HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

14-1 Wow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Girls High School Hockey
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegreatone99

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: 14-1 Wow Reply with quote

How does a game like this help anyone? Girls hockey clearly becoming haves and have-nots, pretty soon teams will be following North Dakota.
ghshockeyfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 14-1 Wow Reply with quote

thegreatone99 wrote:
How does a game like this help anyone? Girls hockey clearly becoming haves and have-nots, pretty soon teams will be following North Dakota.

I agree. Not sure what game in particular you are talking about but many years we've seen teams putting up high teens and into the 20's. I only had one of these get away from me in about a decade behind the bench. It happens but shouldn't regularly.
thegreatone99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edina vs Duluth, would expect Duluth to be stronger based on their numbers?
massalsa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: 14-1 Wow Reply with quote

thegreatone99 wrote:

The same team lost to Blake 7-4 in less than 24 hours. I would say that it probably helped them in that game.

Blake beat Proctor/Hermantown 9-0 Friday night. Then P/H lost to Edina (only guessing by looking at their twitter feed as they like to take their time in reporting scores) 7-1.

Who did these games help or hinder more? If I had to guess the beneficiaries of these games were all 4 teams but my OPINION is that they helped both Duluth and also P/H the most.

I know if I was P/H (as a coach or a player) i want to play the defending A champs if I want to take my team to the state tourney and have a shot at the championship.

That is just an early thought/opinion.
MNHockeyFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegreatone99 wrote:
Edina vs Duluth, would expect Duluth to be stronger based on their numbers?

For whatever reason girls hockey just hasn't caught on in Duluth. Huge contrast to the boys, which has a powerhouse Class AA team in Duluth East, and perennial Class A champion in nearby Hermantown.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Girls High School Hockey All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: