HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minnesota Hockey redistricting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Youth Hockey
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliott70

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Minnesota Hockey redistricting? Reply with quote

If you could move teams in and out of your district, or any district, what would you do?
goldy313

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eliminate districts......or at least determine districts later, maybe Jan 1.
elliott70

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldy313 wrote:
Eliminate districts......or at least determine districts later, maybe Jan 1.

Assuming you mean district play-offs.

Administering, game scheduling, representation at MH level somewhat requires districts.
ndirishfighting

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really matter the state and the districts do what they want anyway just like MSHSL.
They tell certain teams you have to be AA or A all by school size donít matter how many kids come out. I live in a area that yes by the school size they should have a A and AA team at peewees and bantams but with the drop in numbers they should be playin a A schedule but nope MN and this district comes right in and say nope you canít have a A team AA only.
elliott70

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ndirishfighting wrote:
Does it really matter the state and the districts do what they want anyway just like MSHSL.
They tell certain teams you have to be AA or A all by school size donít matter how many kids come out. I live in a area that yes by the school size they should have a A and AA team at peewees and bantams but with the drop in numbers they should be playin a A schedule but nope MN and this district comes right in and say nope you canít have a A team AA only.

While the District Director does have the power to make the final determination as to what level a team plays, a conversation with him/her may go along way in that determination. However; this is not a redistricting issue.

AA - A: If your association wants to change its designation they can complete the request form and submit it to the committee for review. If that has not been done than the local association needs to re-think their approach. If done, and denied then a grievance can be filed and it can be reviewed again.

If you want you can PM me or email me or call me and we can discuss it more.

email
elliottm@paulbunyan.net
cell
218 766 4433
blueline_6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliott70 wrote:
AA - A: If your association wants to change its designation they can complete the request form and submit it to the committee for review. If that has not been done than the local association needs to re-think their approach. If done, and denied then a grievance can be filed and it can be reviewed again.

I assume you are talking about changing designation after team declarations have been made and teams have been formed and rostered with USA Hockey. Before that point, an association can basically declare whatever they want as long as the District Director approves it.
elliott70

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueline_6 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

I assume you are talking about changing designation after team declarations have been made and teams have been formed and rostered with USA Hockey. Before that point, an association can basically declare whatever they want as long as the District Director approves it.

MH assigns teams based on their high school in regard to AA - A (and previous year designation).
Once this is done (sometime in August if memory serves me) an association can petition to play up to AA or to play down to A.

As far as other designation, yes, the local declares what level their team is and that is that - in D16 we discuss it prior to season and if everyone is on board the D9strict Director approves it (sometimes with stipulations).
blueline_6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliott70 wrote:
blueline_6 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

MH assigns teams based on their high school in regard to AA - A (and previous year designation).
Once this is done (sometime in August if memory serves me) an association can petition to play up to AA or to play down to A.

As far as other designation, yes, the local declares what level their team is and that is that - in D16 we discuss it prior to season and if everyone is on board the D9strict Director approves it (sometimes with stipulations).

So MH assigns teams AA or A at the Bantam/Peewee level based on high school? I never knew that. I wish MH would establish some guidelines for overall team declaration. e.g. if you have X number of kids at PW, then here is the guideline for your team declarations at PW. A lot of associaitons struggle every year with deciding to declare AA and A, or AA and then B1 as the next team. If everyone operated under same guidelines it would eliminate some guesswork.
elliott70

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueline_6 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
blueline_6 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

So MH assigns teams AA or A at the Bantam/Peewee level based on high school? I never knew that. I wish MH would establish some guidelines for overall team declaration. e.g. if you have X number of kids at PW, then here is the guideline for your team declarations at PW. A lot of associaitons struggle every year with deciding to declare AA and A, or AA and then B1 as the next team. If everyone operated under same guidelines it would eliminate some guesswork.

Good point.
I brought this up about ten years ago, but it was not acted on.
I will bring it up again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Youth Hockey All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: