, that's the telling story of the Cloquet program..........
There is zero chance that kid was staying in Moose Lake. Only question was if Hermantown or Cloquet would get him. He probably wasn't going to crack the top team in Hermantown so the choice was easy. Hermantown is already so loaded with open-enrollees and transfers at the PeeWee level that they will have 5 teams this year. That's unheard of in this area and more than any program in 7AA even, including all of the huge metro programs. Their AA team will win State this year and should go undefeated. We're probably going to see some bubble kids that have no choice but to transfer back home from there at some point.

kniven

Post by kniven » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
There is zero chance that kid was staying in Moose Lake. Only question was if Hermantown or Cloquet would get him. He probably wasn't going to crack the top team in Hermantown so the choice was easy. Hermantown is already so loaded with open-enrollees and transfers at the PeeWee level that they will have 5 teams this year. That's unheard of in this area and more than any program in 7AA even, including all of the huge metro programs. Their AA team will win State this year and should go undefeated. We're probably going to see some bubble kids that have no choice but to transfer back home from there at some point.
Langenbrunner’s live in Moose Lake so the younger Langenbrunner is probably a friend of his in town.

Interesting. Hawks peewee aa team last year. i didn't get a chance to see them play. I haven't heard of a Moose Lake kid in the ranks. He will be a peewee or bantam this year? thanks

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:32 pm

kniven wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
Langenbrunner’s live in Moose Lake so the younger Langenbrunner is probably a friend of his in town.

Interesting. Hawks peewee aa team last year. i didn't get a chance to see them play. I haven't heard of a Moose Lake kid in the ranks. He will be a peewee or bantam this year? thanks
He played in Moose Lake last year. 2nd year PeeWee this year. I heard he was in Cloquet this year but didn't know for a fact. This guy seems to confirm it though.

blueline_6

Post by blueline_6 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:52 am

Jeffy95 wrote:Hermantown is already so loaded with open-enrollees and transfers at the PeeWee level that they will have 5 teams this year. That's unheard of in this area and more than any program in 7AA even, including all of the huge metro programs.
Who are the "huge metro programs" in 7AA? I can only assume you are referring to Andover and Elk River, neither of which I would call "huge metro programs". They are bigger than other 7AA programs yes, but hardly "huge".

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:38 am

blueline_6 wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:Hermantown is already so loaded with open-enrollees and transfers at the PeeWee level that they will have 5 teams this year. That's unheard of in this area and more than any program in 7AA even, including all of the huge metro programs.
Who are the "huge metro programs" in 7AA? I can only assume you are referring to Andover and Elk River, neither of which I would call "huge metro programs". They are bigger than other 7AA programs yes, but hardly "huge".
Yes, more of a comparison to the other 7AA programs and how the game has changed. Because of Player Movement, Hermantown's program is now larger than all 7AA Programs.

MWS coach

Post by MWS coach » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:06 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
blueline_6 wrote:
Yes, more of a comparison to the other 7AA programs and how the game has changed. Because of Player Movement, Hermantown's program is now larger than all 7AA Programs.
No doubt HT has had a lot of player movement and you just can't help yourself to call that out every opportunity you get, but 5 PW teams is not larger than any 7AA program, ER will likely have 5 this year as well and will have 6 squirt teams. My assumption is Andover will have about the same number of teams if not more. At least get your facts correct when you bash HT..... :lol:

kniven

Post by kniven » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Hermantown hockey is a machine! That’s all :)

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:21 pm

MWS coach wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
blueline_6 wrote:
No doubt HT has had a lot of player movement and you just can't help yourself to call that out every opportunity you get, but 5 PW teams is not larger than any 7AA program, ER will likely have 5 this year as well and will have 6 squirt teams. My assumption is Andover will have about the same number of teams if not more. At least get your facts correct when you bash HT..... :lol:
Likely? Assumption? Thank you for having your facts so straight. My comparison was to last year's numbers, which another poster provided.

