Transfers for 2019-20 season

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

kniven

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by kniven » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:41 am

WestMetro wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:17 pm
A reliable source now tells me both West Metro YHH Top 5 Bantam Stars will enroll at their city’s public high schools , much to chagrin of some private school coaches and certain posters on this thread . Since they are Bantams , will not name them here til school year begins
The NBA has Woj from ESPN with breaking news and Woj bombs, but the forum has WestY for breaking news and dropping his own WestY bombs. 👍
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

HockeyonFire

Post by HockeyonFire » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:15 pm

WestMetro wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:46 am
....... except if theyve been seen to be visiting other campuses and thinking about Privates? ( including one seen at your Family campus? :D )
If they wanna come to the best High School in regards to academics and visibility to NHL scouts/College Coaches then yeah go to HF. Program is Ran just like North Dakota.

High Heat

Post by High Heat » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:30 pm

HockeyonFire wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:15 pm
WestMetro wrote:
....... except if theyve been seen to be visiting other campuses and thinking about Privates? ( including one seen at your Family campus? :D )
If they wanna come to the best High School in regards to academics and visibility to NHL scouts/College Coaches then yeah go to HF. Program is Ran just like North Dakota.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

HockeyonFire

Post by HockeyonFire » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:39 pm

High Heat wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:30 pm
HockeyonFire wrote:
WestMetro wrote:
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Truth Hurts

yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Ok...I will bite..Just how is HF anything like UND?

Besides free school for the hockey players?

bardown27

Post by bardown27 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:48 pm

yesiplayedhockey wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:44 pm
Ok...I will bite..Just how is HF anything like UND?

Besides free school for the hockey players?
They both wear green black and white

ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:51 pm

Lots of scouts come to those games vs Hutch and Litchfield huh? Will agree that HF is run like a college though... “commitment” announcements on Twitter, promises made and unkept, players leaving early to find the next thing for them, etc.

Fire is just mad Brody Lamb chose Dodge County over his school.
Last edited by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:56 pm

puckluck wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:13 am
Stang5280 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:24 pm
outdoorsuperstar wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:13 pm
How would a player transfer back to his original school and be eligible? I know people play the fake residence game - but this is a bit visible for the general public. Would the family have to change their residence back to St. Cloud?
The change in residence rule is only marginally applicable to private schools, and any move outside of the current school district would enable the student to become immediately eligible at any private school. So a, ahem, hypothetical family could move from Minnetonka to, say, Maple Grove, and then enroll in St. Cloud Cathedral (or Breck or BSM, for that matter) in the fall.
The MSHSL’s rules are very specific about transfers and eligibility. The one that families seem to manipulate is the residence change rule. The rule applies to all schools in the state – private, public and even those not in the league (SSM). A kid’s whole family has to move to a residence outside of their current district in order to be eligible under that exception.
Yes, the change in residence rule applies to private schools as well. However, I would not say that it applies equally, in that a family can move anywhere outside of their current school district and transfer to a private school without losing eligibility. The original post by outdoorsuperstar asked whether the Motzko family would have to return to St. Cloud for Mack to be eligible at Cathedral, and I pointed out that they could move anywhere outside of the Minnetonka district. Unlike public schools, there is no district boundary for Cathedral, so the family would not have to move to St. Cloud. I don’t see how anything I stated was inaccurate or misleading.

High Heat

Post by High Heat » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:19 pm

HockeyonFire wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:39 pm
High Heat wrote:
HockeyonFire wrote:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Truth Hurts
Okay Bud. Take a lap

612hockeytown

Post by 612hockeytown » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:00 pm

HockeyonFire wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:39 pm
High Heat wrote:
HockeyonFire wrote:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Truth Hurts
Found Noel Rahn’s account. Your social media person “AV21” is a tool as well. Let’s put recruits on Twitter like Eli Andrews and Pinoniemi well before the season starts. Oh? You got Huber? See ya Andrews 👋🏼 Then the MSHSL made you delete all those tweets 😂 - yes - much like UND LMAO.

mnhockey2019

Post by mnhockey2019 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:15 pm

puckluck wrote:
Stang5280 wrote:
outdoorsuperstar wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:13 pm
How would a player transfer back to his original school and be eligible? I know people play the fake residence game - but this is a bit visible for the general public. Would the family have to change their residence back to St. Cloud?
The change in residence rule is only marginally applicable to private schools, and any move outside of the current school district would enable the student to become immediately eligible at any private school. So a, ahem, hypothetical family could move from Minnetonka to, say, Maple Grove, and then enroll in St. Cloud Cathedral (or Breck or BSM, for that matter) in the fall.
The MSHSL’s rules are very specific about transfers and eligibility. The one that families seem to manipulate is the residence change rule. The rule applies to all schools in the state – private, public and even those not in the league (SSM). A kid’s whole family has to move to a residence outside of their current district in order to be eligible under that exception. However, this exception gets abused all over the place the MSHSL turns a blind eye. School ADs will even tell families to rent a place and the MSHSL won’t ask questions. But let’s be real – paying rent and a mortgage and pretending to live somewhere for a few months is only for those who can afford it. This practice is especially getting bad in the Section 6 private schools. Interesting that those school are now potential state contenders. You’d think the MSHSL would want to at least try and appear credible and fair about how rules are followed in the state. But that might be expecting too much of an organization that’s probably as political as the next. In the end the rules are so tight that people resort to desperate measures. Why not just give a kid a one-time transfer option with no penalty?
Give some examples of the Section 6 private schools that are abusing this rule.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:13 pm

I wouldn’t be so sure of Brody Lambs enrollment plans yet .....

