1. Who's going to win the State titles this year in Pee Wee

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

1. Who's going to win the State titles this year in Pee Wee

Post by elliott70 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Hermantown in AA

Warroad in A

yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:49 pm

I'll take

Edina AA

Stillwater A (Although I'd love to see Warroad win it )

kniven

Re: 1. Who's going to win the State titles this year in Pee

Post by kniven » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:40 pm

elliott70 wrote:Hermantown in AA

Warroad in A
agreed. i've seen Hermantown peeweeAA team several times this year up in 218. they are nasty good! hermantown bantamAA are nasty good as well. nice run for hermantown in single A in high school the next 10 years.

tourneytickssince59

Post by tourneytickssince59 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Not Stillwater AA with the 2 late transfers?

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Heard Osseo-Maple Grove put Edina in running time at regionals. I'll go with them.
Be kind. Rewind.

yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 am

I'll change my prediction to Stillwater. Anyone know how they landed these kids after the season started? You don't see that very often

tourneytickssince59

Post by tourneytickssince59 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 pm

yesiplayedhockey wrote:I'll change my prediction to Stillwater. Anyone know how they landed these kids after the season started? You don't see that very often
heard restraining order against dad with the association. Not happy with team that was put together and coach. Was asked to leave. Just had to move kids to stillwater schools and show proof of residency.

thefatcat

Post by thefatcat » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:45 pm

tourneytickssince59 wrote:
yesiplayedhockey wrote:I'll change my prediction to Stillwater. Anyone know how they landed these kids after the season started? You don't see that very often
heard restraining order against dad with the association. Not happy with team that was put together and coach. Was asked to leave. Just had to move kids to stillwater schools and show proof of residency.

Forgot to add that he showed up to the Mahtomedi rink drunk as a skunk, started berating players on his kid's team as not good enough and then doubled down on the coach. Kids could have stayed on team, dad couldn't come inside the arena for the season. Then said father claimed everyone in the association was racist.

Not too mention the adopted sons are older than what is listed on their birth certificates, the dad has privately bragged about it.

yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:29 am

So why would Stillwater take this family if even half of what is reported is true?

thefatcat

Post by thefatcat » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 pm

yesiplayedhockey wrote:So why would Stillwater take this family if even half of what is reported is true?
Oh, it's all true. My co-worker is a coach there and was in the arena when these shenanigans went down.

As for the SYHA president taking them, baggage or not you're gonna take those two man-children. Principles be damned when there are wins at stake. Don't be surprised if the Prez is no longer the Prez next season. I'm sure there were some ruffled feathers at SYHA but I'm sure the wins soothed those sore spots.

yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:10 am

I truly can't believe those kids are "older" than what the documents show. If that was true, Minnesota hockey would have done something by now. Either way, Stillwater's board does has some crow to eat.

Anyone on a hockey board please remember this....Do your homework before signing a waiver for a kid outside your zip code to play hockey there.

If a parent is trying to waiver in their kid from one association to yours, there's probably a good reason...And 8 out of the 10 times that reason is one (or both) parents are simply CRAZY.

Besides, years down the road there's a decent chance that the kid you took in will NEVER play High School hockey for your town. So why deal with all the headaches at the youth level.

blueline_6

Post by blueline_6 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:50 am

yesiplayedhockey wrote:I truly can't believe those kids are "older" than what the documents show. If that was true, Minnesota hockey would have done something by now.
Only if someone filed a grievance with Minnesota Hockey and had some proof that the birth certs were falsified. Otherwise, all MN Hockey cares about is that the Association has a copy of a birth cert at time of rostering. So the responsibility really falls on the rostering Association if they suspect something is amiss with the birth cert.

thefatcat

Post by thefatcat » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:35 pm

blueline_6 wrote:
yesiplayedhockey wrote:I truly can't believe those kids are "older" than what the documents show. If that was true, Minnesota hockey would have done something by now.
Only if someone filed a grievance with Minnesota Hockey and had some proof that the birth certs were falsified. Otherwise, all MN Hockey cares about is that the Association has a copy of a birth cert at time of rostering. So the responsibility really falls on the rostering Association if they suspect something is amiss with the birth cert.
The kids were adopted from Africa, they did not have birth certs where they came from. Once in the US they "guessed" their age as best they could...with a little help from adoptive father. The birth certs are authentic in that they're official...the DOB however is fluffed.

There are some who say Manut Bol was playing in the NBA in his 50's. his college coach helped "guess" his age when he came over to play college hoops.