Matt Cullen

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

grindiangrad-80

Matt Cullen

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:10 pm

I know it will be moved but have to acknowledge a great Minnesota kid. If this is the last year for you-

Thanks for the memories Matt. Holy s..t. What a career.

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:40 pm

I have to add this- Not often you find someone who was as good as he was at 18 to still be this good at 40. Guy looks like he could play forever.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:29 am

Funny Grindian, I was thinking about him the whole 3rd period.

He hustled more than all the younger guys, even his last shift he was up forechecking hard and trying to intercept jets outlet passes, maybe last ditch effort to get one more shot on goal.

Looked like Buff and Wheeler gave him an extra congrats bump as they went thru the line, but not sure all the younger Jets knew the significance of the moment for Matt

Anyway, at the end of the game, I looked up his stats. 2nd all time Minn native games played , behind only Housely, and 4th all time Minn points. Parise and Wheeler might catch him in points someday. Justin Faulk might catchup in games played.

Well done Matt, glad you stayed healthy all season. Retire and enjoy your family! Nothing more to be proven. Dont be tempted to go back for another season and risk injury. Plenty of other opportunities for a classy guy like you.