Roseau vs. Warroad

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

Roseau vs. Warroad

Post by karl(east) »

I figured this game deserved a little more recognition given that they played when no one else would or could. Tons of respect to our friends up in the northwest!

https://apatientcycle.com/2019/01/29/th ... ld-cancel/
WestMetro

Re: Roseau vs. Warroad

Post by WestMetro »

Well done Karl and well done boys !
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

Nicely done, Karl. That was a fitting tribute, right down to the title. It’s always a weird feeling when you can’t wait to get into the arena to warm up!
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Stang5280 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:40 pm Nicely done, Karl. That was a fitting tribute, right down to the title. It’s always a weird feeling when you can’t wait to get into the arena to warm up!
Great article Karl! Keep 'em coming!
CanAm Hockey

Post by CanAm Hockey »

Nice article, Karl. What an awesome rivalry. No matter if one team is way better on paper or not, it is anybody's game whenever they square off. These games are played on pure emotion.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Great article Karl! I'm sure there are many proud papa's up there.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Great article Karl. This rivalry has a 30 for 30 in it's near future. GB
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Karl quoted in the Star Tribune!

Well done!!

http://m.startribune.com/the-game-that- ... 505081692/
Goose21

Post by Goose21 »

GoldenBear wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:45 am Great article Karl. This rivalry has a 30 for 30 in it's near future. GB
What if I told you the State of Hockey’s biggest rivalry took place between two of its smallest school?
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

What if I told you the State of Hockey’s biggest rivalry took place between two of its smallest school?
I just sent the article and your quote to a friend who has produced a previous 30 in 30 for ESPN. GB
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It's always fun to write something that really blows up, and this one has really, really blown up. It's already the third most-viewed piece in my blog's nearly 6-year history, and I expect it will go blowing past the two that are still ahead of it in short order.
Stang5280 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:40 pm Nicely done, Karl. That was a fitting tribute, right down to the title. It’s always a weird feeling when you can’t wait to get into the arena to warm up!
I appreciate this, since I finished the piece and then spent about 10 minutes staring blankly at the title box trying to find something fitting. :lol: The joys of being both the author and the editor...
northwoods oldtimer

karl(east) wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:20 pm Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It's always fun to write something that really blows up, and this one has really, really blown up. It's already the third most-viewed piece in my blog's nearly 6-year history, and I expect it will go blowing past the two that are still ahead of it in short order.
I appreciate this, since I finished the piece and then spent about 10 minutes staring blankly at the title box trying to find something fitting. :lol: The joys of being both the author and the editor...
Not too shabby accolades Karl.
Other than DJ it appears some folks enjoy the storied rivalry. :lol: :lol: =D> =D>
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Karl- this should be enough to get your press
Credentials restored at the X?????
Goose21

Post by Goose21 »

GoldenBear wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:08 pm
I just sent the article and your quote to a friend who has produced a previous 30 in 30 for ESPN. GB
That is a fun connection to have. I’m sure the minds atESPN will come up with a more creative tag line. With all the ties to high school hockey, team USA, the NHL there is certainly a story to be told.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

WestMetro wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:22 pm Karl- this should be enough to get your press
Credentials restored at the X?????
Nah, Youth Hockey Hub is credentialed again this year, but only for two, which will be taken by the actual paid staff (Tony and Peter, deservedly so). I suppose I could apply on my own and have half a chance, but then I'd have to abandon Danny down among the civilians, and frankly I have more fun when I'm in the stands anyway. There's certainly a convenience factor to the press box (no lines, can tweet from a computer instead of a rapidly draining phone, cookies), but you definitely lose something in atmosphere, and we've developed work-arounds for many of those issues, and YHH is covering the tickets. I'm content where I am.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

northwoods oldtimer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:34 pm
karl(east) wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:20 pm Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It's always fun to write something that really blows up, and this one has really, really blown up. It's already the third most-viewed piece in my blog's nearly 6-year history, and I expect it will go blowing past the two that are still ahead of it in short order.
Other than DJ it appears some folks enjoy the storied rivalry. :lol: :lol: =D> =D>
I’m sure I would enjoy the game, but it is not the best rivalry. You heard it on the podcast from a Roseau player. Moorhead is their rival not Warroad.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
7TIMECHAMPS

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS »

TheHockeyDJ wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:36 pm
northwoods oldtimer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:34 pm

I’m sure I would enjoy the game, but it is not the best rivalry. You heard it on the podcast from a Roseau player. Moorhead is their rival not Warroad.
I love how the guy talking smack about the rivalry has admittedly never been and has no knowledge of local culture/tradition.

Roseau/Bemidji game tomorrow postponed. Seems odd since according to DJ’s theory Bemidji is a bigger rival for Roseau. They are a section opponent after all. Also the closest section opponent (even if it is 130 miles). Maybe I can find a video online to help me form an expert opinion LOL.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

A user on the board who did attend last year pm’d me and said they were disappointed, the building was not full and again, a Roseau player (who actually plays in the game) said it isn’t a big deal anymore. Again, a player. A player. A player. A player. A player. All arguments are destroyed by when a player says Warroad isn’t as much a rival as Moorhead. DESTROYED!
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

TheHockeyDJ wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:20 pm A user on the board who did attend last year pm’d me and said they were disappointed, the building was not full and again, a Roseau player (who actually plays in the game) said it isn’t a big deal anymore. Again, a player. A player. A player. A player. A player. All arguments are destroyed by when a player says Warroad isn’t as much a rival as Moorhead. DESTROYED!
Methinks you were missing the snide, tongue-in-cheek nature of Aaron's comment.
northwoods oldtimer

TheHockeyDJ wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:20 pm A user on the board who did attend last year pm’d me and said they were disappointed, the building was not full and again, a Roseau player (who actually plays in the game) said it isn’t a big deal anymore. Again, a player. A player. A player. A player. A player. All arguments are destroyed by when a player says Warroad isn’t as much a rival as Moorhead. DESTROYED!
DJ back off on the equipoise injections lol

"momma don't let your babies grow up to be DJ's.
"They'll rip on them Warriors and slam on them Rams.........."