Section 4AA thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Wblhcky2424
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:53 am

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by Wblhcky2424 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:38 pm

Official:

1:.H-M
2: Stillwater
3: WBL
4: East Ridge
5:.Mounds View
6: Woodbury
7: Rosevile
8: Irondale
9: Minnehaha

stpaul
Posts: 1099
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:26 am

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by stpaul » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:06 pm

The Metro East went 8-4-1 against the Suburban East this season. It's clearly a far better hockey conference. HM should get a bye into the final and the 7 SE schools plus Minnehaha should have a play-in tournament.

mnpuckster
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:33 pm

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by mnpuckster » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:09 pm

And Hill still lost at home vs a very average WBL club. Maybe they should think about playing class A hockey.

WestMetro
Posts: 2895
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by WestMetro » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:11 pm

Hated to see the Bears flame out to 3rd seed after the fantastic OT win I saw over the Pios . Well , I’ll be back to Aldrich for the always incredible section 4 heart attack final on the 28th. 4 year anniversary of Noah Cates spinorama goal seen around the world

stpaul
Posts: 1099
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:26 am

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by stpaul » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:29 pm

mnpuckster wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:09 pm
And Hill still lost at home vs a very average WBL club. Maybe they should think about playing class A hockey.
The 11 appearances in the State Championship game suggest otherwise.

mnpuckster
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:33 pm

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by mnpuckster » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:33 pm

Living in the past. This hill team has no depth. No trip to the X this year. They would have a better shot at 4a title. :x

stpaul
Posts: 1099
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:26 am

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by stpaul » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:36 pm

mnpuckster wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:33 pm
Living in the past. This hill team has no depth. No trip to the X this year. They would have a better shot at 4a title. :x
By living in the past I've forgotten how many State Finals Stillwater and White Bear have been in.

mnpuckster
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:33 pm

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by mnpuckster » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:39 pm

Good luck to the kids from Hill.murray township. Oh wait.

stpaul
Posts: 1099
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:26 am

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by stpaul » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:45 pm

WestMetro wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:11 pm
Hated to see the Bears flame out to 3rd seed after the fantastic OT win I saw over the Pios . Well , I’ll be back to Aldrich for the always incredible section 4 heart attack final on the 28th. 4 year anniversary of Noah Cates spinorama goal seen around the world
I prefer to recognize it as the 3 year anniversary of Joe Quast slipping a late one past Noah Cates and his Goalie Eisele to beat the #3 ranked Ponies.

Sparlimb
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by Sparlimb » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Evidently the animosity has started. Good luck to all teams. May the best team win.

WestMetro
Posts: 2895
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by WestMetro » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:09 pm

Another good one St Paul!

Will you be arranging for a Nick Pierre hatty on the 28th? Will one of them be the GWG this time ,or will Billy Rose get it again?

I hear Zach Halverson and Chad might dust off the Horn equipment , but Paul Allen and Alexis Pearson are threatening Zach they want in on this one also

East Side Pioneer Guy
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:11 pm

mnpuckster wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:09 pm
And Hill still lost at home vs a very average WBL club. Maybe they should think about playing class A hockey.
Dude, they lost in overtime. It was a pretty even game. None of these teams is exactly a threat to make the state final.

East Side Pioneer Guy
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:11 pm

mnpuckster wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:39 pm
Good luck to the kids from Hill.murray township. Oh wait.
Yes, it's a great community. Numerous families go back generations.

East Side Pioneer Guy
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:13 pm

stpaul wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:06 pm
The Metro East went 8-4-1 against the Suburban East this season. It's clearly a far better hockey conference. HM should get a bye into the final and the 7 SE schools plus Minnehaha should have a play-in tournament.
We refer to it as the tradition rich Metro East.

Sparlimb
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by Sparlimb » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:25 pm

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:13 pm
stpaul wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:06 pm
The Metro East went 8-4-1 against the Suburban East this season. It's clearly a far better hockey conference. HM should get a bye into the final and the 7 SE schools plus Minnehaha should have a play-in tournament.
We refer to it as the tradition rich Metro East.


I must admit. Does have a certain ring to it...

inthetwine
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by inthetwine » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:11 am

Does anyone know why they moved the quarterfinals away from Aldrich? It was always a fun day.

SEC Scotty
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:58 am
Location: East Metro

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by SEC Scotty » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:54 pm

stpaul wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:06 pm
The Metro East went 8-4-1 against the Suburban East this season. It's clearly a far better hockey conference. HM should get a bye into the final and the 7 SE schools plus Minnehaha should have a play-in tournament.
I'll remember this when you lose to East Ridge.

East Side Pioneer Guy
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:15 pm

White Bear really dodged a bullet by ending up in the opposite bracket than Irondale.

Sparlimb
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by Sparlimb » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:55 pm

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:15 pm
White Bear really dodged a bullet by ending up in the opposite bracket than Irondale.
And East Ridge. For that matter.

inthetwine
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by inthetwine » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:31 am

You don't dodge any bullets by being the #3 seed.

inthetwine
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by inthetwine » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:33 am

Hill booster club runs the concession stand at Aldrich, do they profit from holding the section tourney there?

SEC Scotty
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:58 am
Location: East Metro

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by SEC Scotty » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:17 pm

inthetwine wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:33 am
Hill booster club runs the concession stand at Aldrich, do they profit from holding the section tourney there?
and they have hot dogs as big as their heads....

BlueLineSpecial
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 am
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:47 pm

SEC Scotty wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:17 pm
inthetwine wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:33 am
Hill booster club runs the concession stand at Aldrich, do they profit from holding the section tourney there?
and they have hot dogs as big as their heads....
....Thank you? Wish my wife felt the same way
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year

BodyShots
Posts: 1822
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by BodyShots » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:50 pm

SEC Scotty wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:17 pm
inthetwine wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:33 am
Hill booster club runs the concession stand at Aldrich, do they profit from holding the section tourney there?
and they have hot dogs as big as their heads....
Little wieners huh? :wink:

East Side Pioneer Guy
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Section 4AA thread

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:37 pm

mnpuckster wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:49 am
There wont be a anywhere near a sellout for hill vs eastridge.
Don't underestimate Raptor Nation.

Post Reply