The Hermantown Thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

rainier2

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by rainier2 »

pekyman wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:00 am Article on Hockey Hub:
"In the land of giants, small-school Mahtomedi celebrates its oft-overlooked achievements"
Mahtomedi a 1,100 student Class A HS in the upper-class east side Twin Cities metro area of 3.6 million.
Mahtomedi is almost double the size of Hermantown and in a much larger, wealthier community.
Hibbing/Virginia and maybe even Denfeld, if it was in 7A you would never get by it.
Just pointing out your next target after HT gets out of your way.
Class A is bigger than 7A on the depressed range.

By the way, A Class A school is determined by the size of the SCHOOL, not the wealth or size of the City/Suburb/Town that it is in.
If you don't like it talk to the MNSHSL and get it changed.
Thanks for the heads up, Peky!

Please make sure to contact an angry Mahtomedi defender and pass along your debate "strategies" My favorites are:
-Lie and tell everyone that your school doesn't allow open enrollment.
-Call outstate programs "crappy" because they can't beat a suburban team like your Hawks.
-Make vicious personal attacks, complete with cursing, so threads you don't like will be locked.
-Its okay to rip on metro privates for dominating in A, but get super angry when others rip on your metro area school for doing the exact same.
-Deny claims of recruiting, even when the claim has been published publicly by your youth program.

As an additional training tool, make sure to give them a copy of "Pekyman's Greatest Hits:The STA Years", which includes the following actual posts of yours:
-"STA beats #2 ranked AA HM 2-1. Bet they wish they could go to AA this year."
-"I for one am waiting patiently for HSHW’s “Rags to Riches” plan.This plan will enable any small community hockey program to be transformed into an elite small community program in a short order.With this plan, small community teams will quickly be able to ramp up their programs and compete with the AA big boys as STA did."
-"How about these 2 classy wins; they were not even section games not that matters: Feb 9: STA over 4A-Simley 13-1 Feb 12: STA over 2A-Richfield 16-0 I understand they needed to get over their 4-4 tie with Tartan but... Imo, classy teams figure out how to keep it to a 10 or under goal differential."
-"I heard that the kid who scored the GWG came from WISCONSIN. Is that actually true?" (In reference to Tommy Novak)
-"HSHW, arguing that a private school is on the same level playing field as a Class A public school is beyond comprehension. You would have a better shot at trying to convince people that the sky is not blue. I know you need to do it so that you can feel proud of what your team has accomplished."
-" STA had 9 players in the Elite League and the rest in Elite D, more than any other program A or AA. Move up you sandbagging trophy chasing pusses."

Armed with your angry, uber-hypocritical techniques, any Mahtomedi fan will be fully prepared to defend themselves against myself and the other whiners who support "crappy" small-town programs. 8)
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

rainier2 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:34 pm
"In the land of giants, small-school Mahtomedi celebrates its oft-overlooked achievements"
Mahtomedi a 1,100 student Class A HS in the upper-class east side Twin Cities metro area of 3.6 million.
Mahtomedi is almost double the size of Hermantown and in a much larger, wealthier community.
Hibbing/Virginia and maybe even Denfeld, if it was in 7A you would never get by it.

By the way, A Class A school is determined by the size of the SCHOOL, not the wealth or size of the City/Suburb/Town that it is in.

Please make sure to contact an angry Mahtomedi defender and pass along your debate "strategies" My favorites are:
-Call outstate programs "crappy" because they can't beat a suburban team like your Hawks.
-Make vicious personal attacks, complete with cursing, so threads you don't like will be locked.
-Its okay to rip on metro privates for dominating in A, but get super angry when others rip on your metro area school for doing the exact same.
-Deny claims of recruiting, even when the claim has been published publicly by your youth program.

