7AA for 2017-2018

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Traxler

Post by Traxler » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Edinahopkins wrote:They move the section finals to St. Cloud east loses to elk river at
Least 3 times the city teams would have there fans and finally be a real advantage when they had the one seed you think east fans travel doubtful
I feel for elk river and Andover. If the state would not let east or any teams
Practice at all I wouldn't care but they do and it makes a difference I played there it's different ice and boards are different, east sets plays to use the boards it's dumb big advantage.
I don't understand your poetry.

Schotzy

Post by Schotzy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:10 pm

TheHockeyDJ wrote:So now that it has been established as an undeniable fact that Amsoil Arena is awesome and so is Duluth, let's get back to the games.

I'm thinking Duluth Marshall and East are gonna play a crazy 6-6 type game and someone wins it in the first OT. I'll take Marshall and Stauber with the GWG.

Elks vs Andover could honestly be a repeat of offensive outburst. The Elks sniping that heralded FL goalie and chasing him off the ice makes me think Elky is gonna get it done. 7-4 Elks.
Good point. Thank you.

I will take Marshall over East 5-3 with an EN. Marshall is practicing at Amsoil to you know. :lol:

Andover over Elks 3-2 in OT

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:13 pm

TheHockeyDJ wrote:So now that it has been established as an undeniable fact that Amsoil Arena is awesome and so is Duluth, let's get back to the games.

I'm thinking Duluth Marshall and East are gonna play a crazy 6-6 type game and someone wins it in the first OT. I'll take Marshall and Stauber with the GWG.

Elks vs Andover could honestly be a repeat of offensive outburst. The Elks sniping that heralded FL goalie and chasing him off the ice makes me think Elky is gonna get it done. 7-4 Elks.
I’ll go DE 5 DM 3 (with an empty net goal) & Andover 4 ER 3 (in OT) the curse continues 😉

TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:31 pm

hockey59 wrote:

I’ll go DE 5 DM 3 (with an empty net goal) & Andover 4 ER 3 (in OT) the curse continues 😉
And for acloseshavers sake we'll say that Elk River will be up 3-0 with 10 min left in the game. :lol:
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine

Traxler

Post by Traxler » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:37 pm

DE 5 - DM 1
AND 3 - ER 1

norcon

Post by norcon » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:28 pm

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
norcon wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:
Edinahopkins wrote:Does anyone go to the Amsoil semis and finals it's a joke there is nobody there unless it's an all northern final , at least play the semis at the high seed because the atmosphere is dead especially when Rapids and cloquet get knocked out. As far as single A those games were amazing played at the ira great atmosphere the amsoil killed it. The IRA holds 2000 2400 max
The amsoil does not get that for the A no way no how for a single game.
Terribly inaccurate. The atmosphere at least for the AA semi-finals was awesome last year. Elk River brought a lot of fans for the early game against Rapids, the arena was about 75% full, lots of fans in the upper level. I think last year for the first year that Semifinal Saturday really caught on with fans in terms of making it a full day event like at state where you can watch 4 games in the same day. Great video of the atmosphere for the GR/ER game last year (sorry acloseshaver) https://youtu.be/A9cOKoiPLAI?t=5m10s

At the end of the day, the contract is with Amsoil Arena and it is staying there.
What have you been smoking? I’ve been in attendance at every section semifinal that’s been held at Amsoil. It’s typically a snoozefest and as far as last year, it was maybe half full...look at the YouTube video you posted. It’s a great venue no doubt but the atmosphere is only good on final night. I’m also in total agreement with others that it is not fair for the Duluth teams to be playing at home every year. Bemidji or St. Cloud would be good neutral sites.
It was electric last year for both AA games. I wasn't at the A games, but Amsoil Arena is the 2nd best hockey arena in the state end of discussion. Bemidji has a great rink, St. Cloud is okay. But as was stated by other users many times, the city of Duluth is far greater than Bemidji or St. Cloud. Compared to Duluth those two cities are so boring it makes death something to look forward to. And Amsoil is a neutral site. There isn't a greyhound logo at center ice.
The Rapids fan base is always electric, especially when playing East. Who cares what amenities the city has to offer. People are there to support their team and watch the games. I’m pretty sure the majority could care less about anything other than the games.

