Watch NTDP vs Elite League this weekend

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

O-townClown

Watch NTDP vs Elite League this weekend

Post by O-townClown » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:19 pm

www.OnlineHockeyTraining.com is the presenting sponsor for this year's live broadcast of USA U17 games against two teams from the Upper Midwest HS Elite League.

You can watch these games here --> https://www.facebook.com/events/1147035425493139/ They will also be available to watch after the fact.

Game time both days is 11:30 am. Sanford Power Health (f/k/a Great Plains) is the opponent on Saturday & MSP Magazine (f/k/a Northeast) plays on Sunday. Lance Pitlick will be providing analysis and commentary.

Please join us for the pregame features. Pre-game will begin around 11:10 am.

Saturday

• Sean Toomey on the history of NTDP visiting Elite League since 2013
• Matt Gleason on being a 3 year player in HS Elite League
• Nikolai Dulak on Minnesota’s high school hockey and going to the state tournament
• Griffin Streeter on playing in last year’s NTDP game
• Board member Mark McKasy & John Conley discuss league and today’s visiting team
• Coach Oliver pre-game thoughts.

Sunday

• Charlie Strobel on playing for your community
• Luke Kron, who leads the league in scoring
• Mike Craig on coaching against the NTDP teams
• Nick Olmscheid with memories of last year’s game
• Noah Tussey on playing Elite League and HS when he could be in USHL
• Board member Mark McKasy & John Conley discuss league and today’s visiting team
• Coach McAlpine pre-game thoughts

We're also planning for between period interviews with Ryan St. Louis & Ethan Straky from the national team, plus Mack Motzko (Sanford) and another player (MSP) as well as some worthwhile between period segments.
Be kind. Rewind.

612hockeytown

Re: Watch NTDP vs Elite League this weekend

Post by 612hockeytown » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:34 am

O-townClown wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:19 pm
www.OnlineHockeyTraining.com is the presenting sponsor for this year's live broadcast of USA U17 games against two teams from the Upper Midwest HS Elite League.

You can watch these games here --> https://www.facebook.com/events/1147035425493139/ They will also be available to watch after the fact.

Game time both days is 11:30 am. Sanford Power Health (f/k/a Great Plains) is the opponent on Saturday & MSP Magazine (f/k/a Northeast) plays on Sunday. Lance Pitlick will be providing analysis and commentary.

Saturday

• Nikolai Dulak on Minnesota’s high school hockey and going to the state tournament

Sunday

We're also planning for between period interviews with Ryan St. Louis & Ethan Straky from the national team, plus Mack Motzko (Sanford) and another player (MSP) as well as some worthwhile between period segments.

FWIW:

NT (Stillwater) couldn’t be in the USHL - he was sent home and dropped from Sioux City for an incident which also led to a de-committment by the U. It was talked about by a few high school coaches in the know and I believe it’s not a secret anymore. Just don’t let facts get in the way of “staying home to play in the HSEL and not in the USHL.” A USHL team doesn’t drop a talented kid like that off their 23 man/ 30 man rosters AND affiliate list for no reason - not even trading them. Nor does Motzko decommit someone for “no reason.”

A secondary source was a parent a kid that made the preseason roster, who was also subsequently cut and told of the story. Kids make mistakes. Hopes he rebounds and has a solid year and gets another chance in the USHL.

Thanks to the sponsors and all involved for broadcasting the games.

6AAGuy

Post by 6AAGuy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:23 am

This lineup looks fantastic. I am definitely going to tune in...

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:10 am

Someone might want to tell GPL, College Hockey Inc, and MN Hockey Hub about the removal of the offer to Tussey by Motzko.

InThePipes

Post by InThePipes » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:14 am

612 seems to have a lot of info and I gotta give it to him - he doesn't tease it

PuckNA

Post by PuckNA » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:49 am

612hockeytown wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:34 am
O-townClown wrote:

Saturday

Sunday

FWIW:

NT (Stillwater) couldn’t be in the USHL - he was sent home and dropped from Sioux City for an incident which also led to a de-committment by the U. It was talked about by a few high school coaches in the know and I believe it’s not a secret anymore. Just don’t let facts get in the way of “staying home to play in the HSEL and not in the USHL.” A USHL team doesn’t drop a talented kid like that off their 23 man/ 30 man rosters AND affiliate list for no reason - not even trading them. Nor does Motzko decommit someone for “no reason.”

A secondary source was a parent a kid that made the preseason roster, who was also subsequently cut and told of the story. Kids make mistakes. Hopes he rebounds and has a solid year and gets another chance in the USHL.

Thanks to the sponsors and all involved for broadcasting the games.
612, if I am not mistaken he missed the start of the year last year (or maybe previous year) as well for off ice "decisions". Still on the protected list though for Sioux City... maybe hoping he can get out of his own way... was told he could have made roster, if not for issues while down at camp. Guessing he was told to go back and play HS..

612hockeytown

Post by 612hockeytown » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:54 am

He would have made the team. Whether it was a before and after or a full time player. Preseason camp was a one week deal in late July that included 3 games at the end of the week. One intrasquad and 2 games against Sioux Falls. Incident happened before the games started (but after the practices were done). He didn't play in a single game.

Unfortunately his actions affected another Minnesota player - tryout goalie Remmington Keopple. His gear was in NT's truck when the incident happened. Keopple couldn't skate the morning session the day after the "incident." When I heard that, that bothered me the most. Screwing over other teammates. Many teammates were pretty upset over the actions.

Not here to bash the kid, but also don't like the rhetoric of he is "staying with with friends" and choosing to play HS and HSEL over the USHL. Facts are important too. Super talented kid, and I really hope he does figure it out.

