Dream State=Dream Curse.

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Potatohead9

Dream State=Dream Curse.

Post by Potatohead9 »

Correct me if I’m wrong but that makes three years in a row!

Season 1 Eden Prairie: Lost in State Tournament ‘17, State Champion Grand Rapids.
Season 2 Moorhead: Lost in Section Championship ‘18, State Champion Minnetonka
Season 3 Minnetonka: Lost in Section Semifinals ‘19, State Champion TBN.
(All three teams were arguably preseason favorites)
As a fan do you want your team to be in season 4?
Each year the outcome gets worse. Is this to much pressure on teenagers? Or is this just what makes the Minnesota State Hockey Tournament so great?
Thats Mr. Potatohead to you!
Wblhcky2424

Re: Dream State=Dream Curse.

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

Season 1 also followed Stillwater, who lost to Hill Murray in the section final that year
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Yes, follow John Marshall! We would love to make a section final!
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

I don’t believe in curses. The way I think of it only one team wins state. Those teams that were on dream state all had good chances to win it but didn’t because other good teams beat them. Kind of interesting though.
green4

Post by green4 »

What is the curse? That if you are on the show you won't win the state title?
It is hard to win state, it is not given just because you are the preseason favorite. I might buy the curse if they all missed state, but EP got third in their year.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

It may be the 25 below zero Hockey Day curse. Tonka hasn't been the same since the game in Bemidgi. Andover may be the next curse victim.
GottaloveHShockey

Post by GottaloveHShockey »

I agree warmupthebus. I can’t believe they are continuing to do HDMN after a kid got bad frostbite this year. Not worth the hype IMO.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Not a curse but possibly a distraction.
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

GottaloveHShockey wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:26 am I agree warmupthebus. I can’t believe they are continuing to do HDMN after a kid got bad frostbite this year. Not worth the hype IMO.
Maybe move it south to Mankato, Rochester, Winona, Marshall or somewhere along I-90 like Luverne, Albert Lea, or Austin? It would more likely be warmer,still winter, but warmer. Would be a huge shot in the arm to programs in southern Minnesota as well.
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

Surprised they haven’t done HDM in Rochester or Mankato yet. Especially Rochester.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

SCBlueLiner wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:52 am
GottaloveHShockey wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:26 am I agree warmupthebus. I can’t believe they are continuing to do HDMN after a kid got bad frostbite this year. Not worth the hype IMO.
Maybe move it south to Mankato, Rochester, Winona, Marshall or somewhere along I-90 like Luverne, Albert Lea, or Austin? It would more likely be warmer,still winter, but warmer. Would be a huge shot in the arm to programs in southern Minnesota as well.
I agree. Give these places a shot. It generates a lot of excitement in the youth hockey community for the town and surrounding towns.
Where is F3?

Post by Where is F3? »

SCBlueLiner wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:52 am
Current temp is Luverne: 4 degrees
Current temp in Bemidji: 5 degrees

However, totally agree with having HDM somehwere south.
USA218

Post by USA218 »

I wouldn't want that distraction on my team!
That guy for that thing

Post by That guy for that thing »

USA218 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:30 pm I wouldn't want that distraction on my team!
DEast was supposedly asked last year, and they said no for this exact reason.
Goose21

Post by Goose21 »

It is a great event that players want to be a part of, but it is optional. It is also an event that get bigger each year. While some may not want to be a part of it, I'm sure many more would take their place.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Goose21 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:16 pm
It is a great event that players want to be a part of, but it is optional. It is also an event that get bigger each year. While some may not want to be a part of it, I'm sure many more would take their place.
Very impressed with the production. Don't get tired of watching them at all. Exceptional work.