Tonka's Bobby Brink getting some accolades after state

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

JerseyDave

Tonka's Bobby Brink getting some accolades after state

Post by JerseyDave » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Brink wins prep athlete of the week (Star-Tribune):
http://www.startribune.com/prep-athlete ... 476616023/

Brink is listed with some older prospects to watch:
http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/artic ... aa-madness

Loved it when the crowd chanted "Bobby' at the X after one of his goals.

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:04 pm

What else for a kid whose middle name is Orr.

JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:32 pm

WarmUpTheBus wrote:What else for a kid whose middle name is Orr.
He seems to have the midas touch. He hit a hole-in-one in a junior golf tournament championship at age 10 or 11, was good enough in lacrosse to play at any college program, and has already won a MN state hockey title as a soph. A wizard with the stick, whether it be golf, lacrosse or hockey.

Earlier in the season, it cracked me up reading the player bios on the Minetonka hockey site, where several Skippers cited "Bobby Brink" as their favorite celebrity, but now I see why.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:37 pm

Word is he will be in the USHL next year.

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:46 am

Not completely unexpected if true, but you would think he could wait for his Sr. year to make this move. They have a good chance to compete next season for a repeat especially with what's in the pipeline to replace their Seniors.

On top of that have to wonder why he isn't following his dad to campus in Minneapolis. Is Andy another alum unhappy with tDon?

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:56 am

I could see Ann Arbor or follow Clay Hanus to the CHL. My guess he’s back at Tonka.

Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Slap Shot wrote:On top of that have to wonder why he isn't following his dad to campus in Minneapolis. Is Andy another alum unhappy with tDon?
Or Bobby just wants the chance to compete for a national championship out here at Denver, rather than wallowing in mediocrity at Minnesota :lol:

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:38 pm

mulefarm wrote:I could see Ann Arbor or follow Clay Hanus to the CHL. My guess he’s back at Tonka.
If by Ann Arbor you mean NTDP, that has moved to Plymouth and the kids no longer live in AA and do not attend Pioneer HS. I always called NTDP Ann Arbor as well, which isn't accurate anymore.

There aren't many kids that join for the second year of the two-year residency program. Bellows being an exception. My guess is Brink's NTDP window has closed.
Be kind. Rewind.

yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:41 pm

My guess is Brink will get to do just about anything he wants..

He's that good.

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:45 pm

NTDP may have closed. But if he is projected as a First round pick, I’m sure they will take him. After thinking about his situation, I could see him accelerating hs next year and going to Denver the following year. Didn’t Poehling fo this?

The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:52 pm

mulefarm wrote:NTDP may have closed. But if he is projected as a First round pick, I’m sure they will take him. After thinking about his situation, I could see him accelerating hs next year and going to Denver the following year. Didn’t Poehling fo this?
Yes, he started college as a 17 year-old. Of course, that was SCSU not Denver, which has a more rigorous academic program. Also, Poehling had a built in support structure with his older brothers on campus.

If Brink can pull it off, great, but there are a few important differences between him and Ryan Poehling.

TheNightman

Post by TheNightman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:26 pm

O-townClown wrote:
mulefarm wrote:I could see Ann Arbor or follow Clay Hanus to the CHL. My guess he’s back at Tonka.
If by Ann Arbor you mean NTDP, that has moved to Plymouth and the kids no longer live in AA and do not attend Pioneer HS. I always called NTDP Ann Arbor as well, which isn't accurate anymore.

There aren't many kids that join for the second year of the two-year residency program. Bellows being an exception. My guess is Brink's NTDP window has closed.
Gavin Hain did it this year.