YHH HS Hockey Podcast, 12/20/17

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

YHH HS Hockey Podcast, 12/20/17

Post by karl(east) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:33 pm

Given our holiday travel last weekend and Christmas this coming weekend, we're doing one show recapping the past ten days and previewing the next ten. In addition to the usual rundown of games, we've got a segment on interesting storylines (Marshall-Hermantown OT timekeeping, the SPA-Luverne game disappearance, player absences explained), an overview of QRF and other computerized ranking systems and what they tell us, and a segment where we buy or sell the stock of various teams.

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_arti ... _id=967184

ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:45 am

I figured Koumontzis was out for Edina against Cretin due to the bad injury he suffered in the third period of the Eden Prairie game. Looked like some sort of upper body deal at the game, as he had to be helped to the locker room from the bench. Perhaps it was retaliation for the five-minute major he took in the first period for contact to the head.

Would like to see a healthy Edina team against Minnetonka, since we are looking at a potential 1 vs. 2 matchup after Christmas. I'm not getting on the Edina hype train until they beat a top five team first. Being that they gave up seven goals to Elk River, the Hornets got exposed as being vulnerable and aren't the "Soviet machine" once thought as.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy

SquirtC'00

Post by SquirtC'00 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:27 pm

I think that I buy the hype that they are the #1 team in the state but they are a team that like you say has several holes and letting 7 in against a Elk team is troubling.

I do think if I was an Edina fan I would be more nervous about a shot blocking Wayzata team that can keep them off the board and find some puck luck. Low scoring games has a way of equalizing most teams.

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:44 pm

SquirtC'00 wrote:I think that I buy the hype that they are the #1 team in the state but they are a team that like you say has several holes and letting 7 in against a Elk team is troubling.

I do think if I was an Edina fan I would be more nervous about a shot blocking Wayzata team that can keep them off the board and find some puck luck. Low scoring games has a way of equalizing most teams.
Its a long seasonl, but after seeing Edina play ER & ER play Cent & Cent play DE & Edina put EP on running time, when 100% healthy Edina is clearly the best team (so far). Wayzata could be a thorn, but in relative terms, this Edina team is my much more experienced than last years team. DE is more experienced & deeper too, Tonka & Edina should be a great game next week. And especially relative to their competition in 5AA...this years Cent team is better than the Cent teams were (both) last year & the year before.

SquirtC'00

Post by SquirtC'00 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:13 pm

hockey59 wrote:
SquirtC'00 wrote:I think that I buy the hype that they are the #1 team in the state but they are a team that like you say has several holes and letting 7 in against a Elk team is troubling.

Its a long seasonl, but after seeing Edina play ER & ER play Cent & Cent play DE & Edina put EP on running time, when 100% healthy Edina is clearly the best team (so far). Wayzata could be a thorn, but in relative terms, this Edina team is my much more experienced than last years team. DE is more experienced & deeper too, Tonka & Edina should be a great game next week. And especially relative to their competition in 5AA...this years Cent team is better than the Cent teams were (both) last year & the year before.
I am not comfortable buying any of the 5AA teams right now and I may never be that comfortable the whole season. That being said this may be the year that Tony's Cougs come through for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:13 am

5AA is the new 1AA....heck, even Austin won an AA state tournament game.
5AA is 1-16 since 2010.....1AA was better than that and never had that bad a run.

Shhhh, Karl will never equate the two though.