I don't bash HT's Youth Program, they play at the Highest Level. Player movement is a fact of life in AA hockey.
blueline_6 wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:
kniven wrote:
MWS coach wrote:Kiv, Elk does not have huge numbers, not small but would guess somewhere in the middle. 404 boys including Jr Gold and 68 Bantams is no where near the Wayzata, Edina, and OMGHA's of the world which are the huge associations. I know for past several years there were not even 40 players that tried out for HS teams....
I was thinking of their numbers compared to the other 7AA hockey programs.
knivvy or MWS could you put up the youth numbers for the 7AA? Not sure if I have seen them to compare. Thanks
This is what I could find off the interwebs, either on association sites or district sites. This is the number of teams each youth association had last year at the Bantam and Peewee levels. So it's not an exact head count of players, but a pretty fair gauge of size I think. I'd say Elk River is hardly "huge" in 7AA, roughly same size as East, Andover, FL and GR.

Elk River
-Bantams 4
-Peewees 4

Duluth East
-Bantams 4
-Peewees 3

Andover
-Bantams 4
-Peewees 4

Forest Lake
-Bantams 4
-Peewees 4

Grand Rapids
-Bantams 3
-Peewees 4

St. Francis (co-op with North Branch)
-Bantams 3
-Peewees 3

Cambridge/Isanti
-Bantams 1
-Peewees 3

Cloquet
-Bantams 3
-Peewees 3

Princeton
-Bantams 2
-Peewees 2

MWS coach

Post by MWS coach » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:49 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
MWS coach wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
blueline_6 wrote:
Likely? Assumption? Thank you for having your facts so straight. My comparison was to last year's numbers, which another poster provided.

I don't bash HT's Youth Program, they play at the Highest Level. Player movement is a fact of life in AA hockey.
blueline_6 wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:
kniven wrote:
MWS coach wrote:Kiv, Elk does not have huge numbers, not small but would guess somewhere in the middle. 404 boys including Jr Gold and 68 Bantams is no where near the Wayzata, Edina, and OMGHA's of the world which are the huge associations. I know for past several years there were not even 40 players that tried out for HS teams....
knivvy or MWS could you put up the youth numbers for the 7AA? Not sure if I have seen them to compare. Thanks
This is what I could find off the interwebs, either on association sites or district sites. This is the number of teams each youth association had last year at the Bantam and Peewee levels. So it's not an exact head count of players, but a pretty fair gauge of size I think. I'd say Elk River is hardly "huge" in 7AA, roughly same size as East, Andover, FL and GR.

Elk River
-Bantams 4
-Peewees 4

Duluth East
-Bantams 4
-Peewees 3

Andover
-Bantams 4
-Peewees 4

Forest Lake
-Bantams 4
-Peewees 4

Grand Rapids
-Bantams 3
-Peewees 4

-Bantams 3
-Peewees 3

Cambridge/Isanti
-Bantams 1
-Peewees 3

Cloquet
-Bantams 3
-Peewees 3

Princeton
-Bantams 2
-Peewees 2
Elk River WILL have 5 PW teams and Andover WILL have 5 PW teams, is that better?

blueline_6

Post by blueline_6 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:54 am

MWS coach wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MWS coach wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
blueline_6 wrote:

blueline_6 wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:
kniven wrote:

Elk River
-Bantams 4
-Peewees 4

Duluth East
-Bantams 4
-Peewees 3

Andover
-Bantams 4
-Peewees 4

Forest Lake
-Bantams 4
-Peewees 4

Grand Rapids
-Bantams 3
-Peewees 4

-Bantams 3
-Peewees 3

Cambridge/Isanti
-Bantams 1
-Peewees 3

Cloquet
-Bantams 3
-Peewees 3

Princeton
-Bantams 2
-Peewees 2
Elk River WILL have 5 PW teams and Andover WILL have 5 PW teams, is that better?
Elk River will have 5 peewee teams because they thought they were going to have 11 peewee goalies. They lost two goalies but kept their 5 team declaration. I've heard three of their peewee teams will only have 12 skaters rostered while the other two teams have 13 skaters. So while they will have 5 teams, that doesn't mean they have a ton of players.