As an additional training tool, make sure to give them a copy of "Pekyman's Greatest Hits:The STA Years", which includes the following actual posts of yours:
-"I for one am waiting patiently for HSHW’s “Rags to Riches” plan.This plan will enable any small community hockey program to be transformed into an elite small community program in a short order.With this plan, small community teams will quickly be able to ramp up their programs and compete with the AA big boys as STA did."
-"How about these 2 classy wins; they were not even section games not that matters: Feb 9: STA over 4A-Simley 13-1 Feb 12: STA over 2A-Richfield 16-0 I understand they needed to get over their 4-4 tie with Tartan but... Imo, classy teams figure out how to keep it to a 10 or under goal differential."
-"I heard that the kid who scored the GWG came from WISCONSIN. Is that actually true?" (In reference to Tommy Novak)
-"HSHW, arguing that a private school is on the same level playing field as a Class A public school is beyond comprehension. You would have a better shot at trying to convince people that the sky is not blue. I know you need to do it so that you can feel proud of what your team has accomplished."
-" STA had 9 players in the Elite League and the rest in Elite D, more than any other program A or AA. Move up you sandbagging trophy chasing pusses."

Armed with your angry, uber-hypocritical techniques, any Mahtomedi fan will be fully prepared to defend themselves against myself and the other whiners who support "crappy" small-town programs. 8)
Our old debates with HSHW... Outstanding post!
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

MrBoDangles wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:18 pm
rainier2 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Our old debates with HSHW... Outstanding post!
I stand by everything I said. Private schools should all be in AA. Different animal than a public school. I really could care less how many titles Mahomedi wins. By definition they are a class A school. You need to devise a system that deals with the STA’s, HT’s and soon to be Mahtomedi’s of the class A world. Public opinion is not a system and Beth Clark is a piece of work. I would start by getting all private’s out of A. Then some guidelines like if you win 1 then your AA for the next year. I don’t know what it is but MSHSL should do something if it is such a big issue.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Poor Mahtomedi should start complaining about school half it’s size from Hicksville north of hinckley has such an unfair advantage over them. They recruit and have open enrollment and are from a huge metro area it’s not fair!
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

I would say 2-1 OT victory I am correct it should be you next target.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

pekyman wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:20 pm I would say 2-1 OT victory I am correct it should be you next target.
Believe me, they won’t be the target for say 10 years. Kind of like where Hermantown was in 2007 [-X Right now there is just ONE world champion SANDBAGGING team. =D>
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

hockey59 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:35 pm
pekyman wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:20 pm I would say 2-1 OT victory I am correct it should be you next target.
Believe me, they won’t be the target for say 10 years. Kind of like where Hermantown was in 2007 [-X Right now there is just ONE world champion SANDBAGGING team. =D>
Good one!
Bigfoot12

Post by Bigfoot12 »

The single A state tourney is great hockey and very competitive. Please get rid of Hermantown so a 7A team can go to state......... and get beat 10-0. Get realistic kids
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Bigfoot12 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:34 pm The single A state tourney is great hockey and very competitive. Please get rid of Hermantown so a 7A team can go to state......... and get beat 10-0. Get realistic kids
Boom
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

Bigfoot12 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:34 pm The single A state tourney is great hockey and very competitive. Please get rid of Hermantown so a 7A team can go to state......... and get beat 10-0. Get realistic kids
Here it is again, folks. The issue, according to these Hermantown guys, is not that Hermantown is too good, it's that all the other teams in 7A are terrible.

Greenway beat Alexandria this season, but lost to SCC and EGF by 2 goals each, so of course they would lose 10-0 at state.

A few years ago, Hibbing went 22-3, only losing to state champs Hermantown and GR, and #3 in A SC Apollo, but, according to our Hermantown fans, they would have lost 10-0 at state.

The best (worst) part of these Hermantown guys is that not only do they enjoy kicking butt in A, but they also love rubbing it in. Their favorite team is good enough to be a AA power, yet they continue to luxuriate in telling other Class A teams how crappy they are.

From their recent posts, we see the core themes clearly:
-We are a small town hockey progam.
-We have NO advantages over outstate Class A teams.
-It's not that we're so good, it's just that you are so crappy.
-What STA did was a crime against humanity, but what we are doing is perfectly acceptable, and how dare you question it.
-What transfers?