kniven

Post by kniven » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:33 pm

norcon wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:
norcon wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:
Edinahopkins wrote:Does anyone go to the Amsoil semis and finals it's a joke there is nobody there unless it's an all northern final , at least play the semis at the high seed because the atmosphere is dead especially when Rapids and cloquet get knocked out. As far as single A those games were amazing played at the ira great atmosphere the amsoil killed it. The IRA holds 2000 2400 max
Terribly inaccurate. The atmosphere at least for the AA semi-finals was awesome last year. Elk River brought a lot of fans for the early game against Rapids, the arena was about 75% full, lots of fans in the upper level. I think last year for the first year that Semifinal Saturday really caught on with fans in terms of making it a full day event like at state where you can watch 4 games in the same day. Great video of the atmosphere for the GR/ER game last year (sorry acloseshaver) https://youtu.be/A9cOKoiPLAI?t=5m10s

At the end of the day, the contract is with Amsoil Arena and it is staying there.
What have you been smoking? I’ve been in attendance at every section semifinal that’s been held at Amsoil. It’s typically a snoozefest and as far as last year, it was maybe half full...look at the YouTube video you posted. It’s a great venue no doubt but the atmosphere is only good on final night. I’m also in total agreement with others that it is not fair for the Duluth teams to be playing at home every year. Bemidji or St. Cloud would be good neutral sites.
It was electric last year for both AA games. I wasn't at the A games, but Amsoil Arena is the 2nd best hockey arena in the state end of discussion. Bemidji has a great rink, St. Cloud is okay. But as was stated by other users many times, the city of Duluth is far greater than Bemidji or St. Cloud. Compared to Duluth those two cities are so boring it makes death something to look forward to. And Amsoil is a neutral site. There isn't a greyhound logo at center ice.
The Rapids fan base is always electric, especially when playing East. Who cares what amenities the city has to offer. People are there to support their team and watch the games. I’m pretty sure the majority could care less about anything other than the games.
Agreed. Drive. Park. Hockey game. Go home

TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:49 pm

kniven wrote:
norcon wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:
norcon wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:

You guys are BOOOORRRRIIINNNGGGG!!!

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:28 pm

Traxler wrote:DE 5 - DM 1
AND 3 - ER 1
DE 5 - DM 2
ER 4 - And 3

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:21 am

kniven wrote:
norcon wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:
norcon wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:

Must admit I sure like the pre-gaming and post gaming over at the Grandma's sports garden.

green4

Post by green4 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:10 am

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
kniven wrote:
norcon wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:
norcon wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:

I find your constant concern for other peoples social life a bit tiresome and boring too. To each their own.

TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:30 am

green4 wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:
kniven wrote:
norcon wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:
norcon wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:

I find your constant concern for other peoples social life a bit tiresome and boring too. To each their own.
It’s friendly banter. Though I think you meant “lack of” social life. I live in a world of goldfish

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:16 pm

TheHockeyDJ wrote:It’s friendly banter. Though I think you meant “lack of” social life. I live in a world of goldfish
Where is Goldfishdude anyway?

GPGT

Post by GPGT » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Will either of these games be live streamed? East/Marshall specifically

Schotzy

Post by Schotzy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:16 pm

GPGT wrote:Will either of these games be live streamed? East/Marshall specifically
http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36334

alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Congrats to East on the section championship...

kniven

Post by kniven » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:43 pm

alcloseshaver wrote:Congrats to East on the section championship...
You are probably right. Andover ahead of schedule by a year and East had this year circled. It would be nice to see a competitive game though.

Duluthguy

Post by Duluthguy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:31 am

Highlights from last night:

East/Marshall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKznt9bEKY

Elk River/Andover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9r8nHfKo3M

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:36 am

The other teams in the state must be shaking in their boots. DE running roughshod over the toughest section in the state. :roll:

kniven

Post by kniven » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:53 am

BodyShots wrote:The other teams in the state must be shaking in their boots. DE running roughshod over the toughest section in the state. :roll:
You got that right! Throttled Rapids and embarrassed Duluth Marshall. Let’s see how Andover works it. A ton of respect for Coach Manney and his boys.