Hockey Day 2019

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BSUBeaver
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:24 pm
Contact:

Post by BSUBeaver » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:04 am

The Wild host Columbus at 8 PM on January 19th. The 12th, they host Detroit, but at 7 PM and there is nothing on the 26th.

Topcheese08
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:19 am

Hockey day.

Post by Topcheese08 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:51 pm

I have noticed on Cloquet’s schedule that they play in Bemidji on January 26th.. Could this perhaps be the unofficial/official hockey day matchup?

elliott70
Posts: 12210
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: Hockey day.

Post by elliott70 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:20 pm

Topcheese08 wrote:I have noticed on Cloquet’s schedule that they play in Bemidji on January 26th.. Could this perhaps be the unofficial/official hockey day matchup?
no

kniven
Posts: 1973
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Re: Hockey day.

Post by kniven » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:56 am

elliott70 wrote:
Topcheese08 wrote:I have noticed on Cloquet’s schedule that they play in Bemidji on January 26th.. Could this perhaps be the unofficial/official hockey day matchup?
no
CEC just recently played in Hockey Day in Elk River. Maybe in 10-20 years we'll get another shot at it...

blueblood
Posts: 2127
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 2:36 pm
Location: Tonka

HDM

Post by blueblood » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:56 pm

maybe sooner if C-E-C is the host
Play Like a Champion Today

kniven
Posts: 1973
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Re: HDM

Post by kniven » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:12 am

blueblood wrote:maybe sooner if C-E-C is the host
That would be very cool. I highly doubt we would ever host though.

Topcheese08
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:19 am

Post by Topcheese08 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:04 pm

It’s been a few months since I’ve been in the Cloquet area but I just can’t think of a place that could be used for an event that big in that area.

kniven
Posts: 1973
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Post by kniven » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:18 pm

Topcheese08 wrote:It’s been a few months since I’ve been in the Cloquet area but I just can’t think of a place that could be used for an event that big in that area.
Maybe Chub lake in Carlton.

HockeyFan_11
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:20 pm

Post by HockeyFan_11 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Greenway vs Bemidji
Minnetonka vs Andover

Was just announced by FSN

Goose21
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by Goose21 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:00 pm

Thursday January 17
Bemidji HS girls vs Woodbury


Friday January 18
BSU men vs Michigan Tech (outdoors)

Saturday January 19
Minnetonka vs Andover
BSU Women vs Minnesota State
Bemidji vs Greenway

BSU vs Michigan Tech (Sanford Center)

Wild Vs. Columbus
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck

kniven
Posts: 1973
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Esko

Post by kniven » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:16 pm

HockeyFan_11 wrote:Greenway vs Bemidji
Minnetonka vs Andover

Was just announced by FSN
Awesome!

JerseyDave
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:22 am

Post by JerseyDave » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Game times are below. The women's college game gets the 1 p.m. spot:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 19
Minnetonka vs. Andover @ 9:30 a.m.
Minnetonka and Andover head coaches speak at Hockey Day announcement:
https://youtu.be/SeDQfRAkjB8?t=33m54s

Bemidji vs. Greenway @ 4:30 p.m.
Bemidji and Greenway head coaches speak, but you can't hear anything. The stream freezes, and then the video resumes without audio:
https://youtu.be/SeDQfRAkjB8?t=41m50s
Last edited by JerseyDave on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenwayraider
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:54 pm
Location: Bovey

Post by greenwayraider » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:03 am

Exciting news for Raider hockey. I’m pretty good at reading lips and I believe Coach Clafton said that he was going to spend the month of July in Europe working for a high school foreign exchange organization. He will be promoting the cultural and educational benefits of attending a small Northern Minnesota high school.

ShakestheClown
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:11 pm

Post by ShakestheClown » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:03 pm

greenwayraider wrote:Exciting news for Raider hockey. I’m pretty good at reading lips and I believe Coach Clafton said that he was going to spend the month of July in Europe working for a high school foreign exchange organization. He will be promoting the cultural and educational benefits of attending a small Northern Minnesota high school.
:lol:

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6538
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:28 am

Post by MNHockeyFan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:07 pm

JerseyDave wrote:Game times are below. The women's college game gets the 1 p.m. spot:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 19
Minnetonka vs. Andover @ 9:30 a.m.
Minnetonka and Andover head coaches speak at Hockey Day announcement:
https://youtu.be/SeDQfRAkjB8?t=33m54s

Bemidji vs. Greenway @ 4:30 p.m.
Bemidji and Greenway head coaches speak, but you can't hear anything. The stream freezes, and then the video resumes without audio:
https://youtu.be/SeDQfRAkjB8?t=41m50s
https://www.uscho.com/2018/07/01/bemidj ... sota-2019/

BSUBeaver
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:24 pm
Contact:

Post by BSUBeaver » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:41 pm

Goose21 wrote:Thursday January 17
Bemidji HS girls vs Woodbury


Friday January 18
BSU men vs Michigan Tech (outdoors)

Saturday January 19
Minnetonka vs Andover
BSU Women vs Minnesota State
Bemidji vs Greenway

BSU vs Michigan Tech (Sanford Center)

Wild Vs. Columbus
Neither of the BSU men's games will be on TV. I could possibly see the Thursday night girls HS game being tape delayed on Saturday after the Wild game since FSN typically shows a HS girls game during Hockey Day Minnesota.

BSUBeaver
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:24 pm
Contact:

Post by BSUBeaver » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Ticket Information

Tickets for the Thursday and Saturday of Hockey Day Minnesota Bemidji will not go on sale until October and will be available through the Sanford Center ticket office or Ticketmaster once available. Tickets for the BSU men’s game Friday night will be available through BSU/Sanford Center when BSU men’s hockey tickets go on sale.

What is the cost?
Ticket prices for Thursday and Sunday will be announced in October. Ticket prices for BSU Men’s hockey game Friday night will be determined by BSU.

Goose21
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by Goose21 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:15 pm

BSUBeaver wrote:
Goose21 wrote:Thursday January 17
Bemidji HS girls vs Woodbury


Friday January 18
BSU men vs Michigan Tech (outdoors)

Saturday January 19
Minnetonka vs Andover
BSU Women vs Minnesota State
Bemidji vs Greenway

BSU vs Michigan Tech (Sanford Center)

Wild Vs. Columbus
Neither of the BSU men's games will be on TV. I could possibly see the Thursday night girls HS game being tape delayed on Saturday after the Wild game since FSN typically shows a HS girls game during Hockey Day Minnesota.
That is possible. I believe during the announcement they said those games would not be telecasted, but they would show highlights during HDM coverage.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck

Post Reply