16 Minnesota kids make 2019 NHL Draft Mid Term list including a few HS kids

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Stang5280

Re: 16 Minnesota kids make 2019 NHL Draft Mid Term list including a few HS kids

Post by Stang5280 »

You have to wonder how Donovan was regarded prior to the season. I’m sure his stock has tumbled somewhat, but he still has such an enticing combination of size and skating ability that scouts crave. I’m likewise surprised to see Brodzinski so far down the list given his production and size, but there’s still some time for his stock to rise.
612hockeytown

Post by 612hockeytown »

I believe many are realizing that he is a playmaker and not a pure scorer. My two cents. I think many thought he would carry the magnificent load this year (they lost a ton last year) and frankly that’s not him. He needs more talent around him so he can feed the puck. I could be wrong, but him and Worth were like PB & J. Still I thought he would dominate high school hockey with that size regardless. He hasn’t (yet).
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Thanks 612 for the share...
612hockeytown

Post by 612hockeytown »

YouthHockeyHub wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:30 pm Thanks 612 for the share...
Credit given where it’s seen first YHH! Searched out the full list afterwards. Nice to see Minnesota getting good representation.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

Stang5280 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:18 pm You have to wonder how Donovan was regarded prior to the season. I’m sure his stock has tumbled somewhat, but he still has such an enticing combination of size and skating ability that scouts crave. I’m likewise surprised to see Brodzinski so far down the list given his production and size, but there’s still some time for his stock to rise.
Has he made a decision on his college choice yet? Is there any chance he is considering the Major Junior route?
That guy for that thing

Post by That guy for that thing »

WarmUpTheBus wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:49 pm
Stang5280 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:18 pm You have to wonder how Donovan was regarded prior to the season. I’m sure his stock has tumbled somewhat, but he still has such an enticing combination of size and skating ability that scouts crave. I’m likewise surprised to see Brodzinski so far down the list given his production and size, but there’s still some time for his stock to rise.
Has he made a decision on his college choice yet? Is there any chance he is considering the Major Junior route?
Maybe he goes and teams up with Garret Worth. Might spark his production as well. These two guys remind me of the Spehar/Locker combo from the 90's. Not quite in how they scored, but in how well they worked together.