HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GAME NOTES

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Girls High School Hockey
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nu2hockey



Joined: 21 Dec 2013
Posts: 563

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: GAME NOTES Reply with quote

Just a few notes so far:

Previously unranked EAGAN has made some noise by going 4-0, beating H/SLP 6-1, MG 4-1, LVL S 2-1, and HASTINGS 7-0, nice job, expect them to climb the rankings.

H/SLP after losing to EAGAN has won 4 straight to be 4-1, good rebound

Though it is early, it appears that parity is the name of the game this year(Blake/Edina may be exceptions) 88/119 teams already have a loss on their record and we are only 1 week into the season. Looking forward, teams who are accustomed to winning lots of games, may find this year different..

Penalty mins seem to be up a bit, plus there has already been a GAME MISCONDUCT/EJECTION penalty recorded for BUTT-ENDING...hopefully that team's coaches will address such stupidity. The heavy hand slashing is bad enough.

I have received some pm's on other funny and amusing things that seem to be occurring , time will tell if it truly is occurring . and if not it's still somewhat funny..later on that

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any compelling games yet. Frankly, the games I have seen have been sloppy and lacking ....Hopefully, things will change..

If anyone caught some great game action, would love to hear about it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
massalsa



Joined: 18 Dec 2013
Posts: 352

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of thoughts after just 2 weeks...

Overall the Lake conference looks down slightly from last year. Edina is just as strong or stronger, Minnetonka & Hopkins may be about the same, but EP & Wayzata both look down according to the first 2 weeks of results.

Looks like mn-scores.net will have their first QRF rankings on December 2. That should be interesting...

Is the Northwest Suburban Conference the best conference in the state? Would be fun to see a 1st thru 5th matchup with the Lake. I think that NSC could be 4-1.

Nice to see Red Wing doing well.

Cant argue with these games (but would add the Tuesday EGF v Warroad as it is a potential preview of the section championship)
http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news_article/show/858380?referrer_id=868951

January 20th, 4:00.

There are a bunch of good goalies that might be able steal some wins this season on teams with limited scoring so far. EP, SLP, Armstrong Cooper, & CDH, & WBL all look good despite giving up some goals to higher powered offenses. I think that teams with strong goaltending certainly have a shot to do some damage this season and in sectionals.

Proctor/Hermantown has quite a back to back this Friday & Saturday. I hope that their goalie has been getting some extra practice with UMD!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nu2hockey



Joined: 21 Dec 2013
Posts: 563

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the trend continues, with large scores being posted. This week we have already had 6 games where one team scored 10 or more goals. Granted, the southern and southeastern class A teams do this regularly, along with certain northern teams struggling against Warroad. Warroad posted an 18-0 game with a 97-1 shot differential. However, I think the real story belongs to goalie Brelee Jobe of Crookston, having stopped 79 shots. I don't know if its a regular season, non-overtime game record but I would guess it might be close..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ghshockeyfan



Joined: 05 Jun 2003
Posts: 6085
Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nu2hockey wrote:
It seems that the trend continues, with large scores being posted. This week we have already had 6 games where one team scored 10 or more goals. Granted, the southern and southeastern class A teams do this regularly, along with certain northern teams struggling against Warroad. Warroad posted an 18-0 game with a 97-1 shot differential. However, I think the real story belongs to goalie Brelee Jobe of Crookston, having stopped 79 shots. I don't know if its a regular season, non-overtime game record but I would guess it might be close..


I think the single game save record is 90+. I seem to remember a couple games like that in mid 2000s.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ghshockeyfan



Joined: 05 Jun 2003
Posts: 6085
Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghshockeyfan wrote:
nu2hockey wrote:
It seems that the trend continues, with large scores being posted. This week we have already had 6 games where one team scored 10 or more goals. Granted, the southern and southeastern class A teams do this regularly, along with certain northern teams struggling against Warroad. Warroad posted an 18-0 game with a 97-1 shot differential. However, I think the real story belongs to goalie Brelee Jobe of Crookston, having stopped 79 shots. I don't know if its a regular season, non-overtime game record but I would guess it might be close..


I think the single game save record is 90+. I seem to remember a couple games like that in mid 2000s.


https://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/records.asp?actnum=460

118


Most Stops Regulation Game
118 Taylor Baumhoefner, Worthington (vs. New Ulm), 2007
92 Jessi McGehee, Tartan (vs. Henry Sibley), 2004-05
91 Brooklyn Drahota, Windom Area (vs. Dodge County Wildcats), 2008
90 Brooklyn Drahota, Windom Area (vs. New Ulm Eagles), 2009
90 Brooklyn Drahota, Windom Area (vs. Austin), 2009
84 Brooklyn Drahota, Windom Area (vs. Dodge County Wildcats), 2007
82 Nhi Dinh, Little Falls (vs. River Lakes Stars), 2005
78 Jessi Wiederhoeft, *Fairmont Cardinals (vs. *Northfield/ARTech), 2007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
nu2hockey



Joined: 21 Dec 2013
Posts: 563

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTEWORTHY

Sometimes a noteworthy event occurs that deserves notice .....

The quotes attributed to Worthington goalie Bailey Kruse and her teammate Ashton Fogelman deserve some attention...


http://www.dglobe.com/sports/hockey/4369899-girls-hockey-trojans-get-win-over-fairmont

I think their last win was Jan 2014.....until Tues night

Even the most cynical should be happy for these kids...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
massalsa



Joined: 18 Dec 2013
Posts: 352

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nu2hockey wrote:
NOTEWORTHY

Sometimes a noteworthy event occurs that deserves notice .....

