7AA for 2017-2018

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

kniven

Re: 7AA for 2017-2018

Post by kniven »

agreed
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

kniven wrote:agreed
I dont believe any East team is back in the LSC. Its an all or nothing thing from what ive been told.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Usthockey13 wrote:
kniven wrote:agreed
I dont believe any East team is back in the LSC. Its an all or nothing thing from what ive been told.
Football scheduling is now done by District, conferences may still exist but scheduling is not done by conference. Duluth East is now playing games within there district. All their games are within their sub-district plus Big Lake.

This is their district and sub-district.
Northeast
Red
Cloquet Duluth Denfeld Grand Rapids Hermantown Hibbing North Branch Proctor.

White and Blue and silver sub-districts contain
Aitkin Barnum Greenway Nashwauk Keewatin
Crosby-Ironton Braham International Falls
Esko Chisholm Two Harbors
Moose Lake/WR Deer River Virginia Mora
East Central Pine City Hinckley-Finlayson Mesabi East
kniven

Post by kniven »

High school football seasons winding down. Youth hockey tryouts in the works. The planets and stars are starting to align. It’s good to live in the 218 in the state of hockey :))))))))))))))
kniven

Post by kniven »

Captains practice well on its way. May section 7AA do well as a whole this year. Hopefully our representative from the section represents our section well again at state this year. And again, congratulations to the Indians from Grand Rapids for taking the state AA championship last year :)
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

Kniven, you need to show a little enthusiasm and excitement for the upcoming season.
kniven

Post by kniven »

greenwayraider wrote:Kniven, you need to show a little enthusiasm and excitement for the upcoming season.
You are correct greenway.
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

Kniven-Who is coaching cloquet bantams and pee wees?
kniven

Post by kniven »

Upfan111 wrote:Kniven-Who is coaching cloquet bantams and pee wees?
Jaimie is the head coach for Bantam AA’s. Kyle Young the head coach for PeeWee AA’’s.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Blake McLaughlin takes over the USHL scoring lead with 1G, 1A in the first.

Plenty of good teams in 7AA.

Injuns will be a factor.
kniven

Post by kniven »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:Blake McLaughlin takes over the USHL scoring lead with 1G, 1A in the first.

Injuns will be a factor.
Injuns will be a factor. I've been saying it all along. Best forward and goalie in the state on that team. But, I'm not sure if you've heard or not. Duluth East has 50 kids on the Elite League North and other Elite team rosters.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

kniven wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:Blake McLaughlin takes over the USHL scoring lead with 1G, 1A in the first.

Injuns will be a factor.
Injuns will be a factor. I've been saying it all along. Best forward and goalie in the state on that team. But, I'm not sure if you've heard or not. Duluth East has 50 kids on the Elite League North and other Elite team rosters.
Pretty lean up in Rapids for 2018. The forward kid should stay in Chicago.
grindiangrad-80

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
kniven wrote:

Injuns will be a factor.
Pretty lean up in Rapids for 2018. The forward kid should stay in Chicago.
I hear ya Kniven. This section is as good from top to bottom as it ever has been.
Northwoods- There are still a couple of guys on this team who have won the AA Bantam championship along with a 3rd place and a championship at the High school level in the last few years. I don't think he has much to lose by capping off his senior year in GR. He will make the transition to D1 just fine.
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

kniven wrote:
Upfan111 wrote:Kniven-Who is coaching cloquet bantams and pee wees?
Jaimie is the head coach for Bantam AA’s. Kyle Young the head coach for PeeWee AA’’s.
Curious is Meiser helping out with high school?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Both YHH and Karl have been hinting not to underestimate Andover this season and next. Best in the post Maddie era? Five 7AA teams in top 20 when rankings come out next week?
kniven

Post by kniven »

WestMetro wrote:Both YHH and Karl have been hinting not to underestimate Andover this season and next. Best in the post Maddie era? Five 7AA teams in top 20 when rankings come out next week?
Exactly! Andover is going to be a big pain in the *$# for sure for the next several years.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

I don't think Andover will get a sniff of the finals!
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Knivvy, Cloquet is clearly a football school. Congrats. Hockey season will have to wait like in Elk River. Any hockey players playing football?
kniven

Post by kniven »

alcloseshaver wrote:Knivvy, Cloquet is clearly a football school. Congrats. Hockey season will have to wait like in Elk River. Any hockey players playing football?
Zero play football from 10-12th grade. Luckily, it’s Cloquet-Esko-Carlton not just Cloquet for hockey.
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

kniven wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:Knivvy, Cloquet is clearly a football school. Congrats. Hockey season will have to wait like in Elk River. Any hockey players playing football?
Zero play football from 10-12th grade. Luckily, it’s Cloquet-Esko-Carlton not just Cloquet for hockey.
Believe your wrong, I've recognized handful or so hockey kids names on football roster in Cloquet. No idea for Esko and Carlton football teams.

Good luck to Cloquet football team at U.S. Bank Stadium !!
kniven

Post by kniven »

Upfan111 wrote:
kniven wrote:
Believe your wrong, I've recognized handful or so hockey kids names on football roster in Cloquet. No idea for Esko and Carlton football teams.

Good luck to Cloquet football team at U.S. Bank Stadium !!
I’m an idiot upfan. So I’m not surprised I’m wrong. Yes! Good things for the football team in purple :)
grindiangrad-80

Looks like the Injuns will have a different type of roster than the last few years but they will still be a hardworking and talented team. They are returning plenty of guys from last years team and I would assume Burnson will be leaned on for offense and Heitkamp will anchor the defense. With the leadership of Mischke and one of the best netminders in the state in Holum along with a new coach who has an impressive resume, Gr will have the entire winter to create their new identity.

However the regular season plays out, they will still have the attention of 7AA when the playoffs start. And if they can get by their quarterfinal matchup- who knows what may happen.

Skol Injuns :)
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

My9 Sports Network by KBJR in Duluth is video streaming a good number of games in NE MN both 7A and 7AA. Here is the link: http://www.kbjr6.com/story/35883064/201 ... s-schedule
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
boblee

Post by boblee »

Grand Rapids is primed for one of its ugliest years in the past couple decades. Three stars have moved on to junior hockey. The head coach left. Last year's bantams weren't great. Last year's JV wasn't great. Rumor has it six players were recently caught drinking and have suspensions to serve.

Could get mighty ugly. Will the pride of the title help everyone through it?
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

boblee wrote:Grand Rapids is primed for one of its ugliest years in the past couple decades. Three stars have moved on to junior hockey. The head coach left. Last year's bantams weren't great. Last year's JV wasn't great. Rumor has it six players were recently caught drinking and have suspensions to serve.

Could get mighty ugly. Will the pride of the title help everyone through it?
The last two years were a lot of fun. For me that championship will keep me satisfied for a few years. Just gonna sit back and enjoy Duluth East and Cloquet battle it out in NE MN.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine