The Hermantown Thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockey59
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:01 pm

Post by hockey59 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:39 am

HHawks4Ever wrote:
rainier2 wrote:Please stop with these empty statements that make it appear as though you're taking the high road in this debate. Your "stance" is that they shouldn't be forced to move up, that staying in single A is their decision, and that the rest of the state shouldn't have any say in that decision? That's not a stance, that's reality. They can't be forced to move up, staying in single A is their decision, and the rest of the state doesn't have a say in that decision. You might as well say your "stance" is that the sun will rise tomorrow!!
Exactly, if that's the reality, then maybe you should stop incessantly moaning about it on a message board?
When your Varsity team makes Class A State 10 years in a row, your AA Bantam team makes State & AA PeeWee team makes State & finishes 2nd...How in the world can you justify staying in Single A (after 2018-2019)??? Don’t you realize that your small mindedness is cheating some really talented players from a shot at playing for the BIG PRIZE? I was lucky enough to have a son play in the AA State Tourney & the accomplishment of GETTING THEIR...is what was most gratifying! To quote a line in a Tom Hanks movie “It’s suppose to be hard” (to advance to AA STATE) “The hard is what makes it GREAT!” It’s not a birth right for HT players to play for the little prize all 3 or 4 years of HS. Wake up and grow some stones...

Jeffy95
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by Jeffy95 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:32 am

karl(east) wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
Schotzy wrote:
Net Presence wrote:Remember, the local hockey community is actually pretty small so, many people are reluctant to actually name kids whose parents they may be friends with or, even just acquaintances with.
This, this right here. Naming names is actually detrimental. These are minors, and do not need us traipsing their names around on this particular topic. It is one thing to speak positively about a kid, but there are other ethical issues when speaking about an actual kid's name on a topic such as this.

Yes, I know this is an informal forum, but we should refrain from such activity.

We are all pretty savvy about our hockey community. To suggest the argument of kids transferring, re-locating, or open-enrolling to Hermantown is untrue unless proven by naming names, is simply disingenuous. No one is pulling the wool over anyone's eyes on this topic.
You make a good point, but when someone is accusing you of making things up, what choice do you have?

Just to clarify, the above eight that were named are all adults except for one 17 year old. My Grandpa was getting shot at by Germans when he was 17 and turned out okay, so I'm assuming he wouldn't be too traumatized by it. On the slim chance that anyone under 30 is actually reading this board.
Hey now, some of us on here don't have any grey hairs yet! For a couple more years, anyway. :?

I have mixed feelings about discussing the residency of individuals on this forum, but having been a fly on the wall for much of this discussion, I don't think anything here really crosses the line. We have been proactive in cleaning out posts that have details on kids' off-ice lives in the past. That issue has less to do with any "trauma" inflicted on the kid himself than the fact that it can be very difficult to tease out fact from fiction on an anonymous message board. We don't want to enable libel, and personally I don't want to be in the business of leaving a searchable record of kids' life choices while still in high school. (Their parents are a different story, which may be why I view this residency discussion differently from incidents in which kids get suspended or something.) I don't think anyone deserves to have that sort of record left by anonymous message board commentators, though the ease with which one can follow a digital trail of crumbs on a kid's youthful dalliances is much greater even when I was in high school 10-15 years ago. It's a lot harder to hide now, for good or ill (and it's often both).
Oops, sorry Karl, forgot we had a Diaper Dandy on the board!

kniven
Posts: 1973
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Post by kniven » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:50 pm

Why would Biondi turn down a national development invite to play single A playoff high school hockey? I’m just curious.

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6538
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:28 am

Post by MNHockeyFan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:07 pm

kniven wrote:Why would Biondi turn down a national development invite to play single A playoff high school hockey? I’m just curious.
Maybe because he wants to play with his friends and/or he would prefer to live at home?

Stang5280
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by Stang5280 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:39 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:
kniven wrote:Why would Biondi turn down a national development invite to play single A playoff high school hockey? I’m just curious.
Maybe because he wants to play with his friends and/or he would prefer to live at home?
Ha, I stepped into that pile of poo regarding Jack Smith declining the NTDP to return to Cathedral, and I wasn’t even really questioning his decision. The NTDP is a huge commitment, and certainly isn’t for everyone. Both Biondi and Smith are already committed to UMD, and probably feel like they have some unfinished business at the high school level and can continue their development just fine there. FWIW, Gallatin and Kelley are also UMD commits who accepted NTDP offers, so clearly the college coaching staff is not influencing the decision process.

kniven
Posts: 1973
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Post by kniven » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Hermantown is stocked from 4th grade to 9th. Damn. If they go AA, were all in trouble.......

highgloveside
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:34 pm

Post by highgloveside » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:47 pm

Could be a matter of do you trust the process of your High School development? Are you having fun with your High School teammates? Good coaches? Jealous parents? These may be some but not all reasons for a kid and their parents to decide NTDP over staying put.

kniven
Posts: 1973
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Post by kniven » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:13 am

And what's up with those new uniforms?!!!!

rainier2
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by rainier2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:00 pm

Time to resuscitate this thread.

