D East 2018-2019

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GettinHiggyWithIt

D East 2018-2019

Post by GettinHiggyWithIt » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:15 pm

http://howiehanson.com/?p=6944

Looks like the Hounds drop Roseau, Bloomington Jefferson and Anoka for Champlin Park, Eagan, and Moorhead. Interesting.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Tough competition in 7AA again this season. 3 teams in top 10? 4 in top 20 .

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:52 pm

The Roseau game has been ugly the past couple years, so re-adding the Spuds as the other half of the 8AA road trip only makes sense. Eagan has some nice parts coming up and should be an upgrade over Jefferson. Champlin Park for Anoka just trades one mid-tier 5AA team for another--not one they've ever played, as far as I can tell. All in all, a somewhat stronger schedule, especially when looking at the likely trends of a number of their regular opponents.

alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:58 pm

karl(east) wrote:The Roseau game has been ugly the past couple years, so re-adding the Spuds as the other half of the 8AA road trip only makes sense. Eagan has some nice parts coming up and should be an upgrade over Jefferson. Champlin Park for Anoka just trades one mid-tier 5AA team for another--not one they've ever played, as far as I can tell. All in all, a somewhat stronger schedule, especially when looking at the likely trends of a number of their regular opponents.
A win over the Spuds should help the QRF.

kniven

Post by kniven » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:44 pm

WestMetro wrote:Tough competition in 7AA again this season. 3 teams in top 10? 4 in top 20 .
Duluth East and Andover are definitely the favorites in 7AA. Not much more to say until the fall.

Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:37 am

It was actually Anoka and Jefferson who chose not to renew contracts with East

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:00 am

Kniven

You forget I watched the boys hold EP close for most of the game at the State Bantam Trny. I can’t help but be excited about Jacks 2018-19 HS prospects . Looking forward to seeing them at the Thanksgiving Bloomington Opener Trny

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:14 am

kniven wrote:
WestMetro wrote:Tough competition in 7AA again this season. 3 teams in top 10? 4 in top 20 .
Duluth East and Andover are definitely the favorites in 7AA. Not much more to say until the fall.
If everybody returns at Andover...on paper they have the strongest returning roster in 7AA. Cloquet will be good too...and DE is DE. And with Anoka deciding after over 20 years not to continue playing DE...the O brothers will hold the distinction as the last A Town tandem to achieve varsity wins over the cake eaters from up North (along with their Spartan Dad) 2006, 2015 & 1976 😉☝️

kniven

Post by kniven » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:45 am

WestMetro wrote:Kniven

You forget I watched the boys hold EP close for most of the game at the State Bantam Trny. I can’t help but be excited about Jacks 2018-19 HS prospects . Looking forward to seeing them at the Thanksgiving Bloomington Opener Trny
I’m hoping for a state championship for CEC this year. The talent on paper is there. Fun, accountability, and discipline. They will need to find that fine line and own it. Great kids and head Coach. The sky’s the limit with this group.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Welcome back 59, a two month vacation from posting?

A super Huskie returning lineup, and Fritz may be the best goalie in the state next season.

Way to shoot for the moon Kniven! I agree, the talent is there.

And lets not forget our friend AlCloseShaver's Elks, who have the Mr Hockey favorite Perbix and another 50 pointer Zach M, along with the much improved Foss who will surprise everyone his senior year I predict. Will be interesting to see where the pundits place the Elks in the first preseason- somewhere between 10 and 15?

Anyway, would be very interesting to see an Andover CEC 7AA final.

kniven

Post by kniven » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:33 pm

I’ve got an insider at Elk who says Elk River is down now the next several years. Perbix won’t be returning it’s so bad right now. Not my words, by the way.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Hope just early chatter and that Elks can hang onto JP and others !

He’s going to go around #100 end of this month , and hes locked into Notre Dame anyway , so like Klatt and others say- what’s the rush ? Odds on fav for Mr Hockey IMHO. Edina gets only their first ever this year , and Elks would have two in less than 5 years!

alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Jeez, was hoping for the summer off. Elks will be competitive this year and why would anyone want to spend a season in Green Bay anyway? The are some pending arena issues and maybe some would say changes in the youth coaching may be a factor. My take is I see big numbers in youth hockey but maybe not the high end talent we have seen in the past. Knivvy I saw a guy in town with a Lumberjack sweatshirt on over town, is that your source? Best for you to opine on your club for now.

kniven

Post by kniven » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:19 pm

I have no idea if that was my source. I never wish any program have their kids leave early. My source says squirt level look nice at Elk. You can’t have the most talent each year.....even if your Elk. And then even when you do....the program still can’t get by 218 puck. Elks only hope is to be removed from section 7 AA. CEC will never, ever, have the most talent, but we compete year in and year out non-the-less.

alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:25 pm

kniven wrote:I have no idea if that was my source. I never wish any program have their kids leave early. My source says squirt level look nice at Elk. You can’t have the most talent each year.....even if your Elk. And then even when you do....the program still can’t get by 218 puck. Elks only hope is to be removed from section 7 AA. CEC will never, ever, have the most talent, but we compete year in and year out non-the-less.
Talking squirt level are we, squirt level... See you guys in November, I will be at the lake fishing.

blueline_6

Post by blueline_6 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 am

kniven wrote:I have no idea if that was my source. I never wish any program have their kids leave early. My source says squirt level look nice at Elk. You can’t have the most talent each year.....even if your Elk. And then even when you do....the program still can’t get by 218 puck. Elks only hope is to be removed from section 7 AA. CEC will never, ever, have the most talent, but we compete year in and year out non-the-less.
Based on what? Did they have a mite A team that dominated the state last year or something? Their squirt A and B1 teams last year were non-factors. Elks have become a B2 level machine at squirt, peewee and bantam - but that's not exactly the level you look at for future high school success.

kniven

Post by kniven » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:34 pm

It’s all good, Elk River hockey fan. Just put a team on the ice and compete the best you can :)

SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:50 pm

WestMetro wrote:Welcome back 59, a two month vacation from posting?

A super Huskie returning lineup, and Fritz may be the best goalie in the state next season.

Way to shoot for the moon Kniven! I agree, the talent is there.

And lets not forget our friend AlCloseShaver's Elks, who have the Mr Hockey favorite Perbix and another 50 pointer Zach M, along with the much improved Foss who will surprise everyone his senior year I predict. Will be interesting to see where the pundits place the Elks in the first preseason- somewhere between 10 and 15?

Anyway, would be very interesting to see an Andover CEC 7AA final.
You will not see Perbix this year in high school hockey