HAPPY"S RANKINGS - 1/10

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HappyHockeyFan

HAPPY"S RANKINGS - 1/10

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

1- Edina
2- Minnetonka
3- St Thomas Academy
4- Holy Family
5- Duluth East

6- Moorhead
7- White Bear Lake
8- Cretin-DH
9- Centennial
10- Duluth Marshall

11- Eden Prairie
12- Wayzata
13- Andover
14- Blaine
15- Brainerd

16- Cloquet-Esko
17- Blake
18- Elk River
19- Rosemount
20- Hill-Murray
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

Why did you drop Rosemount from 18 to 19? All they do is win. I think #5 is a more reasonable place for the Irish.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Traxler wrote:Why did you drop Rosemount from 18 to 19? All they do is win. I think #5 is a more reasonable place for the Irish.
I'm sure with one more win they will make the top 5! :lol:
formersection3Afan

Post by formersection3Afan »

Happy rankings are great. I excitedly await them to come out every week !
Rosemount maybe a top 12 team, why does the coach have the interim tag still? Time to put some gold on those jewels.
Missing from Happy's is Rochester Century, they should go undefeated here out. #skol
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

formersection3Afan wrote:Happy rankings are great. I excitedly await them to come out every week !
Rosemount maybe a top 12 team, why does the coach have the interim tag still? Time to put some gold on those jewels.
Missing from Happy's is Rochester Century, they should go undefeated here out. #skol
Thanks man, I'm really feeling the love! :lol:
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

formersection3Afan wrote:Happy rankings are great. I excitedly await them to come out every week !
Rosemount should be top 5 team. Just look at their huge wins in the last 7 games - over Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, Greenway, Hibbing, Virginia and Shakopee.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

So its pretty clear not everybody agrees with my rankings, I get that, however I don't get how some feel the need to be complete ******** about it. I especially love the fact that its not the top 5 or top 10 that they are concerned about but instead a team that I have ranked #19, wow, get a life. How about try putting your own rankings out there and taking some criticism when it doesn't look like every other ranking out there instead of just driving by with your ******** remarks. I am happy to have a discussion about why I ranked a team in a certain spot but can't we keep it respectful, or is that too much to ask for on social media?
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:So its pretty clear not everybody agrees with my rankings, I get that, however I don't get how some feel the need to be complete ******** about it. I especially love the fact that its not the top 5 or top 10 that they are concerned about but instead a team that I have ranked #19, wow, get a life. How about try putting your own rankings out there and taking some criticism when it doesn't look like every other ranking out there instead of just driving by with your ******** remarks. I am happy to have a discussion about why I ranked a team in a certain spot but can't we keep it respectful, or is that too much to ask for on social media?
Hear, hear, Happy! While I may not agree with the exact logic behind his rankings, there's nothing wrong with a good civil debate. That's the fun with these boards. Keep 'em coming.

Also, I do believe that Mnhockeys' reply was sarcastic in nature :)
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

Moorhead 6th?? Curious what they have done to deserve that ranking? Preseason hype aside, so far they have been far from the team people thought would bring Moorhead their first state title.
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
elliott70

Re: HAPPY"S RANKINGS - 1/10

Post by elliott70 »

My rankings - off the cuff..
1- Edina
2- Duluth East
3- Minnetonka
4- St Thomas Academy
5- Holy Family

6- Moorhead
7- White Bear Lake
8- Cretin-DH
9- Elk River
10- Brainerd

11- Centennial
12- Rosemount
13- St Cloud
14- Andover
15- Cloquet

16- Lakeville North
17- Duluth Marshall
18- Eden Prairie
19- Wayzata
20- Bemidji
SquirtC'00

Post by SquirtC'00 »

Hap-

Just curious because I think this could answer some questions we all have, which teams have you been able to see in person yet this year?
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:So its pretty clear not everybody agrees with my rankings, I get that, however I don't get how some feel the need to be complete ******** about it. I especially love the fact that its not the top 5 or top 10 that they are concerned about but instead a team that I have ranked #19, wow, get a life. How about try putting your own rankings out there and taking some criticism when it doesn't look like every other ranking out there instead of just driving by with your ******** remarks. I am happy to have a discussion about why I ranked a team in a certain spot but can't we keep it respectful, or is that too much to ask for on social media?
I am sorry if my question about Rosemount offended you. However, you didn’t answer my question. Why did they drop a spot? Maybe the answer is that your rankings are purely calculated based on a formula and the formula didn’t benefit them as much as other teams near them in the rankings. Maybe it’s because when you saw them play you realized they just aren’t as good as the teams above them in the rankings.

