Roses

juniorhockey

Roses

Post by juniorhockey » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:43 pm

Rosemount 4 - Roseville 2<br><br>Rosemount was up 4-0 entering the third. Roseville scored final goal with about 10 seconds left shorthanded on a nifty little move.<br><br>(edit note: sorry, I thought I was posting in the 'scores' forum)<br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... rhockey</A> at: 11/29/05 10:45 pm<br></i>

ChrisK

Re: Roses

Post by ChrisK » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:11 am

Any reports on the game? Did Michael Dorr play for Roseville?<br><br>I would consider this an upset, though who knows, maybe Rosemount is better than expected. Disappointing for Roseville after pulling off a nice win on Saturday against Blake, though I think this is what we can expect from the young Roseville team. <p></p><i></i>

Kodiak

Rosemount

Post by Kodiak » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:58 am

Who played well for the Irish? <p></p><i></i>

juniorhockey

Re: Roses

Post by juniorhockey » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:47 pm

Dorr is out for some time with a wrist injury I was told. To bad cause he's a heck of a player.<br><br>Rosemount looked quite good. They were very aggressive and I'd even argue they have less varisty experience then Roseville did. The goalie from Rosemount made several nice saves and seemed to get lucky on a few as well. <br><br>Carlson, a Def for Rosemount looked good. Sainty, a 10th grader netted two goals and looked decent. <br><br>I could be wrong on this... but Roseville played four Def. for the majority of the game. I don't think it helped them in the game and I know it wouldn't help them in a year or two development wise. Might have had some injuries back there too though. Not sure <p></p><i></i>

ChrisK

Re: Roseville D

Post by ChrisK » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:23 pm

I'm just speculating, but I think that the Roseville player who got kicked out of Saturday's game against Blake for checking from behind was a defenseman. This may have led to a shortage of serviceable defensemen for the Raiders last night. I did see a player put in late in the game on Saturday that was not on the varsity roster, ostensibly to replace the suspended player, and he had a rough time out there, my brother-in-law pointed out that they were avoiding passing to him on the point.<br><br>And looking at dent011's previews, he's got Rosemount ranked quite a bit higher than Roseville so I guess Saturday's game was the real upset. Rosemount had a very junior laden team last year with 15 juniors. I know Beggs transferred, but that still leaves a lot of seniors on this year's team unless a lot of them left.<br><br>And you're right about Dorr, that's a big loss right now for Roseville. <p></p><i></i>

Thehockeyplaya

Re: Roseville D

Post by Thehockeyplaya » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:30 pm

why did this beggs kid transfer <p></p><i></i>

The Hockey power

Re: Rosemont

Post by The Hockey power » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:14 pm

Whats the story I thought this is a score that I would never see. I cant belive this. Does Rosemont have some really good players this year or what. Didnt Rosemont just get a new coach. Is he doing great things or what. I just want to here what people know about all of this. Let me know <p></p><i></i>

HOT SHOT

Post by HOT SHOT » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:06 am

did dylan porter make the varsity team? what line is he on? somebody said he use to play in albert lea as a youth player. another kid the albert lea varsity could use this year. <p></p><i></i>

joshdog

Post by joshdog » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:13 am

I hope Porter is playing for Rosemount on either the 3rd line or JV/Varsity and yes he did come from Albert Lea as you well know. <p></p><i></i>

hockeyguy05

Post by hockeyguy05 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:20 am

Before you all start ripping on porter..he is actually first line and is holding his own on a very solid rosemount team. They have some very good talent this year and is what we like to call a "sleeping giant". The new coach at Rosemount Scott macho has done a terrific job on turning that program around. Next up for the irish is Eagan@Rosemount. Should be a good game and also there are a few players on this Rosemount team that actually moved in from eagan..The Percy brothers both moved in to rosemount at the youth level and Matt Wylie transferred 2 seasons ago..looks to be a good one <p></p><i></i>

Kodiak

'mount

Post by Kodiak » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:09 pm

I wouldn't say that Macho turned this program around, but, to his credit, he has picked up the baton from Don Micheletti and continues to run with it. <p></p><i></i>

hockeyguy05

Re: 'mount

Post by hockeyguy05 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:26 pm

Yes, well said and that is true kodiak but Macho is teaching the boys the game in a way micheletti didnt. I believe this will be a new era for Rosemount Hockey. Im excited to watch these boys play and the challenges they will face with the big boys in the Lake in the upcoming seasons as well..(Bloomington, AV, Burnsville etc.) <p></p><i></i>

joshdog

Re: 'mount

Post by joshdog » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:23 pm

Please don't take my comment as ripping on Porter. What I meant was that I hoped he was getting varsity time as a Soph.. It is good to hear that he is and I see he had a couple of G's against Chaska. <p></p><i></i>

HOT SHOT

Re: Rosemont / porter

Post by HOT SHOT » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:35 pm

hockeyguy05. thanks for the news . tell the coach to enter the team stats on the star tribune sports huddle or on the school web info. it dont surprise me that hes on first line. they have to put the younger talent on each line to balance the team. he should get some good stats on that line and good ice time. hows his dad doing now that hes not coaching his kid. or is dad still coaching from the stands. is the kid playing def or forward? go get-ur-done porter and good luck to your sister goalie for south st. paul packers. shes a great kid. <br><br>hey , hockeyguyo5 , I think egan just woke up the " SLEEPING GIANT ". <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... t@mnhs>HOT SHOT</A> at: 12/4/05 9:44 pm<br></i>