Forest Lake at Duluth East

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Forest Lake
12%
Duluth East
41%
Duluth East by a lot
41%
tie
6%

Total votes: 17

elliott70

Forest Lake at Duluth East

Post by elliott70 »

Who wins?
Usthockey13

Re: Forest Lake at Duluth East

Post by Usthockey13 »

I think the Hounds right the ship and win. But will probably be a close game.
That guy for that thing

Post by That guy for that thing »

I think we have one of two things happen, and it will be decisive for indicative of the rest of the season.

Flake wins: A Flake win in Heritage is a season ender, IMO, for the hounds. If that happens, I see Rand saying, "Ya know what seniors, I gave you a chance, and you blew it, I am going to play the best kids, but not care about rolling 4 lines. You all can't finish a game out in the regular season against 3 teams that you should be crushing, good luck against the good teams, let's get the sophomores ready for next year." The towel is thrown, whoop-dee-do. Flake on the other hand, will have a fairly good win under their belt and may slip up into the 3 or 4 spot in the section, depending on where DE falls and how Rapids and Cloquet finish their season, but it would definitely help Flakes QRF and possibly get them a home QF game.

East Wins Big: It will be a blowout. I won't call the shut out, as the DE goalies seem to let a semi-soft goal in the first few shots of the game, they have a tendency to not be 100% prepared and I see that going all the way back to Meierhoff. Donovan gets his head back intact, and Lyle and Anderson start producing better than the two of them did last year. This team takes off and rolls all the way to the coin toss 7AA Final.
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

That guy for that thing wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:20 pmYou all can't finish a game out in the regular season against 3 teams that you should be crushing,
You think East should have crushed Moorhead?
That guy for that thing

Section 8 guy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:07 pm
That guy for that thing wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:20 pmYou all can't finish a game out in the regular season against 3 teams that you should be crushing,
Not crushed, but for the sake of a coach getting after his team, its an emphasis point that cuts deep, and we all know from that infamous phone-gate skate last year, Rand likes to be a bit dramatic with his lectures/punishments.
kniven

Post by kniven »

That guy for that thing wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:12 pm
Section 8 guy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:07 pm
Not crushed, but for the sake of a coach getting after his team, its an emphasis point that cuts deep, and we all know from that infamous phone-gate skate last year, Rand likes to be a bit dramatic with his lectures/punishments.
Hmm. Forest Lake seems to score the puck pretty well and give up too many goals in lesser competition than Duluth East plays. But good for Forest Lake! This way tough serious scheduling stuff is bull squat if you ask me. Win the games on your schedule and a team will always play a better team on paper regardless of their SOS. Win and get better even if you win. “If you think your good enough, then you need to retire”! Get better regardless of who’s on your schedule. And identify the games pre-season where your opponent will have more talent. Just get better!!!!!!!

Any who. Ricky Lyle is my favorite non-CEC hockey player in my little world. Ricky is tough on opponents on the ice as well as on himself and teammates. Those Duluth East Greyhounds. I don’t trust the recent slide. They will be fine when it counts. It doesn’t count “squat” right now accept to us high school hockey nerds. My boys in purple and the black, or dark side off the force. Both teams will be ready for when it matters. I just really hope my Cloquet, Esko, and Carlton boys move on WHEN IT MATTERS 👍
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
That guy for that thing

Well its 4-1 East. Flake is 1-1 on their shots.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

That guy for that thing wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:56 pm Well its 4-1 East. Flake is 1-1 on their shots.
5-2 now. East goalie doesn't have a save yet. :oops:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

east hockey wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:15 pm
That guy for that thing wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:56 pm Well its 4-1 East. Flake is 1-1 on their shots.
5-2 now. East goalie doesn't have a save yet. :oops:

Lee
Hearing Flakes's main gun is out... could have been really ugly. 😜
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

8-3 final. The Hounds found some offense tonight, Fitzgerald getting the hat trick.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Good showing offensively from East, which they needed; 4 points for Donovan and scoring up and down the lineup in addition to the Fitzgerald hat trick. The defense was a little shoddy on the goals and Flake finished when they got those chances (it was 2 goals on 2 shots until midway through the 2nd), so that's the only real grounds for complaint in this one. Both teams had incomplete lineups with Saltness out for Flake and Baker and Jones out for East. Josie Bothun came in after the first and was the better of the two Flake net-minders.

Sounds like Randolph made whatever point he needed to make in the Moorhead game and the team has regrouped some. Perhaps we can stop with the sky-is-falling panic, though that does make for far better theater. :lol:
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Did Josie start and play two periods? Or did she come in after the first? Both gave up 4.

I see Rabold gave up 3 on 13 shots. Must have been sleepy on that end?
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

She came in after the 1st period. Yea i think it was one of those games where long stretches of no action and then comes a couple bad d-zone plays by the hounds
Slapper Al

Post by Slapper Al »

What is wrong with Saltness? Hopefully for Flake he isn't out for an extended period of time.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

Was serving a game suspension from the previous game.