Walk up tournament tickets

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WarmUpTheBus

Walk up tournament tickets

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

I know they sell tickets at the ticket window on the day of the games. Does anyone know how long the wait is for the line? I know Thursday, is the lightest demand and Friday the heaviest.
LASERBLUE135

Re: Walk up tournament tickets

Post by LASERBLUE135 »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:I know they sell tickets at the ticket window on the day of the games. Does anyone know how long the wait is for the line? I know Thursday, is the lightest demand and Friday the heaviest.
This year, I would guess Thursday will be easy walk up. Friday could sell out FAST depending on if all the favorites win. If all the favorites win I expect HUGE demand this year. I have attempted to buy and the window and been turned away for sellout before.
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

If the top four move onto Friday, the Friday ticket will be tough to get. You’ll probably need to be in line 3-4 hours before the first game starts. Basically, the hockey version of Black Friday.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Schools are allotted tickets based on enrollment, so St. Thomas won’t get as many tickets allotted as Minnetonka. The unused and unsold tickets are the ones they sell at the box office. Minnetonka is the second biggest school, Edina is the fifth, it isn’t at all unusual to have a couple of the biggest schools there as Wayzata, Eden Prairie, and Blaine round out the top 5.

Duluth East and St. Thomas making the semifinals would, probably, mean more tickets for sale to the general public than there would be if Centennial and/or STMA make it. Demand is another issue, but the smaller the school advancing, the more tickets will be available.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

How difficult is it to get a ticket for Thursday games? Do I have a reasonable chance of getting a ticket if I show up?
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

I've never had a problem getting a Thursday ticket or Saturday ticket.