HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spring HP 15 Tryouts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Latest Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duluth_Topper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Spring HP 15 Tryouts Reply with quote

Curious what numbers looked like at other districts.

District 11 had 25 total including 2 goalies. This is up slightly from last years 14's.

Interesting that there was 13 kids from Hermantown.
Goose21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the invite process? I heard that any 03s (for HP15) that played A/AA were automatically invited, but that coaches could also nominate B players.

With Hermantown having both A and AA teams, I could see 13 invites.
Duluth_Topper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great question.

Although I already knew from doing it last year and keeping up on the MNHockey site I was also forwarded all the info from Coach Flaherty at Duluth Marshall. I know for a fact that every other HS coach in the area also received the same email to send out for invites.

I believe the rest of the kids are this; 3 - Duluth East, 2 - Duluth Marshall, 1 - Moose Lake, 2 - North Shore, & 4 - Cloquet.
kniven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duluth_Topper wrote:
Great question.

Although I already knew from doing it last year and keeping up on the MNHockey site I was also forwarded all the info from Coach Flaherty at Duluth Marshall. I know for a fact that every other HS coach in the area also received the same email to send out for invites.

I believe the rest of the kids are this; 3 - Duluth East, 2 - Duluth Marshall, 1 - Moose Lake, 2 - North Shore, & 4 - Cloquet.

Hermantown and Duluth East on top of the food chain regarding hockey in the Duluth area. Itís just the way it is.
Goose21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kniven wrote:
Duluth_Topper wrote:
Great question.

Hermantown and Duluth East on top of the food chain regarding hockey in the Duluth area. Itís just the way it is.

Cloquet Bantam AA dominated at regions and finished third at state.
kniven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goose21 wrote:
kniven wrote:
Duluth_Topper wrote:
Great question.

Yes they did Smile. It was awesome! CEC high school hockey has a three year window starting in 2018-2019. Hermantown and Duluth East donít have windows though. CECĒs window actually started opened in 16-17. We lost toEast 1-0 in the semiĒs splitting with Rapids during the season. This year the wheels just fell off. 18-19 will be the peak year, next year.
SpOilerfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kniven wrote:
Goose21 wrote:
kniven wrote:
Duluth_Topper wrote:
Great question.

Yes they did Smile. It was awesome! CEC high school hockey has a three year window starting in 2018-2019. Hermantown and Duluth East donít have windows though. CECĒs window actually started opened in 16-17. We lost toEast 1-0 in the semiĒs splitting with Rapids during the season. This year the wheels just fell off. 18-19 will be the peak year, next year.

I thought it was the last game of the regular season 16-17 over Proctor 3 to 2?
kniven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Goose21 wrote:
kniven wrote:
Duluth_Topper wrote:
Great question.

Yes they did Smile. It was awesome! CEC high school hockey has a three year window starting in 2018-2019. Hermantown and Duluth East donít have windows thoughí because their windows never shut. CECĒs window actually started opened in 16-17. We lost toEast 1-0 in the semiĒs splitting with Rapids during the season. This year the wheels just fell off. 18-19 will be the peak year, next year.

I thought it was the last game of the regular season 16-17 over Proctor 3 to 2?

Nope. I was there. The results of that game were never in doubt despite the close score.
northwoods oldtimer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goose21 wrote:
kniven wrote:
Duluth_Topper wrote:
Great question.

Not meaning to slight Cloquet efforts at Bantam AA state. They showed very well winning the consolation championship.
https://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/show/3850958-bantam-aa-2017-18-

No question they will be tough to beat in 2019. Rooting for them to make St. Paul as the 7AA Champions.
Goose21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Goose21 wrote:
kniven wrote:
Duluth_Topper wrote:
Great question.

Not meaning to slight Cloquet efforts at Bantam AA state. They showed very well winning the consolation championship.
https://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/show/3850958-bantam-aa-2017-18-

No question they will be tough to beat in 2019. Rooting for them to make St. Paul as the 7AA Champions.

Thanks. You are right. For some reason my brain equated consolidation with third as I typed.
kniven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, old timer. 7AA is a gauntlet for sure. Especially with Hermantown opting up as soon as they can. CEC competes every year no matter the talent level. So not only will we compete, again, next year..........but also win the section, and represent 7AA at the state tournament. Hockey is so hard, but thatís why I love High School hockey, 218 puck, so much.
InThePipes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Observations from the weekend?
zamboniexhaustinhaler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

InThePipes wrote:

For that matter, any news on the USA camp picks for the age groups ?
BP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:
InThePipes wrote:

All are posted on the Minnesota Hockey website. 16's and 17's for National Camps posted and the 14's and 15's for the Top 102's for St. Cloud in June is on there as well.
zamboniexhaustinhaler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:
InThePipes wrote:

All are posted on the Minnesota Hockey website. 16's and 17's for National Camps posted and the 14's and 15's for the Top 102's for St. Cloud in June is on there as well.

Thanks. Must have missed them, have to look again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Latest Topics) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: