ESPN NCAA coverage

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

jdh

ESPN NCAA coverage

Post by jdh »

I wonder why ESPN isn't carrying the Bulldogs vs Mankato game tomorrow.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

I see they're also not carrying the Penn State/Denver game on Saturday. Both will be streamed on ESPN3, which does have excellent quality compared to most streaming outlets.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Do you have to buy the stream from ESPN?
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:Do you have to buy the stream from ESPN?
No it's free.

But as I recall to access it you may have to get ESPN from your cable (or satellite) provider. Not sure on that though.

http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?sta ... e=upcoming
(scroll down to "Hockey")
grindiangrad-80

MNHockeyFan wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:Do you have to buy the stream from ESPN?
No it's free.

But as I recall to access it you may have to get ESPN from your cable (or satellite) provider. Not sure on that though.

http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?sta ... e=upcoming
(scroll down to "Hockey")
Thank you.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

ESPN3 is very high quality and very accessible. You can get the app using basically every streaming device (AppleTV, Roku, Amazon FireStick, etc.). Probably even available as an app if you have a smart TV.

ESPN3 has been a complaint of many for a number of years, but the product is great if you know how to access it. Streaming TV is making good headway in putting the cable companies out of business. Only problem - it's tough to get older folks off standard cable and onto the streaming stuff.
grindiangrad-80

Re: ESPN NCAA coverage

jdh wrote:I wonder why ESPN isn't carrying the Bulldogs vs Mankato game tomorrow.
That is a good question. If networks don't want to cover hockey because of low viewership I get it. But if they are going to cover hockey but then don't cover a game like that in Minnesota or the above mentioned Gopher/ Nodak or Gopher/ Bulldog games I am missing something.
grindiangrad-80

BobSaget wrote:ESPN3 is very high quality and very accessible. You can get the app using basically every streaming device (AppleTV, Roku, Amazon FireStick, etc.). Probably even available as an app if you have a smart TV.

ESPN3 has been a complaint of many for a number of years, but the product is great if you know how to access it. Streaming TV is making good headway in putting the cable companies out of business. Only problem - it's tough to get older folks off standard cable and onto the streaming stuff.
Me and my hard arteries are going to give it a whirl tomorrow evening. :)
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:Me and my hard arteries are going to give it a whirl tomorrow evening. :)
I use a laptop to access hockey game streams and connect it to my 80" 4K TV with a HDMI cable. Works great!
grindiangrad-80

MNHockeyFan wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:Me and my hard arteries are going to give it a whirl tomorrow evening. :)
I use a laptop to access hockey game streams and connect it to my 80" 4K TV with a HDMI cable. Works great!
Thanks. I will be doing the same.