Hermantown should be in AA!!! :D

Actually, it will be fascinating to see if they finally make the move. They would likely be top 3 in 7AA most years and instantly become a fan favorite if they do, and if not, it will be fun to watch the statewide disgust multiply as they continue to stack A trophies while playing a AA-heavy schedule in which they beat top AA teams.

I wish they'd let the players decide.

elliott70
Posts: 12210
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by elliott70 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Congrats to the Hermantown Hawk football team for qualifying for the state tournament.
Go Hawks!

That guy for that thing
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:54 pm
Location: Hinckley

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by That guy for that thing » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:05 pm

rainier2 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:00 pm
Time to resuscitate this thread.

Hermantown should be in AA!!! :D

Actually, it will be fascinating to see if they finally make the move. They would likely be top 3 in 7AA most years and instantly become a fan favorite if they do, and if not, it will be fun to watch the statewide disgust multiply as they continue to stack A trophies while playing a AA-heavy schedule in which they beat top AA teams.

I wish they'd let the players decide.
Interesting if DM would drop back down to A. Would it be considered running from Hermantown, or the closing of a window of AA worth amount of talent?

rainier2
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by rainier2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:01 pm

That guy for that thing wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:05 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:00 pm
Time to resuscitate this thread.

Hermantown should be in AA!!! :D

Actually, it will be fascinating to see if they finally make the move. They would likely be top 3 in 7AA most years and instantly become a fan favorite if they do, and if not, it will be fun to watch the statewide disgust multiply as they continue to stack A trophies while playing a AA-heavy schedule in which they beat top AA teams.

I wish they'd let the players decide.
Interesting if DM would drop back down to A. Would it be considered running from Hermantown, or the closing of a window of AA worth amount of talent?
I wouldn't be surprised at all. If Hermantown goes AA, it will be interesting to see how that affect the dynamics of hockey talent in the Twin Ports.
-Will Hermantown get more transfers/open enrollees because they are AA? Would they present a real threat to East in 7AA on a yearly basis?
-Will the Hermantown transfer/open enrollee pipeline dry up because the trip to the X is no longer guaranteed? Would this mean more kids choose DM for the academics? Would more Proctor and/or Denfeld kids stay at home because going to state in A would become conceivable once again?
-Does DM go back down to A and start getting more talent as a trip to the X becomes easier?

I await the decision with bated breath. 8)

Goose21
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Goose21 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:33 pm

rainier2 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:00 pm
Time to resuscitate this thread.

Hermantown should be in AA!!! :D

Actually, it will be fascinating to see if they finally make the move. They would likely be top 3 in 7AA most years and instantly become a fan favorite if they do, and if not, it will be fun to watch the statewide disgust multiply as they continue to stack A trophies while playing a AA-heavy schedule in which they beat top AA teams.

I wish they'd let the players decide.
I don't know about the players, but I don't believe most of the parents and decision makers want to go AA (but all it takes is a couple to make that decision). There is a different mindset there when it comes to A vs AA when compared with opt-ups like Cloquet, Rapids, and Roseau. The success at A vs Mike Randolph/Duluth East/7AA/AA is the major factor.

I am also vey interested to see what the decision will be and of course, the result.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck

kniven
Posts: 1973
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Re:

Post by kniven » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:59 am

hockey59 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:39 am
HHawks4Ever wrote:
rainier2 wrote:Please stop with these empty statements that make it appear as though you're taking the high road in this debate. Your "stance" is that they shouldn't be forced to move up, that staying in single A is their decision, and that the rest of the state shouldn't have any say in that decision? That's not a stance, that's reality. They can't be forced to move up, staying in single A is their decision, and the rest of the state doesn't have a say in that decision. You might as well say your "stance" is that the sun will rise tomorrow!!
Exactly, if that's the reality, then maybe you should stop incessantly moaning about it on a message board?
When your Varsity team makes Class A State 10 years in a row, your AA Bantam team makes State & AA PeeWee team makes State & finishes 2nd...How in the world can you justify staying in Single A (after 2018-2019)??? Don’t you realize that your small mindedness is cheating some really talented players from a shot at playing for the BIG PRIZE? I was lucky enough to have a son play in the AA State Tourney & the accomplishment of GETTING THEIR...is what was most gratifying! To quote a line in a Tom Hanks movie “It’s suppose to be hard” (to advance to AA STATE) “The hard is what makes it GREAT!” It’s not a birth right for HT players to play for the little prize all 3 or 4 years of HS. Wake up and grow some stones...
Hermantown would definitely be in the top 2/3 every single year like clock work. CEC would become an outsider routinely outside the the top 4 in the section semi-finals. We would have our moments/stretches though. =)

