GREENWAY AT HERMANTOWN

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Hermnatown
15%
Hermantown but want the Raiders
50%
Greenway
35%
Dont care
No votes

Total votes: 34

elliott70

GREENWAY AT HERMANTOWN

Post by elliott70 »

Who wins?
Who do you want to win?

The most exciting section 7A final in a long time.
kniven

Re: GREENWAY AT HERMANTOWN

Post by kniven »

elliott70 wrote:Who wins?
Who do you want to win?

The most exciting section 7A final in a long time.
This is like putting up a poll asking if it’s warmer outside at 95 degrees or 50 below zero.
Thunderstruck

Post by Thunderstruck »

Regular season Greenway lost 4-2 to the Hawks. I believe it will be a better game than some think. Greenway has to stay out of the box to do this tho
kniven

Post by kniven »

Thunderstruck wrote:Regular season Greenway lost 4-2 to the Hawks. I believe it will be a better game than some think. Greenway has to stay out of the box to do this tho
Greenway will have to score more goals than Hermantown to win this game.
duluth dave

Post by duluth dave »

And the winner shall be winner and the loser will be the loser. Kniven..
kniven

Post by kniven »

duluth dave wrote:And the winner shall be winner and the loser will be the loser. Kniven..
Agreed. It will be tough to win and score less goals.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

You just can't find deep insight into games like this any place else. :lol:
kniven

Post by kniven »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:You just can't find deep insight into games like this any place else. :lol:
That’s why they pay me the big bucks!!!
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

Something like 98% of the teams that score the least goals lose, so it is important to score the most.
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
kniven

Post by kniven »

Green and White Fan wrote:Something like 98% of the teams that score the least goals lose, so it is important to score the most.
You know, that is some great insight!🤔
Goose21

Post by Goose21 »

kniven wrote:
Green and White Fan wrote:Something like 98% of the teams that score the least goals lose, so it is important to score the most.
73.6% of all statistics are made up.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck
Goose21

Post by Goose21 »

kniven wrote:
73.6% of all statistics are made up.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck
kniven

Post by kniven »

I’m pulling for Greenway in a big way in this one. “Do you believe in miracles?” I do! Cause Hermantown is stacked and lined up for another 10 year run in Class A state tournament championship games.
northwoods oldtimer

kniven wrote:I’m pulling for Greenway in a big way in this one. “Do you believe in miracles?” I do! Cause Hermantown is stacked and lined up for another 10 year run in Class A state tournament championship games.
Pulling for the big Green as well.
Pull the ol' upset special.
come on Greenway!
Chalk_Talk

Post by Chalk_Talk »

any video of this game?

radio?
northwoods oldtimer

Chalk_Talk wrote:any video of this game?

radio?

Section 7 Playoffs: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/wdio/
pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
kniven wrote:I’m pulling for Greenway in a big way in this one. “Do you believe in miracles?” I do! Cause Hermantown is stacked and lined up for another 10 year run in Class A state tournament championship games.
come on Greenway!
To me this game is a toss up. Greenway is only an underdog in this match-up, solely based off of past results from previous seasons.

3 keys to Greenway winnning this game:

1. Fast start in the 1st period. (A sluggish 1st period like they had in the semis will not result in a 1 goal deficit against the Hawks.)
2. Minimize the odd man rushes against. (They cannot give up 2-1s and 1-Os, especially if #18 is involved.)
3. Get pucks on the goalie and crash the net. (The Hawk goalie is big and has poor puck control.)
Hunt|Fish|Hockey
barnorthhockeyguy

Greenway vs. Hermantown

Post by barnorthhockeyguy »

Wdio in duluth is televising game. It also will be streamed as the semi finals were. But in duluth market. Will be on the air for free. If you stream you have to pay 10 bucks !
Wet Paint

Post by Wet Paint »

pipersniper12 wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote:
come on Greenway!
To me this game is a toss up. Greenway is only an underdog in this match-up, solely based off of past results from previous seasons.

1. Fast start in the 1st period. (A sluggish 1st period like they had in the semis will not result in a 1 goal deficit against the Hawks.)
2. Minimize the odd man rushes against. (They cannot give up 2-1s and 1-Os, especially if #18 is involved.)
3. Get pucks on the goalie and crash the net. (The Hawk goalie is big and has poor puck control.)
You missed a 4th key for them to win the game. Hermantown's bus has to break down so they don't make it to the game.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Wet Paint wrote:
pipersniper12 wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote: Pulling for the big Green as well.
come on Greenway!

You missed a 4th key for them to win the game. Hermantown's bus has to break down so they don't make it to the game.
Excellent point. There is no way in earth Greenway beats Hermantown in this game. I would bet my house, my job, my car, and .....well you get the point. Heck. It might just as well be Duluth East there going up against. East would have a chance if they followed your 3 steps...not Greenway. I respect the heck out of Greenway, but Hermantown is in a totally different class.
pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 »

kniven wrote:
Wet Paint wrote:
pipersniper12 wrote: To me this game is a toss up. Greenway is only an underdog in this match-up, solely based off of past results from previous seasons.

Excellent point. There is no way in earth Greenway beats Hermantown in this game. I would bet my house, my job, my car, and .....well you get the point. Heck. It might just as well be Duluth East there going up against. East would have a chance if they followed your 3 steps...not Greenway. I respect the heck out of Greenway, but Hermantown is in a totally different class.
I will be betting big $$$ on Hermantown in this one. Then at least the outcome is a win/win. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt|Fish|Hockey
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

Greenway up 2-1, really hoping they hang on.
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

TheNightman wrote:Greenway up 2-1, really hoping they hang on.
If Kniven were a betting man, he might be a bit worried right now. :lol:
duluth dave

Post by duluth dave »

3 to 3 4 minutes left
duluth dave

Post by duluth dave »

4 to 3 hermantown 118 to go penalty on hermantown.