Coaching Changes 2018-2019

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Rocketwrister
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:45 pm

Coaching Changes 2018-2019

Post by Rocketwrister » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:08 pm

With 1 opening already, probably a good time to get this thread started.

1. Duluth Marshall
2. East Ridge
3. Orono
4. Bemidji
Last edited by Rocketwrister on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

skatez
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:22 am

Post by skatez » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:41 pm

I love this thread. Can't wait to read the comments. I love going through the old ones, my favorites from two years ago: Hastings will be so much better off with Corkish, Stillwater has a bumper crop about to start high school. How are those working out. Can't wait for this years version.

Mnnstar
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Re: Coaching Changes 2018-2019

Post by Mnnstar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:46 pm

Rocketwrister wrote:With 1 opening already, probably a good time to get this thread started.

1. Duluth Marshall
pepperpot your thoughts?

knights14
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:21 pm

coach change

Post by knights14 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:31 pm

Tom Kulenkamp out at East Ridge retiring after a 38 year coaching career.

massalsa
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:37 am

Re: Coaching Changes 2018-2019

Post by massalsa » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:53 pm

Mnnstar wrote:
Rocketwrister wrote:With 1 opening already, probably a good time to get this thread started.

1. Duluth Marshall
pepperpot your thoughts?
I have thoughts about Marshall but unrelated to the girls coaching position...

The Duluth Marshall boys away uni's are my favorite of any HS uni I have seen in my many years of watching boys and girls HS hockey.

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/880436
**pic of uni is several paragraphs down.

ShakestheClown
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:11 pm

Post by ShakestheClown » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:03 pm

Those do look pretty darn sharp!

Well Driller
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Well Driller » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:36 pm

The entire staff at Orono resigned the day after their season ended.

mulefarm
Posts: 1668
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:01 am

Post by mulefarm » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:40 pm

The coaching carousel in both the girls and boys continues at Orono.

Well Driller
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Well Driller » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Not sure that's completely accurate for the girls - the same staff was there for 7 years and chose to leave. According to Hockey Hub, the boys have had 5 different head coaches in the last 7 years. Carousel seems accurate there for sure.

pepperpot
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by pepperpot » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:46 pm

Masalla those Marshall uniforms look like leftovers from the movie Tron. Rocket i don't have an opinion on Marshalls coach other than he always looked like he needed a shower. Why did he leave? Maybe they'll close the program down and the silver spooners will go back to public school or Hermantown the other private school that likes to recruit. Just so you know, I'm done with any skin in the game now. Now all of my nephews and nieces are done with hockey. None ar playing in college so my posts will be few between. Maybe never again which will make some of you happy and some sad. I don't care either way. Good luck to girls hockey with it becoming a rich persons sport and how parents are making coaching impossible.

Mnnstar
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Mnnstar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Add Bemidji to list

kniven
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Post by kniven » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:21 pm

pepperpot wrote:Masalla those Marshall uniforms look like leftovers from the movie Tron. Rocket i don't have an opinion on Marshalls coach other than he always looked like he needed a shower. Why did he leave? Maybe they'll close the program down and the silver spooners will go back to public school or Hermantown the other private school that likes to recruit. Just so you know, I'm done with any skin in the game now. Now all of my nephews and nieces are done with hockey. None ar playing in college so my posts will be few between. Maybe never again which will make some of you happy and some sad. I don't care either way. Good luck to girls hockey with it becoming a rich persons sport and how parents are making coaching impossible.
Yes. Youth and high school hockey requires a significant investment of money, time, and a family. And parents make coaching impossible in every sport, not just hockey.

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6482
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:28 am

Post by MNHockeyFan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:46 pm

Red Wing's Scott Haley has announced his retirement.

LZ94
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:20 pm

Post by LZ94 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:55 pm

1. Duluth Marshall
2. East Ridge
3. Orono
4. Bemidji
5. Red Wing
6. Buffalo
7. Owatonna

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6482
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:28 am

Post by MNHockeyFan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:25 pm

LZ94 wrote:1. Duluth Marshall
2. East Ridge
3. Orono
4. Bemidji
5. Red Wing
6. Buffalo
7. Owatonna
Nicole Olson has been named head coach at Red Wing.

Rocketwrister
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:45 pm

Post by Rocketwrister » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:29 pm

1. Duluth Marshall - Stephanie Erickson
2. East Ridge
3. Orono
4. Bemidji
5. Red Wing - Nicole Olson
6. Buffalo
7. Owatonna
8. Detroit Lakes
9. Ricorri
10. EGF
11. Hopkins
12. Moose Lake
Last edited by Rocketwrister on Wed May 23, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bocephus
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:35 pm

Post by Bocephus » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:42 pm

Detroit Lakes girls head coach just resigned

Mnnstar
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Mnnstar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:44 pm

Newly posted
EGF
Hopkins
Rocorri

Rocketwrister
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:45 pm

more openings

Post by Rocketwrister » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:45 pm

Rocketwrister wrote:1. Duluth Marshall - Stephanie Erickson
2. East Ridge
3. Orono
4. Bemidji
5. Red Wing - Nicole Olson
6. Buffalo
7. Owatonna
8. Detroit Lakes
9. Ricorri
10. EGF
11. Hopkins

Rocketwrister
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:45 pm

Post by Rocketwrister » Wed May 23, 2018 4:02 pm

1. Duluth Marshall - Stephanie Erickson
2. East Ridge
3. Orono
4. Bemidji
5. Red Wing - Nicole Olson
6. Buffalo
7. Owatonna - Sarah Murray
8. Detroit Lakes
9. Ricorri
10. EGF
11. Hopkins
12. Moose Lake
13. SPU
14. St. Cloud Area
Last edited by Rocketwrister on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mnnstar
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Mnnstar » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:19 pm

add SPU to the list

Iceburg
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 2:21 am
Location: Maplewood

Post by Iceburg » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:33 pm


Rocketwrister
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:45 pm

Post by Rocketwrister » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:07 pm

Are the jobs not getting filled, or is it just the down time of year and nothing being published / public yet?

massalsa
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:37 am

Post by massalsa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:36 pm

Rocketwrister wrote:Are the jobs not getting filled, or is it just the down time of year and nothing being published / public yet?
May not yet be official but saw this on twitter a while back:

https://twitter.com/HPGirlsHSHockey

Rocketwrister
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:45 pm

Post by Rocketwrister » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:14 pm

1. Duluth Marshall - Stephanie Erickson
2. East Ridge
3. Orono
4. Bemidji
5. Red Wing - Nicole Olson
6. Buffalo
7. Owatonna - Sarah Murray
8. Detroit Lakes
9. Ricorri
10. EGF
11. Hopkins - Ryan St. Martin
12. Moose Lake
13. SPU
14. St. Cloud Area

Post Reply