Top 20 High School Hockey Programs in Minnesota (video)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

JerseyDave

Top 20 High School Hockey Programs in Minnesota (video)

Post by JerseyDave »

Random ranking by some dude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klI3R815X7I
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Probably the Culturama guy. I saw a video a couple days ago. He did a good job with this. Next year I'm sure we'll see Gentry! LOL

Seriously, this is very good. He also did a very good job on the top Prep schools in the U.S.
Be kind. Rewind.
sparty

Post by sparty »

No Jefferson. The list is worthless.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

sparty wrote:No Jefferson. The list is worthless.
Sorry, he's right that Jefferson hasn't done enough in the past 20 years to merit inclusion. His list, he gets to set the criteria.
Be kind. Rewind.
7TIMECHAMPS

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS »

I know it is just for fun but some pretty questionable choices here. For example as a Roseau person I can't see how Warroad is #5 and Roseau #16? And Roseau's notable alumni are Paul Broten and Aaron Ness? If you're going to pick a Broten how is it not Neal? Just for fun but guy isn't very well informed in my opinion.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

7TIMECHAMPS wrote:I know it is just for fun but some pretty questionable choices here. For example as a Roseau person I can't see how Warroad is #5 and Roseau #16? And Roseau's notable alumni are Paul Broten and Aaron Ness? If you're going to pick a Broten how is it not Neal? Just for fun but guy isn't very well informed in my opinion.
Seemed like he treated A and AA as equal. Not sure how many people view them as equal. I do not.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Who is Jefferson?
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Who is Jefferson?
President of the Confederacy during the Civil War? 😳 💰 🇺🇸
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Traxler wrote:Seemed like he treated A and AA as equal. Not sure how many people view them as equal. I do not.
He did. He said he was ranking both A and AA teams and when he went through the list it was clear he gave A teams way more credit than you or I would.

If you look at it from a total outsider's perspective it makes sense. Someone from Utah that knows nothing about Minnesota HS hockey will see Breck, Warroad, and Hermantown on his list because they went to state a lot more than a solid AA program over the same period like Burnsville or Wayzata. You probably have to be inside the state to appreciate how strong Burnsville has been with players like Tyler Sheehy and Brock Boeser.

His target audience seems to be all of North America.
Be kind. Rewind.