section 5A

rbk4me227

section 5A

Post by rbk4me227 »

alright we all know that every year 5A is a mini state tournament. but who do you guys think will come out on top this year? and do they have the best shot at taking state? <p></p><i></i>
Hockeyfanatic23

5A

Post by Hockeyfanatic23 »

The private schools seem to be down a little this year compared to the last few years. Chisago Lakes might open some eyes this season for this section. <p></p><i></i>
MNPuckster40

Re: section 5A

Post by MNPuckster40 »

Anybody want to try ranking this section?<br><br>Blake<br>Breck<br>Chisago Lakes<br>Mahtomedi<br>Rogers<br>Spring Lake Park<br>St. Bernard's<br>St. Louis Park<br>St. Paul Como Park<br>Totino-Grace <br><br>(not a ranking here - alphabetical order) <p></p><i></i>
IJasonI

Post by IJasonI »

Here is what I think the rankings will be when the section tourney starts:<br>1. Blake<br>2. Breck<br>3. Totino-Grace<br>4. St. Louis Park<br>5. Mahtomedi<br>6...<br>Well, let's be honest, 5-10 don't really matter in this section<br><br>I think the section championship will be Breck and Blake and Breck will win it. <p></p><i></i>
inthefairway

section 5a

Post by inthefairway »

Breck clearly has the strongest line with Fulton & Inderediene but i don't like their depth.<br><br>Blake has the best goaltending with Patterson but their defense will be a question mark.<br><br>Totino has some big holes to fill but no one gave thema chance last year either.<br><br>St Louis Park could be the sleeper, they have a good Senior bunch. <p></p><i></i>
hockeyfever55

Re: section 5a

Post by hockeyfever55 »

1. Blake-they gotta win this section sometime<br>2. Totino Grace<br>3. Breck<br>4. Mahtomedi<br>5. St Louis Park <p></p><i></i>
NumberCruncher

Post by NumberCruncher »

How's Breck defensewise?<br>Or in other words, What else do they have to offer besides Indo and Fulton. <p></p><i></i>
hockey6409

Post by hockey6409 »

just a question, when was the last time a public school won this section? i'm not whining about private schools, just wondering. <p></p><i></i>
100Flex

Post by 100Flex »

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the last public school to win section 5a was St. Louis Park. As I recall, they defeated Blake in a close game--something like 4-2 to go to state in 2003. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... 100Flex</A> at: 10/24/05 10:13 pm<br></i>
MNPuckster40

Post by MNPuckster40 »

It would seem to me that the Top 3 will be:<br><br>Blake, Breck, and Totino-Grace<br><br>The rest of the section I think is more up in the air. Chisago had a lot of speed last year. They could be a suprise. St. Louis Park, Mahtomedi, and Spring Lake Park should have competitive teams. Don't believe you'll see much out of St. Bernard's or St. Paul Como Park. The question mark for me (besides Chisago) is Rogers. They finally have a Senior class with all of them in their third year of varsity hockey. Track record for most of these kids from the Elk River Bantam A program is that they grew up in a very competitive program. Their question mark is goaltending, but they may have answered that with a new goalie coach (ex Maple Grove HS goalie coach) and 2 new goalies (one from ER Bantam A program and the other I believe is the kid that started for STMA last year before he got hurt). Not sure any of the public school teams can keep up with the top 3, in fact I doubt they can - but come tournament time this should be fun to watch.<br><br>You are right - this could be a mini state tournament at Parade in February.<br><br><br>BTW - recently moved out to the Rogers area - and thanks to Cabella's opening, anybody trying to get to a game out in that area should allow themselves 1 hour for the 15 mile drive from Maple Grove to Hwy 101. You would think a retired guy would be smart enough to move Away from traffic, not into it... <p></p><i></i>
IJasonI

breck defense

Post by IJasonI »

I believe Breck graduated 2 important d, kettelkamp and broderson.<br><br>They return Drake Herd, a senior, who will have a very good season this year, Karl Hylle, another senior, and jon aho, a junior. They may be getting some new kids to fill in the rest of the spots, I'm not really sure. <p></p><i></i>