The Hermantown Thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hunters1993

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Hunters1993 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:26 am

Let’s talk about dumb. How does it feel to beat all the class A teams in running time or close to it? How loud do you guys get for goal five and six? Athletic bullying anyone?

Hurting the kids.....how do you think the kids feel after skating off the ice after they get athletically bullied for three periods?
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

zooomx

Post by zooomx » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:34 am

Hunters1993 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:26 am
Let’s talk about dumb. How does it feel to beat all the class A teams in running time or close to it? How loud do you guys get for goal five and six? Athletic bullying anyone?

Hurting the kids.....how do you think the kids feel after skating off the ice after they get athletically bullied for three periods?
There are blowout games all over the state every week. My kids both played in Alex and they have been both the hammer and the nail in countless games. The players get over it really quickly. The parents... not so quickly. So, please spare me the bullying comments. :roll:

Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:36 am

As far as St Cloud, give me a fifteen year stretch in their history where the were cobsisteny excelling. Three championships and 11 out of fifteen years in state tourney, or how about the eight straight championship games. Go ahead and fill me in on that. And the next ten years look just as good with two bantam teams in top ten this year. Consistent excellence!

Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:47 am

zooomx wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:34 am
Hunters1993 wrote:

There are blowout games all over the state every week. My kids both played in Alex and they have been both the hammer and the nail in countless games. The players get over it really quickly. The parents... not so quickly. So, please spare me the bullying comments. :roll:

Ok. Let’s go down that road, name me an A class team that puts 7 out of 8 class A teams in running time. Playoff time they did it to all three opponents.

And I won’t even do the last two years worth.

zooomx

Post by zooomx » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:24 am

Hunters1993 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:47 am
zooomx wrote:
Hunters1993 wrote:

Ok. Let’s go down that road, name me an A class team that puts 7 out of 8 class A teams in running time. Playoff time they did it to all three opponents.
Yes, they did. I have stated and most everyone on this forum has stated we wish they would go Class AA. If it was my team, I would hope for the move up. But, no one on this forum is going to make it happen for you. The only person who has that power is the AD at Hermantown. MSHSL is not going to make it happen. Karl, Mitch or Elliot are not going to make it happen. There are no horses left in North America as they are all dead and have been beaten a billion times. You are newer to this forum, so why don't you get your fix by reading through the 43 pages of similar rants and arguments put forth by others. (although athletic bullying is a new one). This thread is kind of like the suggestion box on The Office. You get to vent all you want but no one here has the power to help you in your plight. I just thing you are going a bit over the top with your verbage and some of your ideas.

defense

Post by defense » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:27 am

Hunters1993 wrote:

Athletic bullying? IDK. Dominance? Yes. Excellence? Yes. Nothing to prove in class A? I will bite. Bullying though?
My teams were dominated by Moorhead in youth hockey. Nearly a decade of beatdowns didnt leave us feeling inferior really, it made us work harder to beat them. The answer wasnt to make a whole new league (this is before A ans AA in youth) so we could avoid them, it was to figure out what we needed to do to beat em. In HS our team was knocked out by private schools multiple times, never really considered that it was so unfair etc. The thoughts were always about what plays made the difference, what match ups, if only that shot wouldve went in etc.
IF a team feels inferior due to not being able to beat another team, that is on that team not the the team having success. Bullying to me would be forcing a successful team out of a league due to their success even though they are following the rules. Harassing them into thinking they do not belong.
I encourage Hermantown to move to AA for numerous reasons, the first is not their success or the personal they have or have had or the success of their attached youth club. If they want to continue huge success in class A, that is on them. If the rest of the competitors in their league get an inferiority complex over it, that is on those teams. I only rarely cheer for Hermantown, I am not their fan. I am also not a fan of pressuring a team out of competition because they are too good. I am a fan of beating them though. Best way to fix this "problem"? Pull am EGF, Greenway, or Alex..
Otter Hockey Rocks

Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:32 am

There is a huge difference between beating and destroying. Reminding you of 7 running time games. Remind you of eight straight championships. 11 out of 15 years going to state. That is not beating, that is destroying.

