2017-18 KRACH RANK - MGHCA WEBSITE - 2/25 FINAL (8957)

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:40 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:
ghshockeyfan wrote: Sounds like centennial pulled off the win 3 to 2 after jumping out 2 to 0 with a late 3rd period goal but outshot 2 to 1 by Edina.
Must have been a real barn-burner. Given the shot differential I'm not sure which team I would favor in a re-match! The win does, however, definitely solidifies Centennial's No. 1 KRACH ranking.
It'll be interesting to see what happens in the rankings, especially LPH, for the reasons you mentioned. Must have been a great game.

Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:12 pm

ghshockeyfan wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:
ghshockeyfan wrote: Sounds like centennial pulled off the win 3 to 2 after jumping out 2 to 0 with a late 3rd period goal but outshot 2 to 1 by Edina.
Must have been a real barn-burner. Given the shot differential I'm not sure which team I would favor in a re-match! The win does, however, definitely solidifies Centennial's No. 1 KRACH ranking.
It'll be interesting to see what happens in the rankings, especially LPH, for the reasons you mentioned. Must have been a great game.
I was in attendance. It was a phenominal game. Centennial got the early lead with a goal at 12 seconds (Hughes wrist shot), then got another early in the 2nd with a nice cross-ice feed from Linser to Hughes who was crashing the net. Edina got on the board mid-2nd period with a nice two on one, give and go, Chorske from Oden. Edina then got the equalizer mid-3rd period on the power play. Centennial once again crashed the net with about 3 minutes to go and slammed home the open rebound.

I’d say the game was even until mid-3rd period when Edina pressed hard. Centennial held them off just enough. Edina pulled their goalie but Centennial pressed back and didn’t give them much.

Many of Centennial’s shots through 2 periods got deflected, blocked, or were wide. Edina had more than a handful from longer range that were easily tracked by Centennial’s goalie. However, Edina’s shot assault in the 3rd period took place from when they scored the equalizer until Centennial’s defense was able to make a nice pass up ice to Pitlick who turned the corner and crashed the net for Almich’s rebound goal.

The game was fairly even, but Centennial won the battle, they deserve credit and won fair and square. Great game - both teams worked hard as hell.

ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:08 am

Lace'emUp wrote:
ghshockeyfan wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:
I was in attendance. It was a phenominal game. Centennial got the early lead with a goal at 12 seconds (Hughes wrist shot), then got another early in the 2nd with a nice cross-ice feed from Linser to Hughes who was crashing the net. Edina got on the board mid-2nd period with a nice two on one, give and go, Chorske from Oden. Edina then got the equalizer mid-3rd period on the power play. Centennial once again crashed the net with about 3 minutes to go and slammed home the open rebound.

I’d say the game was even until mid-3rd period when Edina pressed hard. Centennial held them off just enough. Edina pulled their goalie but Centennial pressed back and didn’t give them much.

Many of Centennial’s shots through 2 periods got deflected, blocked, or were wide. Edina had more than a handful from longer range that were easily tracked by Centennial’s goalie. However, Edina’s shot assault in the 3rd period took place from when they scored the equalizer until Centennial’s defense was able to make a nice pass up ice to Pitlick who turned the corner and crashed the net for Almich’s rebound goal.

The game was fairly even, but Centennial won the battle, they deserve credit and won fair and square. Great game - both teams worked hard as hell.
Sounds like a great game! Always helps to get a firsthand view of what happened instead of just reading the boxscore. I hope we'll see these two teams play again at state in Feb.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:05 am

Interesting that there are no Class A teams in the Overall Top 15, but obviously that wouldn't be the case had Blake not moved up.

itsfoilcoach

Post by itsfoilcoach » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:09 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:Interesting that there are no Class A teams in the Overall Top 15, but obviously that wouldn't be the case had Blake not moved up.
Intresting, not really. But wait a week. Some class A teams have beat many of them on the top 15 this year. But I would assume as the year progress (in a week or so) they’ll be a few cracking the top 15. They’ve been climbing steadily these pass few rating sweeps.

ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:57 pm

itsfoilcoach wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:Interesting that there are no Class A teams in the Overall Top 15, but obviously that wouldn't be the case had Blake not moved up.
Intresting, not really. But wait a week. Some class A teams have beat many of them on the top 15 this year. But I would assume as the year progress (in a week or so) they’ll be a few cracking the top 15. They’ve been climbing steadily these pass few rating sweeps.
I would agree with both statements. It's been a lower ranked year to-date for Class A with Blake up now in AA - but the A's have been climbing the past few weeks as mentioned. I assume this is due to more cross-over non-conf play during the holiday tourneys. It'll be interesting to see how it all ends up. Not that these computer rankings much matter anyway, but it has been one of the more interesting years to watch how the daily results impact ratings - and that is why I have been posting almost daily again. I expect the frequency of posting will decrease up until the section seeding timeframe.

nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:30 pm

ghshockeyfan wrote:
itsfoilcoach wrote:
I would agree with both statements. It's been a lower ranked year to-date for Class A with Blake up now in AA - but the A's have been climbing the past few weeks as mentioned. I assume this is due to more cross-over non-conf play during the holiday tourneys. It'll be interesting to see how it all ends up. Not that these computer rankings much matter anyway, but it has been one of the more interesting years to watch how the daily results impact ratings - and that is why I have been posting almost daily again. I expect the frequency of posting will decrease up until the section seeding timeframe.

I don't know about that. Looking at who remains on the schedule for the possible A teams..Breck may be the only one with a chance...They have Blake and Wayzata in their last 9 games, a win in one or both would help, but their other 7 games won't.

Warroad has a SOS (now) of 55 and TRF has a SOS(now) of 91....Roseau is a common opponent for those two going forward as well as playing each other. Maybe if one of the two were to win out, they could move up, probably Warroad but that is a big if.

ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:13 pm

nu2hockey wrote:
ghshockeyfan wrote:
itsfoilcoach wrote:

I don't know about that. Looking at who remains on the schedule for the possible A teams..Breck may be the only one with a chance...They have Blake and Wayzata in their last 9 games, a win in one or both would help, but their other 7 games won't.

Warroad has a SOS (now) of 55 and TRF has a SOS(now) of 91....Roseau is a common opponent for those two going forward as well as playing each other. Maybe if one of the two were to win out, they could move up, probably Warroad but that is a big if.
I stand corrected! Looks like you were right and more A teams have dropped out of the top overall.

ghshockeyfan

Re: 1/20 (6711)

Post by ghshockeyfan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:19 pm

I posted this tonight as it will be interesting tomorrow to see how, or if, it changes much this deep in the year with some interesting "upsets" tonight depending on how you define an "upset" based on LPH or any of the computer rankings like KRACH, etc.

ghshockeyfan

2/8 End Of Reg Season

Post by ghshockeyfan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:14 am

Last edited by ghshockeyfan on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.