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:53 pm

My sincere apologies to any teenagers and their circle of others that are being subjected to what amounts to tabloid treatment. I solely intended to make others aware of the free online broadcasts (thanks to Online Hockey Training!) that showcase the positive side of the sport in Minnesota and across the United States.

If our presentation of these two games does not meet your expectations it isn't for lack of trying. A lot of people have worked very hard to make this happen. I'm only aware of about a handful of Elite League games that have been live streamed from New Hope. Optimistic these will be appreciated by enough people to warrant doing more.
Be kind. Rewind.

InThePipes

Post by InThePipes » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:55 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:53 pm
My sincere apologies to any teenagers and their circle of others that are being subjected to what amounts to tabloid treatment. I solely intended to make others aware of the free online broadcasts (thanks to Online Hockey Training!) that showcase the positive side of the sport in Minnesota and across the United States.

If our presentation of these two games does not meet your expectations it isn't for lack of trying. A lot of people have worked very hard to make this happen. I'm only aware of about a handful of Elite League games that have been live streamed from New Hope. Optimistic these will be appreciated by enough people to warrant doing more.
Your efforts are appreciated!

612hockeytown

Post by 612hockeytown » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:37 pm

The facts I pointed out were not meant to slam you or whomever is doing the broadcasts. I appreciate the fact that they are bring streamed. I’ll be at the games, but will have plenty of friends who can’t make it and will watch at home or work.

I won’t apologize for saying what I said, but I will apologize if you felt it was a personal attack. It wasn’t laid out that way by any means. I don’t think it’s tabloid fodder. It’s stuff that happened. No different than stuff in early departures, only I wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t 100% confirmed etc.
Can forums be bad things for reasons like this? Absolutely. They do exist for a reason though.

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:56 pm

https://youtu.be/v9gnHB9Gfic

The hype video is ready.
Be kind. Rewind.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:09 pm

OTC, you always put on a great broadcast! I hope you are making some money. Just in the last year, I have enjoyed you on The Opener, Hockey for Life, EL USA 17 weekend, State Bantam tourney. And Im sure I missed several.

I have asked an important question many times:

Are all Edina alumni great broadcasters? Or are all great broadcasters Edina Alumni?

Perhaps you and Pete and Bart can discuss, and keep us listeners up to date on the debate during intermission this weekend!

Well done!

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:33 pm

WestMetro wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:09 pm
Just in the last year, I have enjoyed you on The Opener, Hockey for Life, EL USA 17 weekend, State Bantam tourney. And Im sure I missed several.
Thanks for the kind words. What you've missed are countless Midget & Junior games on HockeyTV! :wink: This weekend is thanks to OnlineHockeyTraining.com.

Great stuff planned for pregame (I listed above) and between periods.

Sat
1st intermission - Ethan Straky & Mack Motzko
2nd intermission - Glen Andresen (originally aired 2018) & a look back at NTDP's 1st visit in 2013

Sun
1st intermission - Ryan St. Louis & Carson Richels
2nd intermission - Scott Monaghan who was an architect of NTDP
Last edited by O-townClown on Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be kind. Rewind.

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:27 pm

Final reminder...

11:30 am puck drop tomorrow - NTDP vs. Sanford POWER Health
11:10 am PREGAME show

Here's a tease for part of the pregame coverage:

https://youtu.be/OTEC23KgYKw

Link to game here ---> https://www.facebook.com/events/1147035425493139/

Same bat time, same bat channel on Sunday. MSP Magazine will represent www.HSEliteHockey.com

FREE to watch, courtesy of www.OnlineHockeyTraining.com
Be kind. Rewind.

kniven

Post by kniven » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:40 am

O-townClown wrote:

Saturday

Sunday

This must be a metro thing cause I have no desire to watch. #collegefootball #NFL
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

TheMNhockey1

Post by TheMNhockey1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:22 am

kniven wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:40 am
This must be a metro thing cause I have no desire to watch. #collegefootball #NFL
I'm curious to see how Chaz Lucius looks more than anything

green4

Post by green4 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:04 pm

Anyone see the game?

Looked at the box score and it was 5-2 for team USA. Their first 3 goals were scored by Minnesota kids.

muckandgrinder65

Post by muckandgrinder65 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:50 pm

Favorite part is seeing the skate sharpener and equipment guy getting jiggy with it after the bus headed for Mancinis??

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:35 pm

TheMNhockey1 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:22 am
kniven wrote:
I'm curious to see how Chaz Lucius looks more than anything
Good size, good hands,good vision. Skating needs work.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:02 pm

Always finds open space in low-mid slot . Quick release . 3 goals here today

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:14 pm

Chaz ended up with 5 and JJ 3

Final 17–5 as Team NE with a tough day for D and Gs

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:50 pm

Clean copy of today's game. Wall to wall highlights. MSP goals all in the 2nd and some were beauties.

- - - > https://youtu.be/7PnspBnOPrw

• Noah Tussey on playing Elite League & High School hockey

1st intermission - Ryan St. Louis & Carson Richels
2nd intermission - Scott Monaghan - NTDP Sr. Dir. of Operations
Last edited by O-townClown on Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Be kind. Rewind.

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:52 pm

kniven wrote:
Viewership in 2018 was higher for Team North vs. U17 than it was for Team Southwest.
Be kind. Rewind.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Good ntdp interview pick on St Louis !
He had a nice goal today , although overshadowed by his Minn teammates

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:46 pm

WestMetro wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:34 pm
He had a nice goal today , although overshadowed by his Minn teammates
It was a great showing for players from the State of Hockey!!
Be kind. Rewind.