While Scott Pionk is so fed up with the sandbagging in Hermantown that he feels the need to testify at a school board meeting (and be interviewed about it in the DNT), Bigfoot and Peky continue to play weak defense for the Class A dominators that play AA throughout youth and beat state AA champions with regularity.
Bigfoot12

Post by Bigfoot12 »

Nobody mentioned crappy. The only team in tthe 218 that can compete with the coties A teams is Hermantowm. Great games with SCC and Mah. 7A cannot compete with thse teams, along with Orono, Alex,Mont,Warroad.Talk all you want about we (almost) beat them or lost by 2 goals. The truth is the cities area single A teams are much better than the northern teams
Bigfoot12

Post by Bigfoot12 »

By the way i know for a fact that Denfeld and Grernway play a AA schedule at the youth level, even though they claim to be a single A team.At the youth level A and AA can play in the same tournies and against each other. The ckassification means nothing
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

Bigfoot12 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:18 pm Nobody mentioned crappy. The only team in tthe 218 that can compete with the coties A teams is Hermantowm. Great games with SCC and Mah. 7A cannot compete with thse teams, along with Orono, Alex,Mont,Warroad.Talk all you want about we (almost) beat them or lost by 2 goals. The truth is the cities area single A teams are much better than the northern teams
Except you're wrong. Over the last few years, the #2-4 teams in 7A have competed just fine with those teams you mentioned. It's not that those teams at state were all that great the last two years, it's that the effort put out by Hermantown looked uninspired, almost as though they weren't excited to be playing A teams after beating the best in AA year after year. Go figure.

7A has regularly had at least two teams in the top ten in A most of the last few season, yet you continue to say how crappy they are. Do you realize how insane you sound?
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

Bigfoot12 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:23 pm By the way i know for a fact that Denfeld and Grernway play a AA schedule at the youth level, even though they claim to be a single A team.At the youth level A and AA can play in the same tournies and against each other. The ckassification means nothing
Except you're even more wrong this time.
-Greenway bantams played AA teams 2 out of 24 games this year. The Pee Wees have played against 2 AA teams.
-Half of Denfeld's bantam schedule is against AA. The Pee Wees have played against 3 AA teams.

I'd say quit while you're ahead Bigfoot, but if you're gonna be keep throwing me meatballs down the center of the plate, I'm gonna keep turning on them.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

rainier2 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:41 pm [quote=Bigfoot12 post_id=729399 time=<a href="tel:1549164202">1549164202</a> user_id=25326]
By the way i know for a fact that Denfeld and Grernway play a AA schedule at the youth level, even though they claim to be a single A team.At the youth level A and AA can play in the same tournies and against each other. The ckassification means nothing
Except you're even more wrong this time.
-Greenway bantams played AA teams 2 out of 24 games this year. The Pee Wees have played against 2 AA teams.
-Half of Denfeld's bantam schedule is against AA. The Pee Wees have played against 3 AA teams.

I'd say quit while you're ahead Bigfoot, but if you're gonna be keep throwing me meatballs down the center of the plate, I'm gonna keep turning on them.
[/quo
You beat me to the response. As a wise man once said “it is better to remain silent and thought of as a fool then to speak and remove all doubt.”
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Bigfoot12 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:18 pm Nobody mentioned crappy. The only team in tthe 218 that can compete with the coties A teams is Hermantowm. Great games with SCC and Mah. 7A cannot compete with thse teams, along with Orono, Alex,Mont,Warroad.Talk all you want about we (almost) beat them or lost by 2 goals. The truth is the cities area single A teams are much better than the northern teams
He’s right rain man been that way for a while now. Adam Johnson was your last hope when he singlehanded almost beat HT in 2010 I think. Been down hill ever sense then talked to many parents that were disgusted with the program.
Work on your program.
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

pekyman wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:09 pm
He’s right rain man been that way for a while now. Adam Johnson was your last hope when he singlehanded almost beat HT in 2010 I think. Been down hill ever sense then talked to many parents that were disgusted with the program.
Work on your program.
Been downhill ever since Johnson? His teams never even cracked the top ten, while since then Hibbing has had top five and top ten seasons with and without Perunovich, respectively.

The difference is that Hermantown got much, much better over this time, as the transfers and open enrollees flooded in. Again, you are convinced that it's not that Hermantown is so good, it is just that 7A teams suck.

You Hermantown guys really are invested in the fantasy world you've built on your minds. Unfortunately, there are actual records, facts, and math that repeatedly unmask your ignorance, deceit, and hypocrisy.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

rainier2 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:51 pm
pekyman wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:09 pm
Work on your program.
Been downhill ever since Johnson? His teams never even cracked the top ten, while since then Hibbing has had top five and top ten seasons with and without Perunovich, respectively.

The difference is that Hermantown got much, much better over this time, as the transfers and open enrollees flooded in. Again, you are convinced that it's not that Hermantown is so good, it is just that 7A teams suck.

You Hermantown guys really are invested in the fantasy world you've built on your minds. Unfortunately, there are actual records, facts, and math that repeatedly unmask your ignorance, deceit, and hypocrisy.
Sorry Denfeld in 2010 was dam good. Hibbing too. Even Proctor had a team. 7A has gone down the crapper. Ht has been able to maintain consistency. I think the crash of 2008 was hard on all the teams in 218.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

This was a crazy article. Mahtomedi is and has been one of the largest class A programs since the two class split. Mahtomedi isn’t exactly Highland Park in term of demographics either. No offense to the Zephyrs but they have probably underachieved given their advantages over the rest of the class A field.

You could have written a much better article about Luverne, New Ulm, Litchfield, Albert Lea, Eveleth, Thief River Falls, or a dozen other class A communities.

FWIW Mahtomedi high school high school has a 5.42% free and reduced lunch rate. I believe it is the lowest f/r of any public high school in the state. By comparison Edina has an 8.52%, Albert Lea is 41% Hermantown is 10.2%, Luverne is 25.49%.

Picking a more affluent school district than Edina with a poor us article😂
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

goldy313 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:40 pm This was a crazy article. Mahtomedi is and has been one of the largest class A programs since the two class split. Mahtomedi isn’t exactly Highland Park in term of demographics either. No offense to the Zephyrs but they have probably underachieved given their advantages over the rest of the class A field.

You could have written a much better article about Luverne, New Ulm, Litchfield, Albert Lea, Eveleth, Thief River Falls, or a dozen other class A communities.

FWIW Mahtomedi high school high school has a 5.42% free and reduced lunch rate. I believe it is the lowest f/r of any public high school in the state. By comparison Edina has an 8.52%, Albert Lea is 41% Hermantown is 10.2%, Luverne is 25.49%.

Picking a more affluent school district than Edina with a poor us article😂
Wouldn’t be too hard on the Zephyrs as for most of their existence they had to get through STAA.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

The difference between a Hermantown and Mahtomedi in economic terms is negligible. The difference between Hermantown, Mahtomedi, and the rest of the public schools in class A is wide.

2018 class A state tournament f/r lunch rates:
Mankato East 47.69
Breck Private
New Ulm 20.55
Mahtomedi 5.42
Monticello 20.15
Alexandria 23.73
Hermantown 10.12
Thief River Falls 31.26

FWIW AA
Lakeville North 7.94
Edina 8.52
STA private
Hill-Murray private
Centennial 14.35
Minnetonka 6.89
Duluth East 16.8
StMA 11.23

By the way the poor us Duluth East fans you are in the top 5% of AA schools.
Rochester has the Mayo Clinic but the 3 public high schools...
Century 27.39
Mayo 30.55
John Marshall 36.82
You can stop with the poor us crap too!
Last edited by goldy313 on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

goldy313 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:51 am The difference between a Hermantown and Mahtomedi in economic terms is negligible. The difference between Hermantown, Mahtomedi, and the rest of the public schools in class A is wide.

2018 class A state tournament f/r lunch rates:
Mankato East 47.69
Breck Private
New Ulm 20.55
Mahtomedi 5.42
Monticello 20.15
Alexandria 23.73
Hermantown 10.12
Thief River Falls 31.26
Well HT free lunch is double Mahtomedi and the school is half the size so it’s a bit more than negligible ..
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Math would argue with you....at least in comparison to the rest of class A.
Bigfoot12

Post by Bigfoot12 »

I guess they great hockey talent isn't coming for the free lunch? What does this have to do with hockey. Are you trying to associate good hockey players with money. Oh i forgot when Hermantown opens the hockey player gate they ask what hhe parents income is.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Bigfoot12 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:23 pm By the way i know for a fact that Denfeld and Grernway play a AA schedule at the youth level, even though they claim to be a single A team.At the youth level A and AA can play in the same tournies and against each other. The ckassification means nothing
What in God’s Green Earth does this have to do with anything? Get back to me when Denfeld and Greenway start being competitive with the elite AA teams in the State :roll: Until then it’s irrelevant to this insane Hermantown discussion, just ask the father of the NHL player from Sandbagtown =D>