NAHL Draft

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

goaliedad31

NAHL Draft

Post by goaliedad31 »

Any surprises or speculation on who may forgo their senior year as a result of the draft?
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 »

I have no knowledge of rumors or inside info on any of this, but it seems to me that some of the local (Midwest) NAHL teams draft some Minnesotans as a "just in case." I noticed a few who were already drafted by USHL teams, and then a few who still have high school eligibility. It's a tough draft I'd imagine for teams, since they're basically looking for the best players who aren't headed to USHL or WHL. Every year a few kids do leave early for NAHL, but it's a different situation than USHL early departs. Couple examples of early departures in last few years include Jarrett Lee from Hibbing and Bryceton Butkiewicz from Moose Lake.

The hot rumor from this draft is Tim Piechowski from EP. Doesn't fit the typical profile of an early leaver to NAHL since EP should have a quite good team next year, but the #7 overall pick makes me think they have reason to believe he'll come. Tough to say.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I understand there are some direct Bobcat/ Eagles connections involved with Tim. Always thought he was a little underrated, overshadowed by a multitude of bigger names.
goaliedad31

Post by goaliedad31 »

Just received confirmation that TP is leaving for the Bobcats.
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

goaliedad31 wrote:Just received confirmation that TP is leaving for the Bobcats.
Wow. Even if he’s not a Mr. Hockey candidate, that throws at least a slight twist in the Section 2AA picture. Not to speculate too much, but it makes me wonder if he knows something about Jensen’s plans for next season that we don’t. Of course, he could have simply seen it as the right decision for him, and I’m just over-analyzing.
goaliedad31

Post by goaliedad31 »

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Also some rumors about some of the top EP Bantam kids?
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

WestMetro wrote:ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Also some rumors about some of the top EP Bantam kids?
Haven't heard those. Private schools? All I know is one of the first year bantams will not be returning to EP for his second year of bantams.
warmskin

NAHL team selection process

Post by warmskin »

Does anybody know the team selection process for the NAHL and the timing for 30 man and final roster? After each main camp is the 30 man roster selected within a short period of time or later? Do players contractually commit to the first team that puts them on a 30 man roster?
For players that are not drafted or tendered can they attend several main camps or once they get on a 30 player roster are they committed to that team?
Can't find any of these details on any web site. Thanks