Why do you think kids end up in Hermantown when they transfer. Got the beat down for ten years and decided to join the bullies. Example would be Ely. Example of Virginia and Eveleth cooping. Ever heard the phrase can’t beat them do join them! Bullying!

Schotzy

Post by Schotzy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:32 am

zooomx wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:24 am
Hunters1993 wrote:
zooomx wrote:

Yes, they did. I have stated and most everyone on this forum has stated we wish they would go Class AA. If it was my team, I would hope for the move up. But, no one on this forum is going to make it happen for you. The only person who has that power is the AD at Hermantown. MSHSL is not going to make it happen. Karl, Mitch or Elliot are not going to make it happen. There are no horses left in North America as they are all dead and have been beaten a billion times. You are newer to this forum, so why don't you get your fix by reading through the 43 pages of similar rants and arguments put forth by others. (although athletic bullying is a new one). This thread is kind of like the suggestion box on The Office. You get to vent all you want but no one here has the power to help you in your plight. I just thing you are going a bit over the top with your verbage and some of your ideas.
Hunters1993 has created a rift in the forum cortex. People are now defending Hermantown....sort of. Hunters1993 - Chill dude.

Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:33 am

Mike drop! Bam!

defense

Post by defense » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:34 am

Hunters1993 wrote:
zooomx wrote:
Hunters1993 wrote:

And I won’t even do the last two years worth.
A quick survey says Hutchinson and SCC came close..
Warroad didnt allow a goal..
Otter Hockey Rocks

Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:40 am

St Cloud only one tgat didn’t get beat by five goals this year.

Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:46 am

If we have time look at record vs class A hockey over last five years, ten years. Wonder what that would look like. How many were wins by five plus.

Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:48 am

Mike drop , bam.

Anyone find wrong facts?
Anyone find anyone with eight straight championship games?

Done!

LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:08 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:48 am
Mike drop , bam.

Anyone find wrong facts?

Done!
I don't think anyone is arguing against the stats you are throwing out. Just about anyone on this forum wants Hermantown to opt-up to AA because they'd still be very successful and one of the top 7AA teams each year. But like defense said, they don't have to opt-up. They're within their rights to stay in class A. Personally, I used to root for them years ago against the likes of Breck and STA, and would likely root for them again if they were AA.

But there is something to be said about them being in A and being upset by Alexandria in 2018 and Greenway last year. It makes it exciting when a team is able to slay the giant. Reminds me of Holy Angels in 05-05 and 06-07 (undefeated till section final). They weren't on the same run as Hermantown, but were coming off 4 or 5 straight tournaments and 2 titles. It would be nice for Hermantown to move up and open the door for other great teams in 7A to make an appearance, but as a fan with no horse in the 7A race, it also makes it pretty entertaining when someone takes them down in a huge upset.

zooomx

Post by zooomx » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:13 pm

LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:08 pm
Hunters1993 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:48 am
Mike drop , bam.

Anyone find wrong facts?

Done!
I don't think anyone is arguing against the stats you are throwing out. Just about anyone on this forum wants Hermantown to opt-up to AA because they'd still be very successful and one of the top 7AA teams each year. But like defense said, they don't have to opt-up. They're within their rights to stay in class A. Personally, I used to root for them years ago against the likes of Breck and STA, and would likely root for them again if they were AA.

But there is something to be said about them being in A and being upset by Alexandria in 2018 and Greenway last year. It makes it exciting when a team is able to slay the giant. Reminds me of Holy Angels in 05-05 and 06-07 (undefeated till section final). They weren't on the same run as Hermantown, but were coming off 4 or 5 straight tournaments and 2 titles. It would be nice for Hermantown to move up and open the door for other great teams in 7A to make an appearance, but as a fan with no horse in the 7A race, it also makes it pretty entertaining when someone takes them down in a huge upset.
But, but... he did drop the Mic, not once but twice. He he. Yup, I agree no one is really arguing their dominance, nor the fact they probably should move up. There is always going to be a big, bad meanie in the room. My main argument has always been, that once Hermantown does move up, they will move on to the next big, bad meanie.

defense

Post by defense » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:15 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:32 am
There is a huge difference between beating and destroying. Reminding you of 7 running time games. Remind you of eight straight championships. 11 out of 15 years going to state. That is not beating, that is destroying.