Why post rankings if you don’t want to answer a question about why someone moved in your rankings?
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Traxler wrote:
I am sorry if my question about Rosemount offended you. However, you didn’t answer my question. Why did they drop a spot? Maybe the answer is that your rankings are purely calculated based on a formula and the formula didn’t benefit them as much as other teams near them in the rankings. Maybe it’s because when you saw them play you realized they just aren’t as good as the teams above them in the rankings.

Why post rankings if you don’t want to answer a question about why someone moved in your rankings?
Fair enough, my rankings are solely based on a formula that I have created, so yes they dropped purely because the formula didn't benefit them as much as maybe a couple of other teams this week. I have seen Rosemount play twice this year and feel that my formula has them correctly ranked based on other teams I have seen this year that are ranked similarly.
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

Hap***H***Fan isn't happy today ... fewer questions if any ranking is based on W/L, head-to-head, games against ranked teams, GA/GF, schedule strength and etc.. SO Rosemount is set at #19 then.

Elliot's ranking looks pretty good.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

SquirtC'00 wrote:Hap-

Just curious because I think this could answer some questions we all have, which teams have you been able to see in person yet this year?
I have seen STA, Edina, Holy Family, White Bear Lake, Moorhead, Elk River,
Eastview, Hill-Murray, BSM, Stillwater, Chaska, Prior Lake, Eagan and Rosemount. Planning to see Cloquet and Eden Prairie tomorrow night. But my rankings are not based on what I have seen, results only.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Green and White Fan wrote:Moorhead 6th?? Curious what they have done to deserve that ranking? Preseason hype aside, so far they have been far from the team people thought would bring Moorhead their first state title.
Basically its where my formula puts them, points they have earned in my formula compared to points the other teams have earned. I would point out to a few key wins over ranked teams, Brainerd, East Grand Forks and STMA and regulation ties against Cloquet-Esko and Wayzata, also ranked teams.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

elliott70 wrote:My rankings - off the cuff..
1- Edina
2- Duluth East
3- Minnetonka
4- St Thomas Academy
5- Holy Family

6- Moorhead
7- White Bear Lake
8- Cretin-DH
9- Elk River
10- Brainerd

11- Centennial
12- Rosemount
13- St Cloud
14- Andover
15- Cloquet

16- Lakeville North
17- Duluth Marshall
18- Eden Prairie
19- Wayzata
20- Bemidji
Wow I got crap for Rosemount at 19 and you have them at 12? Watch out for the rock throwers!! LOL
duluth dave

Post by duluth dave »

East 5th minnetonka 2 what are ya smokin
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

duluth dave wrote:East 5th minnetonka 2 what are ya smokin
Some good Cuban cigars of course! :lol: One win does not make a season, even though DE beat Minnetonka my formula shows that Minnetonka's overall body of work is stronger. Even though there is 3 spots between them in the rankings they are actually pretty close. Still time for DE to overtake Minnetonka before seasons end.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

These are way better than QRF
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

elliott70 wrote:My rankings - off the cuff..
1- Edina
2- Duluth East
3- Minnetonka
4- St Thomas Academy
5- Holy Family

6- Moorhead
7- White Bear Lake
8- Cretin-DH
9- Elk River
10- Brainerd

11- Centennial
12- Rosemount
13- St Cloud
14- Andover
15- Cloquet

16- Lakeville North
17- Duluth Marshall
18- Eden Prairie
19- Wayzata
20- Bemidji
Finally a ranking without 3 win Blaine in there , and 5 win EP (0-2 against the SSC) nearly out. :D
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

WestMetro wrote:These are way better than QRF
What would it take to get them sanctioned by the MSHSL and have them replace QRF as the official seeding tool for 7AA?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Send Karl,Lee, Elliott and Happy to meet with MSHSL on behalf of all of us forum members. That should do it!
kniven

Post by kniven »

WestMetro wrote:Send Karl,Lee, Elliott and Happy to meet with MSHSL on behalf of all of us forum members. That should do it!
LN,EP, Wayzata belong ahead Cloquet. Duluth East and Hermantown and Rapids the only schools in Duluth /Iron Range to compete with the metro big boys. First time all season I truly witnessed CEC playing Lumberjack hockey was against Duluth Marshall. Time is running out to get some consistency. Lots of tough games left in the season. Let’s see some consistency before cloquet ends up the 6th seed. Almost 100% healthy(non injury). Kade Bender still out awhile (maybe for duration of season).
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Kniven

I’ll be at Ep to see the boys Friday night !