HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2017-18 Golden Gophers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> College Hockey Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grindiangrad-80

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid 2nd period of Clarkson game and my observation. If they can figure out a PP they will still be playing next spring. If not, they will be done this winter.
BodyShots

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Friday nights game on cable and attended Saturday's game in person. What an embarrassment to see all of the open seats in a series between two top 10 rated teams. They were lucky if they had 5,000 fans in the stands on either night. They might as well move these games over to Ridder arena!

The game was actually pretty good. They dominated the first period on Saturday and gave up only 1 shot through most of the period. In the 3rd period, it appeared they were happy with a 1 goal lead and went into a defensive shell with very little fore-check. What I don't understand is if they are going to play this defensive style, then why would you play the umbrella power play with only one defensemen on the ice?

BTW, there power play is struggling this year. I think I know why. They need an offensive defensemen to run the thing. Stevie Johnson is not that guy!
grindiangrad-80

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been fired up to watch Gopher hockey since I was pretty young. I must admit though, breaking up the WCHA and starting Big 10 hockey hasn't, so far anyway, done a thing to increase excitement. It is hard to get jacked up to watch Penn State or Michigan State or Clarkson, etc when you were used to watching all of the in state rivalries every weekend. Heck, it's even taken the luster off of the North Dakota and Wisconsin series now. I thought after a couple years I would get accustomed to the new schedule. Nope, I was wrong. I don't like it.
grindiangrad-80

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the networks are following this board. Tonight I can watch Gophs/ Mich St.- Wis/ Nodak/ - and Dogs/Huskies.

Go figure.
grindiangrad-80

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to soon. Gophers at Michigan Friday night- No TV coverage. Very Happy

I think the NCAA needs a new hockey marketing person.
BodyShots

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at Saturday's game and they looked REAL good. 50 shots on net and another 34 that were blocked for a total shot attempts of 84. WOW. They were just flying all night long.

Hopefully Sheehy gets going now. He hasn't looked so good coming into this weekend.
BodyShots

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodyShots wrote:
Hopefully Sheehy gets going now. He hasn't looked so good coming into this weekend.

He still ain't going.... How does a guy earn All American honors one year, get his portrait put up on the walls of 3M Arena, and then disappear the next year? He looks terrible, slow, and unmotivated. At best, he should be on the 3rd line.
xy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "he had back surgery and was severely limited in what kind of training he could do over the summer" is probably a large part of the answer to your question.
BodyShots

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This losing might be a good thing. It finally give Coyle a reason to make a coaching change. Pray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> College Hockey Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: