The Hermantown Thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Jeffy95

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Jeffy95 »

goldy313 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:51 am The difference between a Hermantown and Mahtomedi in economic terms is negligible. The difference between Hermantown, Mahtomedi, and the rest of the public schools in class A is wide.
Hermantown has the big advantage over them with player movement also. Mahtomedi is surrounded by good AA programs. Kids aren't transferring there for Hockey. Player movement can also have an economic benefit. The wealthy auto dealership owner heading up the committee for a new Arena in Hermantown open enrolls his player from Proctor.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Hermantown desperately needs another sheet of inside ice expecially if they are AA. Jeffy you seem to know everything is that going to happen?
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

pekyman wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:20 pm Hermantown desperately needs another sheet of inside ice expecially if they are AA. Jeffy you seem to know everything is that going to happen?
It was a tough sell and looked unlikely but it's gained momentum and most likely will pass at some point. A couple of the City Council members have kids that play so that doesn't hurt. They will probably need a good chunk of private money to make it happen though. The taxpayers are stretched pretty thin right now.
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

goldy313 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:51 am The difference between a Hermantown and Mahtomedi in economic terms is negligible. The difference between Hermantown, Mahtomedi, and the rest of the public schools in class A is wide.

2018 class A state tournament f/r lunch rates:
Mankato East 47.69
Breck Private
New Ulm 20.55
Mahtomedi 5.42
Monticello 20.15
Alexandria 23.73
Hermantown 10.12
Thief River Falls 31.26
Breck was in the state tournament last year? Awesome, we need to hang another banner!

It was actually Orono as the 2A representative (you might recall them winning the title). I am not sure where you found your precise data, but I saw something around 5.7% from a quick search. Not surprising, it is obviously a wealthy district.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Who read the Mahtomedi article as, "woe is me"?
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

Enough HSHW slander rainier hahaha - he was the ultimate STAA booster, I couldn't hold a candle to his zeal for defending the Cadets.

In terms of the Hawks, I'll reiterate the official line from Mendota Heights: Plante was and is a chump for whining about losing to STAA and other privates, he was just butthurt he couldn't hang as many banners. I'll never forget the glory days of 2010-2015, when the Cakeeaters of St. Louis County lost 6 straight championship games (including three straight to the STAA).

Personal favorite? Gotta be 2013, when Tommy Novak scored the game winner with ~10 seconds left and Hawks nations cried foul over a phantom holding penalty. They REALLY thought that was their year. :lol: :lol:
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

thestickler07 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:05 pm Enough HSHW slander rainier hahaha - he was the ultimate STAA booster, I couldn't hold a candle to his zeal for defending the Cadets.

In terms of the Hawks, I'll reiterate the official line from Mendota Heights: Plante was and is a chump for whining about losing to STAA and other privates, he was just butthurt he couldn't hang as many banners. I'll never forget the glory days of 2010-2015, when the Cakeeaters of St. Louis County lost 6 straight championship games (including three straight to the STAA).

Personal favorite? Gotta be 2013, when Tommy Novak scored the game winner with ~10 seconds left and Hawks nations cried foul over a phantom holding penalty. They REALLY thought that was their year. :lol: :lol:
TG is another private school moving on up to AA level. :lol: :lol: :lol:
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

northwoods oldtimer wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:47 am
thestickler07 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:05 pm Enough HSHW slander rainier hahaha - he was the ultimate STAA booster, I couldn't hold a candle to his zeal for defending the Cadets.

Only 3 more to go and all will be right with the world In Class A.
1. SCC - There shouldn’t be any period. They need to move.
1a. Breck - see above.
2. Mahtomedi - this school sits on the border of A/AA and can compete with any AA. Move on.
3. Hermantown - small school that’s just too damn good for class A. Even East is afraid to play them. Move up already!

After these 3 are gone the next evil team may be Orono.
1. They Won last year
2 . They are a large class A school and
3. It sits in the highest per capital income school district in the state. Put another way, they are very wealthy.
Last edited by pekyman on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That guy for that thing

Post by That guy for that thing »

pekyman wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:25 pm

1. SCC - is this the last private in A? There shouldn’t be any period. They need to move.
2. Mahtomedi - this school sits on the border of A/AA and can compete with any AA. Move on.
3. Hermantown - small school that’s just too damn good for class A. Even East is afraid to play them. Move up already!

1. They Won last year
3. It sits in the highest per capital income school district in the state. Put another way, they are very wealthy.
There are at least 3 or 4 more privates in A. And they are no where near AA level.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

1a. Breck - see above.

1. They Won last year
I was at the Superior vs Hermantown game. Superior has their best team since 2004 (15 years) yet Hermantown toyed with them. 27 & 18 are simply Head & Shoulders above 98.5% of other HS players. They tied Tonka, which has barely lost a game in 2 years. Yet Hermantown school administrators lack the stones to challenge the DE’s, CEC’s, GR’s & ER’s...absolutely gutless and depriving their players of the opportunity to play on the Big Stage! Pathetic ☝️
barnorthhockeyguy

Post by barnorthhockeyguy »

:) :) Right on ! Its a joke there still in class A ! Grow a set and move on up ! Why even have the section 7 A playoffs ! We already know who's going to State Again ! Not enough banners hanging in that great arena they have !
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

1a. Breck - see above.

1. They Won last year
Breck is not really emphasizing hockey anymore and probably won't be a factor in class A for the foreseeable future. I agree with you on Cathedral, Hermantown, and Mahtomedi however.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

TheNightman wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:26 am

1a. Breck - see above.

1. They Won last year
Breck is not really emphasizing hockey anymore and probably won't be a factor in class A for the foreseeable future. I agree with you on Cathedral, Hermantown, and Mahtomedi however.
So they are not really emphasizing hockey but still look like the #3 seed in 2A. There are 6 public school teams behind them that probably have a different opinion. I don't think that is right. Put them in AA with all the other AA teams that don't have a chance and give those public's a break.
The structure of a private should place them in AA not someone opinion on whether they can win the section or not.
At most, give them a path to opt down if they want.

1. Orono
2. Mound Westonka
3. Breck
4. Delano
5. Minneapolis
6. Waconia
7. SWC/Richfield
8. Kennedy
9. Providence

The 2nd and 3rd team in the state are Private and realistically HT is the only public team that could beat them.
Maybe Mahtomedi but my money would not be on them.

1 Hermantown 7A 15-3-1
2 St Cloud Cathedral 6A 19-2-0
3 Totino 4A 16-5-0
4 Mahtomedi 4A 15-4-1
5 East Grand Forks 8A 16-5-0
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

pekyman wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:39 am
TheNightman wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:26 am

1a. Breck - see above.

1. They Won last year
So they are not really emphasizing hockey but still look like the #3 seed in 2A. There are 6 public school teams behind them that probably have a different opinion. I don't think that is right. Put them in AA with all the other AA teams that don't have a chance and give those public's a break.
The structure of a private should place them in AA not someone opinion on whether they can win the section or not.
At most, give them a path to opt down if they want.

1. Orono
2. Mound Westonka
3. Breck
4. Delano
5. Minneapolis
6. Waconia
7. SWC/Richfield
8. Kennedy
9. Providence

The 2nd and 3rd team in the state are Private and realistically HT is the only public team that could beat them.
Maybe Mahtomedi but my money would not be on them.

1 Hermantown 7A 15-3-1
2 St Cloud Cathedral 6A 19-2-0
3 Totino 4A 16-5-0
4 Mahtomedi 4A 15-4-1
5 East Grand Forks 8A 16-5-0
TG is moving to AA in 2019-2020 - 100%. Talked to one of their coaches who indicated a number of kids are coming into TG next season based on the stipulation they move up to AA (next season) And while it appears Hermantown WON’T opt up to AA (next season) that will have consequences (for Hermantown) too. Elite players need/want to be challenged...I’ll leave it at that 😉☝️
kniven

Post by kniven »

Disagree on the Hermantown thing. Kids from northern man flock their because they will play at the X in March, Elite League in the fall with 7 of your Hermantown teammates, get a D1 scholarship, and play plenty of very good AA teams during the regular season.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Tha day I am waiting for is a section 7AA Championship by Hermantown over East at Amsoil in front of dang near the entire town of HT. Whatever they did at state after that would be an added bonus. Beth Clark needs to realize that it’s doable. HT could become the team that comes out of 7AA and East joins Rapids and the others with occasional trips to the X. 😂
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

pekyman wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:21 pm Tha day I am waiting for is a section 7AA Championship by Hermantown over East at Amsoil in front of dang near the entire town of HT. Whatever they did at state after that would be an added bonus. Beth Clark needs to realize that it’s doable. HT could become the team that comes out of 7AA and East joins Rapids and the others with occasional trips to the X. 😂
Should that happen...Hermantown will have EARNED respect throughout MN...that’s simply not the case with the status quo, and it’s only going to get worse after this season.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

kniven wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:48 pm Disagree on the Hermantown thing. Kids from northern man flock their because they will play at the X in March, Elite League in the fall with 7 of your Hermantown teammates, get a D1 scholarship, and play plenty of very good AA teams during the regular season.
Your not getting it kniven...I’m referring to 27 & 18 (in my post above, not everyone else)☝️
kniven

Post by kniven »

hockey59 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:54 pm
kniven wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:48 pm Disagree on the Hermantown thing. Kids from northern man flock their because they will play at the X in March, Elite League in the fall with 7 of your Hermantown teammates, get a D1 scholarship, and play plenty of very good AA teams during the regular season.
Your not getting it kniven...I’m referring to 27 & 18 (in my post above, not everyone else)☝️

who’s 27 and 18
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

kniven wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:11 pm

who’s 27 and 18
Jebezez kniven, the 2 players that will be the difference when Hermantown beats Cloquet by 2-3 goals 😉🤣If you don’t know who they are by now...I can’t help U #-o
kniven

Post by kniven »

hockey59 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:13 pm
kniven wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:11 pm

who’s 27 and 18
Jebezez kniven, the 2 players that will be the difference when Hermantown beats Cloquet by 2-3 goals 😉🤣If you don’t know who they are by now...I can’t help U #-o
Where is #27 from? Yeah. You might be right. This game could get out of hand quick.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

kniven

Post by kniven »

hockey59 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:21 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yA8HT324wro Just kidding kniven 😉💋
😮👍
blueline_6

Post by blueline_6 »

hockey59 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:41 pm
TG is moving to AA in 2019-2020 - 100%. Talked to one of their coaches who indicated a number of kids are coming into TG next season based on the stipulation they move up to AA (next season)
Interesting. Any insight into which programs will possibly be losing kids?
kniven

Post by kniven »

blueline_6 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:51 am
hockey59 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:41 pm
TG is moving to AA in 2019-2020 - 100%. Talked to one of their coaches who indicated a number of kids are coming into TG next season based on the stipulation they move up to AA (next season)
Interesting. Any insight into which programs will possibly be losing kids?

The best players from Winona and Red Wing.