Why do you think kids end up in Hermantown when they transfer. Got the beat down for ten years and decided to join the bullies. Example would be Ely. Example of Virginia and Eveleth cooping. Ever heard the phrase can’t beat them do join them! Bullying!
Kids move to Hermantown to play hockey. To win championships. To me that is on those kids and those families. Is there a realization that maybe they moved there for better exposure? Better training maybe? Or possibly educational needs?? I cant assume any or none of those are correct just as I cannot assume that wanting to beat up instead of being beat up is correct. I cannot put that one on a team who is being successful.
Otter Hockey Rocks

StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:09 pm

Hey people don’t lose your common sense here. It’s not bullying for crying out loud. It’s simply the same as an NHL team playing in the Calder Cup playoffs. D1 college playing D3 playoffs. And that makes Hermantown a disgrace to game of hockey. Don’t care what their school size is since that don’t matter to the HS league and is irrelevant. They recruit top talent so go compete against top talent. It actually makes them look like losers and most people have a poor opinion of Hermantown people but Hermantown people don’t care. I’m guessing a lot of Bernie supporters in H-town

jdh

Post by jdh » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:36 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:19 pm
How about we look at state tourney appearances over 15 year span? Consecutive championship games?

Someone see if we can get a list going on this.
Int Falls was in five straight finals 62-66, losing in 63 to St Paul Johnson in OT.

Goose21

Post by Goose21 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:03 pm

It seems it will be a tougher road than usual to the championship game and a title for the Hawks. A potential match-up with SCC in the semis and Warroad in the finals. It seems like a while since they have been the "underdog".
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:44 pm

StanleyCup55 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:09 pm
Hey people don’t lose your common sense here. It’s not bullying for crying out loud. It’s simply the same as an NHL team playing in the Calder Cup playoffs. D1 college playing D3 playoffs. And that makes Hermantown a disgrace to game of hockey. Don’t care what their school size is since that don’t matter to the HS league and is irrelevant. They recruit top talent so go compete against top talent. It actually makes them look like losers and most people have a poor opinion of Hermantown people but Hermantown people don’t care. I’m guessing a lot of Bernie supporters in H-town
@StanleyCup55 Best post evah, BINGO!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Yoopskater

Post by Yoopskater » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:28 pm

Hunters is a true millennial. Talking of athletic bullying and cheesy signs at the tourney. Give me a break.

Edinahopkins

Post by Edinahopkins » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:10 am

Obviously the high school league can’t change the enrollment policy but what If the high school league made it mandatory for only single A teams to play only single A team’s in the regular season, I bet some of the power house teams mainly Hermantown move up real fast to AA. “just my opinion”

defense

Post by defense » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:17 am

Edinahopkins wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:10 am
Obviously the high school league can’t change the enrollment policy but what If the high school league made it mandatory for only single A teams to play only single A team’s in the regular season, I bet some of the power house teams mainly Hermantown move up real fast to AA. “just my opinion”
This train of thought scares me. In order to fix one "problem " we will handicap everyone else's development. The more division that is created, the more the leagues will go separate ways.
Otter Hockey Rocks

MWS coach

Post by MWS coach » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:22 am

defense wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:17 am
Edinahopkins wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:10 am
This train of thought scares me. In order to fix one "problem " we will handicap everyone else's development. The more division that is created, the more the leagues will go separate ways.
Yeah so Roseau and Warroad long standing rivalry dies because HT goes to state to often.... Yeah that is good for hockey!

Edinahopkins

Post by Edinahopkins » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:37 am

Move up then it’s simple