Goose21
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: Re:

Post by Goose21 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:18 pm

kniven wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:59 am
hockey59 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:39 am
HHawks4Ever wrote:
Exactly, if that's the reality, then maybe you should stop incessantly moaning about it on a message board?
When your Varsity team makes Class A State 10 years in a row, your AA Bantam team makes State & AA PeeWee team makes State & finishes 2nd...How in the world can you justify staying in Single A (after 2018-2019)??? Don’t you realize that your small mindedness is cheating some really talented players from a shot at playing for the BIG PRIZE? I was lucky enough to have a son play in the AA State Tourney & the accomplishment of GETTING THEIR...is what was most gratifying! To quote a line in a Tom Hanks movie “It’s suppose to be hard” (to advance to AA STATE) “The hard is what makes it GREAT!” It’s not a birth right for HT players to play for the little prize all 3 or 4 years of HS. Wake up and grow some stones...
Hermantown would definitely be in the top 2/3 every single year like clock work. CEC would become an outsider routinely outside the the top 4 in the section semi-finals. We would have our moments/stretches though. =)
Do you think Hermantown will be better than East, Andover, and CEC this year?
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck

hockey59
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:01 pm

Re: Re:

Post by hockey59 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Goose21 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:18 pm
kniven wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:59 am
hockey59 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:39 am
When your Varsity team makes Class A State 10 years in a row, your AA Bantam team makes State & AA PeeWee team makes State & finishes 2nd...How in the world can you justify staying in Single A (after 2018-2019)??? Don’t you realize that your small mindedness is cheating some really talented players from a shot at playing for the BIG PRIZE? I was lucky enough to have a son play in the AA State Tourney & the accomplishment of GETTING THEIR...is what was most gratifying! To quote a line in a Tom Hanks movie “It’s suppose to be hard” (to advance to AA STATE) “The hard is what makes it GREAT!” It’s not a birth right for HT players to play for the little prize all 3 or 4 years of HS. Wake up and grow some stones...
Hermantown would definitely be in the top 2/3 every single year like clock work. CEC would become an outsider routinely outside the the top 4 in the section semi-finals. We would have our moments/stretches though. =)
Do you think Hermantown will be better than East, Andover, and CEC this year?
East - No, Andover - No, Cloquet- maybe. (that said, Cloquet will have a peak team this year) Lost a couple outstanding seniors...but have 2 future D1 players (Gotz & Pierce...who will receive multiple offers down the road) on D and one of the premier players in the State (Biondi) at forward. The clear favorite to win Class A State & hopefully the last year they compete for the little trophy.

Jeffy95
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Re: Re:

Post by Jeffy95 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:33 pm

Goose21 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:18 pm
kniven wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:59 am
hockey59 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:39 am
When your Varsity team makes Class A State 10 years in a row, your AA Bantam team makes State & AA PeeWee team makes State & finishes 2nd...How in the world can you justify staying in Single A (after 2018-2019)??? Don’t you realize that your small mindedness is cheating some really talented players from a shot at playing for the BIG PRIZE? I was lucky enough to have a son play in the AA State Tourney & the accomplishment of GETTING THEIR...is what was most gratifying! To quote a line in a Tom Hanks movie “It’s suppose to be hard” (to advance to AA STATE) “The hard is what makes it GREAT!” It’s not a birth right for HT players to play for the little prize all 3 or 4 years of HS. Wake up and grow some stones...
Hermantown would definitely be in the top 2/3 every single year like clock work. CEC would become an outsider routinely outside the the top 4 in the section semi-finals. We would have our moments/stretches though. =)
Do you think Hermantown will be better than East, Andover, and CEC this year?
Probably not this year. But most years moving forward they will be. They will start a 5-6 year run starting next year where they will be among the top 2-3 teams in the state. We all know about Biondi, and they have a very talented sophomore class this year led by Joey Pierce from Ely, Cole Antcliff from Proctor and Ethan Lund from Hayward, WI. How quickly they can get that group up to speed will be key for this year. They will need good Senior leadership out of Darian Gotz from Hibbing and Elliott Peterson from Hermantown. We will be watching Hermantown and Greenway in the 7A final this year in what should be a good matchup.

greenwayraider
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:54 pm
Location: Bovey

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by greenwayraider » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:55 pm

If Hermantown were AA this year they would be in the top three because Andover would more than likely be in 5AA.

