MN HS players closing out the year in juniors

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
TheNightman
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:41 pm

MN HS players closing out the year in juniors

Post by TheNightman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:48 pm

Looking for a list of players who played high school this year closing out the year in juniors. I'm sure it will become much more clear in the next few weekends.

Anyone started with a new team yet?

TheNightman
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by TheNightman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:54 pm

After a quick scan of USHL rosters, it looks like Brehdan Engum from Burnsville is with Central Illinois and Jack Perbix is back with Green Bay.

Duluth_Topper
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:09 pm
Location: Duluth, MN

Post by Duluth_Topper » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:01 pm

George Grannis & Willy Stauber - Bismark Bobcats - NAHL
http://www.bismarckbobcats.com/stats/roster/4

Levi Stauber - Austin Bruins - NAHL
http://www.austinbruins.com/stats/roster/3
Last edited by Duluth_Topper on Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

MrBoDangles
Posts: 3952
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:32 am

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:48 pm

McGregor and Meyer will be back at Central Illinois

blueblood
Posts: 2131
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 2:36 pm
Location: Tonka

Juniors

Post by blueblood » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:52 pm

Mike Koster (Chaska) is at Tri-Cities
Play Like a Champion Today

goaliedad31
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:17 am

Post by goaliedad31 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:21 pm

Andrew Erwin Eden Prairie playing for Shreveport in NAHL

TheNightman
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by TheNightman » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:49 pm

Randklev is back with Fargo and Frisch is on the roster for Green Bay.

TheNightman
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by TheNightman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:06 pm

USHL:

Brady Meyer, Central Illinois
Brehdan Engum, Central Illinois
Carter Randklev, Fargo
Jack Perbix, Green Bay
Ethan Frisch, Green Bay
Mike Koster, Tri-City
Jack Jensen, Tri-City

OldManRiver
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:31 pm

Post by OldManRiver » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Probably a rookie question, but how does this work with school? Do they just show up and play games with these teams? Attend school in a distance format? I've always wondered how that works when a player is playing some distance away...

MWS coach
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by MWS coach » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:37 pm

OldManRiver wrote:Probably a rookie question, but how does this work with school? Do they just show up and play games with these teams? Attend school in a distance format? I've always wondered how that works when a player is playing some distance away...
Online school

Schotzy
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Schotzy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:19 pm

MWS coach wrote:
OldManRiver wrote:Probably a rookie question, but how does this work with school? Do they just show up and play games with these teams? Attend school in a distance format? I've always wondered how that works when a player is playing some distance away...
Online school
Longer distance, the online schooling is almost certainly in use, but is not always the case. I know some of these kids are at their school during the week and with the team on the weekends.

MWS coach
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by MWS coach » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Schotzy wrote:
MWS coach wrote:
OldManRiver wrote:Probably a rookie question, but how does this work with school? Do they just show up and play games with these teams? Attend school in a distance format? I've always wondered how that works when a player is playing some distance away...
Online school
Longer distance, the online schooling is almost certainly in use, but is not always the case. I know some of these kids are at their school during the week and with the team on the weekends.
Agreed AGAIN! :lol:

JerseyDave
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:22 am

Post by JerseyDave » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:16 pm

Two more? Sammy Walker and Bobby Brink are apparently with the Sioux City Musketeers and will suit up this weekend.
http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/hock ... c2d93.html

Meanwhile, the Minnetonka HS principal tweeted yesterday that Brink was a Tonka "ACT Student of the Week," which I'm not quite sure what means.
https://twitter.com/TonkaPrincipal/stat ... 8446926850

GettinHiggyWithIt
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 pm

Post by GettinHiggyWithIt » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:45 pm

TheNightman wrote:USHL:

Brady Meyer, Central Illinois
Brehdan Engum, Central Illinois
Carter Randklev, Fargo
Jack Perbix, Green Bay
Ethan Frisch, Green Bay
Mike Koster, Tri-City
Jack Jensen, Tri-City
Once Ryder Donovan recovers from the wrist injury he suffered in the championship game, I would bet he would head to Dubuque.

GettinHiggyWithIt
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 pm

Post by GettinHiggyWithIt » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:11 pm

From Duluth East:
Will Fisher - Bismarck Bobcats NAHL
Austin Jouppi - Bismarck Bobcats NAHL (practicing with the team only)
Luke LaMaster - Janesville Jets NAHL
Ian Mageau - Austin Bruins NAHL
Garrett Worth - Minnesota Wildnerness NAHL

north_bear
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:25 am
Location: G.R.

Post by north_bear » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:20 pm

GettinHiggyWithIt wrote:From Duluth East:
Will Fisher - Bismarck Bobcats NAHL
Austin Jouppi - Bismarck Bobcats NAHL (practicing with the team only)
Luke LaMaster - Janesville Jets NAHL
Ian Mageau - Austin Bruins NAHL
Garrett Worth - Minnesota Wildnerness NAHL
Surprised they're not on USHL teams.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!

ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:03 pm

north_bear wrote:
GettinHiggyWithIt wrote:From Duluth East:
Will Fisher - Bismarck Bobcats NAHL
Austin Jouppi - Bismarck Bobcats NAHL (practicing with the team only)
Luke LaMaster - Janesville Jets NAHL
Ian Mageau - Austin Bruins NAHL
Garrett Worth - Minnesota Wildnerness NAHL
Surprised they're not on USHL teams.
Twin Cities bias :lol:

Flin Flon Bomber
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:54 am

Players finishing the year at juniors

Post by Flin Flon Bomber » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:11 pm

Jack Jensen - Tri City

JerseyDave
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:22 am

Post by JerseyDave » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:13 pm

Sioux City's Bobby Brink found the net for his first USHL goal last night against Waterloo, but Waterloo got three short-handed goals to win the game. Sammy Walker has about five assists after four games for Sioux City. I've been listening to the last couple of Sioux City games online. Today, Sioux City plays Carter Randklev's Fargo team at 3 p.m. CT. You can listen live at 620 KMNS, Sioux City's home for sports.
https://620kmns.iheart.com/

Here's a tweet containing a GIF video of Brink's first USHL goal.
https://twitter.com/USHL/status/977718110080897024

Here's a tweet with a highlight of Sammy Walker showing his great speed:
https://twitter.com/USHL/status/977720138580586501

The USHL Twitter feed shows other USHL highlights:
https://twitter.com/USHL

ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:25 pm

Brink is finishing out the playoffs with USNTD U17 program now that Sioux City's season is over. Will be interesting to see what this means for his return next year.

Post Reply