2017-18 Golden Gophers

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:22 am

What time do the Gophers play today in the B10 tournament ? I can’t find any information on the game.

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:09 am

The B10 and tDon have done the impossible and made Gopher hockey irrelevant.

Congrats to tDon and Jim Delaney.

#Rowtheboat is the #1 goal now. Selling your soul to Pj Fleck? Good luck with that....we are Illinois 2.0

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:46 am

goldy313 wrote:The B10 and tDon have done the impossible and made Gopher hockey irrelevant.

Congrats to tDon and Jim Delaney.

#Rowtheboat is the #1 goal now. Selling your soul to Pj Fleck? Good luck with that....we are Illinois 2.0
So True!!

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Don is gone! Grant Potulny, come on down ?

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:46 pm

My first memory of Don was in 1974. In the 44 years since then he has put together quite a resume. I would like to congratulate him on an awesome career and thank him for all of the great memories and wish him the best in the future.

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:38 pm

grindiangrad-80 wrote:My first memory of Don was in 1974. In the 44 years since then he has put together quite a resume. I would like to congratulate him on an awesome career and thank him for all of the great memories and wish him the best in the future.
He doesn't need your best, he will make $625,000 next year (according to the Star tribune) to do next to nothing aside from speaking engagements. Under achieve for a decade and you get to make more in a year than the average working man makes in 15 years. The taxpayers of Minnesota thank you tDon......

Do those great memories include losing to Holy Cross? Repeatedly missing the NCAA tournament and taking Mariucci from a sell out to half full?

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:35 am

goldy313 wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:My first memory of Don was in 1974. In the 44 years since then he has put together quite a resume. I would like to congratulate him on an awesome career and thank him for all of the great memories and wish him the best in the future.
He doesn't need your best, he will make $625,000 next year (according to the Star tribune) to do next to nothing aside from speaking engagements. Under achieve for a decade and you get to make more in a year than the average working man makes in 15 years. The taxpayers of Minnesota thank you tDon......

Do those great memories include losing to Holy Cross? Repeatedly missing the NCAA tournament and taking Mariucci from a sell out to half full?
Those games are all part of a career. That's fine if you don't like him, everyone is entitled to their opinion. He's been there 19 years and change is always necessary eventually. The reality is that his career has been way more impressive than that of a few anonymous dipsticks who take shots at him on a message board.

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:17 pm

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
goldy313 wrote:

Those games are all part of a career. That's fine if you don't like him, everyone is entitled to their opinion. He's been there 19 years and change is always necessary eventually. The reality is that his career has been way more impressive than that of a few anonymous dipsticks who take shots at him on a message board.
I remember being very excited when they announced he was taking over the Gopher job 19 years ago. He had a lot of success at CC and I expected great things from him in Minnesota. Then to win back-to-back NCAA championships in his third and fourth season was magical. But I have to admit, the last 5-10 years have been a struggle and this past year was embarrassing to watch the team. Its time for a change, and he went out with class.

Good luck to Coyle in his search for a new coach. I hope it brings back the excitement to Mariucci arena.

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:45 pm

BodyShots wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:
goldy313 wrote:

I remember being very excited when they announced he was taking over the Gopher job 19 years ago. He had a lot of success at CC and I expected great things from him in Minnesota. Then to win back-to-back NCAA championships in his third and fourth season was magical. But I have to admit, the last 5-10 years have been a struggle and this past year was embarrassing to watch the team. Its time for a change, and he went out with class.

Good luck to Coyle in his search for a new coach. I hope it brings back the excitement to Mariucci arena.
Well said.