Goose21
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: Re:

Post by Goose21 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:48 pm

hockey59 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:01 pm
Goose21 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:18 pm
kniven wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:59 am


Hermantown would definitely be in the top 2/3 every single year like clock work. CEC would become an outsider routinely outside the the top 4 in the section semi-finals. We would have our moments/stretches though. =)
Do you think Hermantown will be better than East, Andover, and CEC this year?
East - No, Andover - No, Cloquet- maybe. (that said, Cloquet will have a peak team this year) Lost a couple outstanding seniors...but have 2 future D1 players (Gotz & Pierce...who will receive multiple offers down the road) on D and one of the premier players in the State (Biondi) at forward. The clear favorite to win Class A State & hopefully the last year they compete for the little trophy.
I would probably rate them 4th just behind CEC this season. The CEC BAA team was tops in the North last season. Hermantown beat out East (who down a couple players) to make state, which should make it an interesting battle in 7AA in a couple years if H-Town opts up. Rapids is close behind.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck

Section 8 guy
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:04 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Section 8 guy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:18 am

Stray call from left field. How good Hermantown is going to be this year is being overstated in this thread. Could be wrong.....but that’s my call.

That guy for that thing
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:54 pm
Location: Hinckley

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by That guy for that thing » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:50 pm

Section 8 guy wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:18 am
Stray call from left field. How good Hermantown is going to be this year is being overstated in this thread. Could be wrong.....but that’s my call.
I am not saying we are not overstating, or that we are overstating, but they do have 4 kids on the 7A/AA All-Preseason team.

2018-19 CBS 3 Section 7AA/7A All-Preseason High School Boys Hockey Team

First Team
F — Ricky Lyle, Duluth East senior
F — Blake Biondi, Hermantown junior (Bulldogs recruit)
F — Ryder Donovan, Duluth East senior (North Dakota recruit)
D — Darian Gotz, Hermantown senior (Bulldogs recruit)
D — Joey Pierce, Hermantown sophomore
G — Cole Manahan, Hermantown senior

Second Team
F — Gavin Rasmussen, Cloquet senior
F — Logan Anderson, Duluth East junior
F — Donte Lawson, Greenway senior
D — Frederick Hunter Paine, Duluth East senior
D — Jack Peart, Grand Rapids sophomore
G — Carter Clafton, Greenway sophomore

Preseason Player of the Year
F — Blake Biondi, Hermantown


Now, this is a "All-Preseason team, so its not a great representation of the kids summer development, but still something to utilize for speculation.

Link for other reading.

https://cbs3duluth.com/sport/high-schoo ... -the-year/

greenwayraider
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:54 pm
Location: Bovey

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by greenwayraider » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Carter Clafton is from Rapids not Greenway. I doubt Hibbing will end up any higher than a six or seven seed.

MWS coach
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by MWS coach » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:37 pm

That guy for that thing wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:50 pm
Section 8 guy wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:18 am
Stray call from left field. How good Hermantown is going to be this year is being overstated in this thread. Could be wrong.....but that’s my call.
I am not saying we are not overstating, or that we are overstating, but they do have 4 kids on the 7A/AA All-Preseason team.

2018-19 CBS 3 Section 7AA/7A All-Preseason High School Boys Hockey Team

First Team
F — Ricky Lyle, Duluth East senior
F — Blake Biondi, Hermantown junior (Bulldogs recruit)
F — Ryder Donovan, Duluth East senior (North Dakota recruit)
D — Darian Gotz, Hermantown senior (Bulldogs recruit)
D — Joey Pierce, Hermantown sophomore
G — Cole Manahan, Hermantown senior

Second Team
F — Gavin Rasmussen, Cloquet senior
F — Logan Anderson, Duluth East junior
F — Donte Lawson, Greenway senior
D — Frederick Hunter Paine, Duluth East senior
D — Jack Peart, Grand Rapids sophomore
G — Carter Clafton, Greenway sophomore

Preseason Player of the Year
F — Blake Biondi, Hermantown


Now, this is a "All-Preseason team, so its not a great representation of the kids summer development, but still something to utilize for speculation.