The quotes attributed to Worthington goalie Bailey Kruse and her teammate Ashton Fogelman deserve some attention...


http://www.dglobe.com/sports/hockey/4369899-girls-hockey-trojans-get-win-over-fairmont

I think their last win was Jan 2014.....until Tues night

Even the most cynical should be happy for these kids...


Absolutely! Thanks for this...so easy to get caught up in other things. This is to be celebrated!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNHockeyFan



Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 6468

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nu2hockey wrote:
NOTEWORTHY

Sometimes a noteworthy event occurs that deserves notice .....

The quotes attributed to Worthington goalie Bailey Kruse and her teammate Ashton Fogelman deserve some attention...


http://www.dglobe.com/sports/hockey/4369899-girls-hockey-trojans-get-win-over-fairmont

I think their last win was Jan 2014.....until Tues night

Even the most cynical should be happy for these kids...


BREAKING NEWS
After going nearly THREE YEARS since its last win, Worthington wins it's second straight game - and another shutout at that - with a 4-0 win over Windom!

Way to go Trojans! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nu2hockey



Joined: 21 Dec 2013
Posts: 563

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hockeymaven



Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 56

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing- a great story and congrats to the Worthington team on a second win after snapping the losing streak.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nu2hockey



Joined: 21 Dec 2013
Posts: 563

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT A JOKE

Tonight's game between Henry Sibley and SSP can only be described as a joke...

In a 51 min game, a total of 65 penalty mins


49mins for 14 penalties for Sibley....16 mins for 8 penalties for SSP

Sibley had a 5/10 with game ejection and a 4/10





Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zooomx



Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 257

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nu2hockey wrote:
WHAT A JOKE

Tonight's game between Henry Sibley and SSP can only be described as a joke...

In a 51 min game, a total of 65 penalty mins


49mins for 14 penalties for Sibley....16 mins for 8 penalties for SSP

Sibley had a 5/10 with game ejection and a 4/10


So what's the joke? Coaches/players out of control? Officiating? Not fun to watch?




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
massalsa



Joined: 18 Dec 2013
Posts: 352

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking thru the scores from last night to see who did what and saw this from the 3rd period in the Bloomington Jefferson vs Edina game:

3rd Period
4:56Bloomington Jefferson #9 Celena Rea Interference - Minor (2:00)
7:30Edina #16 Emily Oden Illegal Equipment - Misconduct (10:00)
7:30Edina #12 Loli Fidler Illegal Equipment - Misconduct (10:00)
7:30Edina #18 Hannah Chorske Illegal Equipment - Misconduct (10:00)
12:17Edina #6 Eva Hendrikson Holding - Minor (2:00)

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/game/show/18476199?subseason=420956&referrer=3519982

Most likely no mouthguard? Or something else? Does someone serve time in the box or what happens? Are they just tossed and then it is 5 v 5? Just wondering...thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nu2hockey



Joined: 21 Dec 2013
Posts: 563

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

massalsa wrote:
Just looking thru the scores from last night to see who did what and saw this from the 3rd period in the Bloomington Jefferson vs Edina game:

3rd Period
4:56Bloomington Jefferson #9 Celena Rea Interference - Minor (2:00)
7:30Edina #16 Emily Oden Illegal Equipment - Misconduct (10:00)
7:30Edina #12 Loli Fidler Illegal Equipment - Misconduct (10:00)
7:30Edina #18 Hannah Chorske Illegal Equipment - Misconduct (10:00)
12:17Edina #6 Eva Hendrikson Holding - Minor (2:00)

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/game/show/18476199?subseason=420956&referrer=3519982

Most likely no mouthguard? Or something else? Does someone serve time in the box or what happens? Are they just tossed and then it is 5 v 5? Just wondering...thanks!


Most common "illegal equipment" calls are for holding and/or playing with a broken stick, or having 2 sticks or a skater using a goalie stick , but this seems different
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hockeyguy362



Joined: 21 Dec 2017
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nu2hockey wrote:
massalsa wrote:
Just looking thru the scores from last night to see who did what and saw this from the 3rd period in the Bloomington Jefferson vs Edina game:

3rd Period
4:56Bloomington Jefferson #9 Celena Rea Interference - Minor (2:00)
7:30Edina #16 Emily Oden Illegal Equipment - Misconduct (10:00)
7:30Edina #12 Loli Fidler Illegal Equipment - Misconduct (10:00)
7:30Edina #18 Hannah Chorske Illegal Equipment - Misconduct (10:00)
12:17Edina #6 Eva Hendrikson Holding - Minor (2:00)

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/game/show/18476199?subseason=420956&referrer=3519982

Most likely no mouthguard? Or something else? Does someone serve time in the box or what happens? Are they just tossed and then it is 5 v 5? Just wondering...thanks!


Most common "illegal equipment" calls are for holding and/or playing with a broken stick, or having 2 sticks or a skater using a goalie stick , but this seems different


They had jeweler on, and the Bloomington coach pointed it out to the ref. MSHSL rules prohibit any earrings, necklaces, etc..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Girls High School Hockey All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Forum Rules/Reporting Offensive Posts (Updated 3/16/05)

National HS Hockey Rankings

State by State HS Hockey Profiles

USHighSchoolHockey.com

MidgetAAAHockey.com

Statewide High School Hockey Links (By State)

High School Hockey Team Links (By State)

Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by team) Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by date)

Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (USHSHO) Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (MinnHock)

Nationwide HS Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey National Rankings

NCAA D1 Men's Hockey Rankings

New England Prep School Hockey Rankings

Prep School Hockey Links

Friends of USHSHO and the Forums:

MinnHock

WisconsinPrepHockey.Net

Sponsored Links:

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group