NCAA seedings

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

gopherguy

NCAA seedings

Post by gopherguy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:27 pm

<br>Where do you think the Gophers would have an easier time advancing to Frozen Four. Up in NODAK'S Barn or out East?<br>Personally I like to see them out East, Its boring watching the Gophs play WCHA teams in the NCAA'S. Wisconsin Will get a 1 so they can't be sent to Bucky town. <p></p><i></i>

east hockey
Site Admin

Re: NCAA seedings

Post by east hockey » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:47 pm

Actually, the current projections would have Minnesota going to Grand Forks and Wisconsin going to Milwaukee.<br><br>They <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>try</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> to put the top seed in each grouping (meaning seeds 1-4) as close to their home as possible.<br><br>Here's a very good article from uscho.com which explains the madness:<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.uscho.com/news/id,12054/Brac ... <!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Lee <p>____________<br>Message Board arsonist since 2005<br>Egomaniac since 2006</p><i></i>

Blue Breeze

Re: NCAA seedings

Post by Blue Breeze » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:56 pm

Lee's exactly right. It's almost a certainty the Gophs will play their games in Grand Forks, regardless of how they do in the upcoming series against Duluth or the playoffs against Anchorage. <p></p><i></i>