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:29 am

HockeyonFire wrote:
WestMetro wrote:
Last edited by Jeffy95 on Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

puckluck

Post by puckluck » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:46 am

mnhockey2019 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:15 pm
puckluck wrote:
Stang5280 wrote:

The MSHSL’s rules are very specific about transfers and eligibility. The one that families seem to manipulate is the residence change rule. The rule applies to all schools in the state – private, public and even those not in the league (SSM). A kid’s whole family has to move to a residence outside of their current district in order to be eligible under that exception. However, this exception gets abused all over the place the MSHSL turns a blind eye. School ADs will even tell families to rent a place and the MSHSL won’t ask questions. But let’s be real – paying rent and a mortgage and pretending to live somewhere for a few months is only for those who can afford it. This practice is especially getting bad in the Section 6 private schools. Interesting that those school are now potential state contenders. You’d think the MSHSL would want to at least try and appear credible and fair about how rules are followed in the state. But that might be expecting too much of an organization that’s probably as political as the next. In the end the rules are so tight that people resort to desperate measures. Why not just give a kid a one-time transfer option with no penalty?
Give some examples of the Section 6 private schools that are abusing this rule.
I said it’s abused all over the place. But maybe it’s not abusing the rule. Is it taking advantage of the fact MSHSL doesn’t seem to care that people sidestep the rule? My point isn’t to call out the people who have done it but look no further than the number of transfers without losing eligibility. My point is that this method of getting around eligibility is really only an option for those with money to do it. MSHSL should create a more even playing field that gives all kids an option to transfer – or enforce the rule as it’s intended for everyone.

minnscout

Post by minnscout » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:08 pm

HockeyonFire wrote:
WestMetro wrote:
Now this is funny! For a school that has never won even a section championship they sure are full of themselves. Have fun playing Mound, Delano, Litchfield, Waconia, Hutchinson, and Orono.

kniven

Post by kniven » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:34 pm

minnscout wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:08 pm
HockeyonFire wrote:
WestMetro wrote:
Now this is funny! For a school that has never won even a section championship they sure are full of themselves. Have fun playing Mound, Delano, Litchfield, Waconia, Hutchinson, and Orono.
😮

blueblood

Post by blueblood » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:10 am

Knives - what up? Been fishing lately? Any drama happening in CEC land?
Play Like a Champion Today

kniven

Post by kniven » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:23 am

blueblood wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:10 am
Knives - what up? Been fishing lately? Any drama happening in CEC land?
Hey Blue. CEC country is pretty peaceful these days. No news is good news I guess. I’m looking forward to our first scrimmage this summer and heading down to Edina on a Saturday for some puck.

blueblood

Post by blueblood » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Same here knives
Play Like a Champion Today

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:52 am

Stang5280 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:56 pm
puckluck wrote:
Stang5280 wrote:

The MSHSL’s rules are very specific about transfers and eligibility. The one that families seem to manipulate is the residence change rule. The rule applies to all schools in the state – private, public and even those not in the league (SSM). A kid’s whole family has to move to a residence outside of their current district in order to be eligible under that exception.
Yes, the change in residence rule applies to private schools as well. However, I would not say that it applies equally, in that a family can move anywhere outside of their current school district and transfer to a private school without losing eligibility. The original post by outdoorsuperstar asked whether the Motzko family would have to return to St. Cloud for Mack to be eligible at Cathedral, and I pointed out that they could move anywhere outside of the Minnetonka district. Unlike public schools, there is no district boundary for Cathedral, so the family would not have to move to St. Cloud. I don’t see how anything I stated was inaccurate or misleading.
If I am reading this correctly for Mack to return to SCC his family would have to move out of the Tonka district? If so has that happened? Given his dad is the coach of the Gophers and therefore he'd want a metro address for commuting to Minneapolis, another small move just so your kid can play 1 year of h.s. hockey where he wants sounds like a bit much.

yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:33 pm

Typically this stuff is not heavily enforced...Can anyone name a time when someone was caught and or rule ineligible ?

I'm guessing if the kid is really going back there, they have the thumbs up already in place with MSHSL

Maybe they were renting and now are buying? Maybe all it takes is the right persons signature ?

I can't see any situation where they don't have their basis covered

Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:31 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:52 am
Stang5280 wrote:
puckluck wrote:

If I am reading this correctly for Mack to return to SCC his family would have to move out of the Tonka district? If so has that happened? Given his dad is the coach of the Gophers and therefore he'd want a metro address for commuting to Minneapolis, another small move just so your kid can play 1 year of h.s. hockey where he wants sounds like a bit much.
Sure, but their could also be many non-hockey factors in play as well. Changing schools as a junior is probably not the easiest experience, particularly going from a small private school to a huge public school (along with a big spotlight on you and your family). Maybe the kid is just homesick and wants to finish off his final year in an environment in which he feels more comfortable. If the parents have the resources to make that happen, why wouldn’t you want to see your kid be happier?

PuckNA

Post by PuckNA » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:36 pm

Or the chance to have your kid play on a State championship team... most people felt Tonka was a shoe in last year, next year in A Cathedral is considered a pretty good bet as well... not saying that's why, but could be a good opportunity....

yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Everything I hear this family is first class all the way

So whatever they are doing, I'm sure it's justified and well thought out

Good luck to the kid wherever he plays this year

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:38 am

Stang5280 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:31 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:52 am
Stang5280 wrote:

Sure, but their could also be many non-hockey factors in play as well. Changing schools as a junior is probably not the easiest experience, particularly going from a small private school to a huge public school (along with a big spotlight on you and your family). Maybe the kid is just homesick and wants to finish off his final year in an environment in which he feels more comfortable. If the parents have the resources to make that happen, why wouldn’t you want to see your kid be happier?
If the kid was actually miserable then sure I can see that. I'm not judging anyone here just fleshing out some details.