Link for other reading.

https://cbs3duluth.com/sport/high-schoo ... -the-year/
Very clear written by a 218 Duluth writer. No one south of CEC on this list, clearly the writer never travels south out of 218! While the three sophomores' are all very good players, picking them as a section all star is a little bold without playing a game in HS. Guessing there are a few Huskies that should be on this list as well.

Jeffy95
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Jeffy95 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:53 pm

MWS coach wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:37 pm
That guy for that thing wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:50 pm
Section 8 guy wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:18 am
Stray call from left field. How good Hermantown is going to be this year is being overstated in this thread. Could be wrong.....but that’s my call.
I am not saying we are not overstating, or that we are overstating, but they do have 4 kids on the 7A/AA All-Preseason team.

2018-19 CBS 3 Section 7AA/7A All-Preseason High School Boys Hockey Team

First Team
F — Ricky Lyle, Duluth East senior
F — Blake Biondi, Hermantown junior (Bulldogs recruit)
F — Ryder Donovan, Duluth East senior (North Dakota recruit)
D — Darian Gotz, Hermantown senior (Bulldogs recruit)
D — Joey Pierce, Hermantown sophomore
G — Cole Manahan, Hermantown senior

Second Team
F — Gavin Rasmussen, Cloquet senior
F — Logan Anderson, Duluth East junior
F — Donte Lawson, Greenway senior
D — Frederick Hunter Paine, Duluth East senior
D — Jack Peart, Grand Rapids sophomore
G — Carter Clafton, Greenway sophomore

Preseason Player of the Year
F — Blake Biondi, Hermantown


Now, this is a "All-Preseason team, so its not a great representation of the kids summer development, but still something to utilize for speculation.

Link for other reading.

https://cbs3duluth.com/sport/high-schoo ... -the-year/
Very clear written by a 218 Duluth writer. No one south of CEC on this list, clearly the writer never travels south out of 218! While the three sophomores' are all very good players, picking them as a section all star is a little bold without playing a game in HS. Guessing there are a few Huskies that should be on this list as well.
Joey Pierce will have his pick of Division 1 Programs, he definitely belongs on this list. He will be the 5th D1 Player from the last four teams that Hermantown was able to pull in from other programs. One was an NHL draft pick as well. Very impressive for a small town, community based, Class A program. You have to give them credit.

MWS coach
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by MWS coach » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:53 pm
MWS coach wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:37 pm
That guy for that thing wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:50 pm


I am not saying we are not overstating, or that we are overstating, but they do have 4 kids on the 7A/AA All-Preseason team.

2018-19 CBS 3 Section 7AA/7A All-Preseason High School Boys Hockey Team

First Team
F — Ricky Lyle, Duluth East senior
F — Blake Biondi, Hermantown junior (Bulldogs recruit)
F — Ryder Donovan, Duluth East senior (North Dakota recruit)
D — Darian Gotz, Hermantown senior (Bulldogs recruit)
D — Joey Pierce, Hermantown sophomore
G — Cole Manahan, Hermantown senior

Second Team
F — Gavin Rasmussen, Cloquet senior
F — Logan Anderson, Duluth East junior
F — Donte Lawson, Greenway senior
D — Frederick Hunter Paine, Duluth East senior
D — Jack Peart, Grand Rapids sophomore
G — Carter Clafton, Greenway sophomore

Preseason Player of the Year
F — Blake Biondi, Hermantown


Now, this is a "All-Preseason team, so its not a great representation of the kids summer development, but still something to utilize for speculation.

Link for other reading.

https://cbs3duluth.com/sport/high-schoo ... -the-year/
Very clear written by a 218 Duluth writer. No one south of CEC on this list, clearly the writer never travels south out of 218! While the three sophomores' are all very good players, picking them as a section all star is a little bold without playing a game in HS. Guessing there are a few Huskies that should be on this list as well.
Joey Pierce will have his pick of Division 1 Programs, he definitely belongs on this list. He will be the 5th D1 Player from the last four teams that Hermantown was able to pull in from other programs. One was an NHL draft pick as well. Very impressive for a small town, community based, Class A program. You have to give them credit.
As I said, all very good players and don't disagree that JP will play D1, but is he top 2 D in section 7A/AA is a little bit of a reach for me as a sophmore. There a several D men in the section that I would place above him for this season, maybe not long term potential, but for the upcoming season, um yeah. Just my opinion, but I guess I have a broader view of section 7A/AA outside of 218! :lol:

Post Reply