Seldom noticed and under rated

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

PuckNA

Re: Seldom noticed and under rated

Post by PuckNA » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:36 pm

OldManRiver wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:53 pm
PuckNA wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:52 am
Some I've seen:

Burnsville: Grant Ahcan, Junior, crafty hard nosed player, small stature but obvious hockey sense and scoring ability
Prior Lake: Matt Beaty, Sophmore, guy you like on your team but hate to play against. Always around puck and nipping at your heels.
South St. Paul: Owen Ramirez, Junior, Crafty D man with really good feet, smart player good offensive skill
Champlin Park: Tanner Thompson, Sophmore, small, crafty, feet always moving. Good vision.
Centennial: Henry Bartle, Sophmore, big forward, really good hands, can shoot, needs work on defense, but deceptive shot and accurate.
Centennial: Anthony LeMire, Sophmore, Physically strong, plays mean, forward type hands, quick feet, and smart with puck
Roseville: Joey O'neill, Sophmore, Good size, good hands, plays physical, good passer, shoots well.
Coon Rapids: AJ/Tommy Carls, Jr and Freshman, play well together, younger one is edgier, older has good hands and speed, scorers
IMHO, and unfortunately for the few Cardinal faithful, if the coaching situation doesn't change over at Coon Rapids, you won't see Tommy and AJ Carls playing in the high school ranks much longer (at least in this program).
I'd have to agree, they don't have anything in the pipeline that looks like it will be good enough to move the needle forward in this program...

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:02 pm

PuckNA wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:52 am
Some I've seen:

Burnsville: Grant Ahcan, Junior, crafty hard nosed player, small stature but obvious hockey sense and scoring ability
Prior Lake: Matt Beaty, Sophmore, guy you like on your team but hate to play against. Always around puck and nipping at your heels.
South St. Paul: Owen Ramirez, Junior, Crafty D man with really good feet, smart player good offensive skill
Champlin Park: Tanner Thompson, Sophmore, small, crafty, feet always moving. Good vision.
Centennial: Henry Bartle, Sophmore, big forward, really good hands, can shoot, needs work on defense, but deceptive shot and accurate.
Centennial: Anthony LeMire, Sophmore, Physically strong, plays mean, forward type hands, quick feet, and smart with puck
Roseville: Joey O'neill, Sophmore, Good size, good hands, plays physical, good passer, shoots well.
Coon Rapids: AJ/Tommy Carls, Jr and Freshman, play well together, younger one is edgier, older has good hands and speed, scorers
Hmm... it's becoming very clear...

checco33

Post by checco33 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:52 pm

zooomx wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:29 pm
Doherty (senior), Westlund (senior), Strong (Junior) line in Alex get a lot of fanfare locally but don't hear much about them statewide. They outplayed the top lines (heralded prospects) of Cathedral and Hermantown last year on big stages. Having big years once again. Doherty, especially, works so hard in all areas of the ice and shares the puck so well. Strong and Westlund can flat out score. They can pretty much play with anyone.
Let me preface this with I don't disagree that those three are underrated statewide. But they "outplayed" the prospects of Cathedral 12 months ago? Is that just referencing the double ot goal scored while on a power play to go to state? Is that the criteria of "outplaying" them? I mean, last I checked Cathedral is 4-1-1 against Alex over the last 3 years so maybe they "outplayed" them for one power play in OT of a section final and SCC prospects have outplayed them before and since?

zooomx

Post by zooomx » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:56 am

checco33 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:52 pm
zooomx wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:29 pm
Doherty (senior), Westlund (senior), Strong (Junior) line in Alex get a lot of fanfare locally but don't hear much about them statewide. They outplayed the top lines (heralded prospects) of Cathedral and Hermantown last year on big stages. Having big years once again. Doherty, especially, works so hard in all areas of the ice and shares the puck so well. Strong and Westlund can flat out score. They can pretty much play with anyone.
Let me preface this with I don't disagree that those three are underrated statewide. But they "outplayed" the prospects of Cathedral 12 months ago? Is that just referencing the double ot goal scored while on a power play to go to state? Is that the criteria of "outplaying" them? I mean, last I checked Cathedral is 4-1-1 against Alex over the last 3 years so maybe they "outplayed" them for one power play in OT of a section final and SCC prospects have outplayed them before and since?
Yes, I was referring to those 2 games last year. I witnessed both those games and they not only stood out, but IMO outplayed the competition in those 2 games. Was not meant as a knock on either Cathedral or Hermantown. Cathedral definitely had the upper hand in sections this year, nice squad. I should also say the Alex guys can play with anyone "when healthy". 2 were unfortunately injured at the wrong time this year.