covid and MH

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Wise Old Man

Re: covid and MH

Post by Wise Old Man »

Getitright wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:18 am In WOM defense. He’s posting stats to support his thoughts. Most posts are just “let the kids play” cause we can’t live in a shell. I don’t look at that as him being a fool Dog. Just seems to me that the way of the world is trashing somebody cause they don’t agree . That is the world in which we are currently living. I’ve lived the world of youth, high school, and college hockey first as a player , then coach, then parent. It was the most important thing in the world to me. Then it ended. Now I sit back and feel a little embarrassed how I acted. Don’t get me wrong. Still love the game. But that’s all it is. Don’t EVER forget that. You’ll end up like me laughing at yourself for taking this game so seriously. One final point. Kids development will not be stunted by a few missed months or even a year. Dillon Samberg missed most of his sophomore year. I saw him on probably the best htown team ever first game his junior year and he jumped out immediately as the best player on the ice.
Thanks for the support. You and I have experienced the game in a similar way. I agree with your point that it is just a game. And, as I've also pointed out previously, there would be very little loss in development if we just did in house practices and cross-ice/half-ice 3 on 3 leagues for a single year. There might actually be an increase in actual individual skill development. Think of all the power skating we could do. You'd have significantly more puck touches by having less games for a year.
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

Wise Old Man wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:34 pm .....there would be very little loss in development if we just did in house practices and cross-ice/half-ice 3 on 3 leagues for a single year. There might actually be an increase in actual individual skill development. Think of all the power skating we could do. You'd have significantly more puck touches by having less games for a year.
I don't disagree with that at all. Of course that is a minority view.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Good article on how different regions are handling things very differently across North America.

https://theathletic.com/2146364/2020/10 ... ed_article
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

Schotzy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:53 pm
Wise Old Man wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:34 pm .....there would be very little loss in development if we just did in house practices and cross-ice/half-ice 3 on 3 leagues for a single year. There might actually be an increase in actual individual skill development. Think of all the power skating we could do. You'd have significantly more puck touches by having less games for a year.
How do the parents derive personal benefit and bragging rights out of this development plan?

That's why it'll never happen.
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM
Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man »

jg2112 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:10 pm
How do the parents derive personal benefit and bragging rights out of this development plan?

That's why it'll never happen.

I see what you did there... 8) Careful agreeing with me like that. Someone might call you names... :lol:
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Interesting read. Informational purposes only.

https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/hockey- ... -syndrome/
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

edgeless2 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:00 am Interesting read. Informational purposes only.

Great article. Great read.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

I understand both sides of this debate. But I just keep wondering if all we are doing by closing down is dragging it out longer. I understand dragging it out may eventually get us to a vaccine, but how long will that take before people trust the vaccine and a significant number of people get it?
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Amen brother!
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

edgeless2 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:00 am Interesting read. Informational purposes only.

So so true..... [-o<
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

BodyShots wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:56 pm

So so true..... [-o<
His follow-up article:

https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/covid-1 ... -opinions/
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

InThePipes wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:27 am

So so true..... [-o<
His follow-up article:

Another great write up on the topic. Common sense, and good use of reason. A great way to tick everyone off these days.
Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man »

Schotzy wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:55 am

So so true..... [-o<
His follow-up article:

Another great write up on the topic. Common sense, and good use of reason. A great way to tick everyone off these days.
"Pipes" and "Schotzy"... thank you for sharing those articles. Both very well written. Despite the perceptions some have about what I've written here over the last few months, my intention has never been to completely shut things down...unless the state and federal health agencies call for that. However, it is a complete pipe dream that there hasn't been numerous spreading events connected with hockey, even in Minnesota. We just aren't aware of them as kids either never got tested or, parents just kept bringing their kid to the rink, whether or not the child should've been quarantining.

As long as the kid themselves didn't have significant symptoms (let's be honest, we know that's extremely few), the kids went to the rink or traveled to the tournament. And, in the odd chance a kid was symptomatic enough to keep home for that day or a weekend, the reason given wasn't because of an illness. Regardless, I completely agree that we all need to work together to maximize our chance to keep playing. But, I can promise you, more than half the kids in the buildings I'm in aren't keeping their masks on until right before they put their helmets on, nor are they putting them on immediately after they take their helmets off while they remove their skates and walk out. There are also numerous coaches not wearing their masks on the ice in practices. Hell, we can't even get coaches to strap their helmets up to ensure that if they fall their helmet won't fall off and put them at risk for severe head injury or death.
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

So so true..... [-o<
His follow-up article:

Those who wear masks and those who don’t can’t always be separated. If a sports kid taking a bunch of risk and occasionally takes other risks with big gatherings. Sits next to a kid in school who follows all the rules and takes few risks. How do you separate those? Like I have said the high risk sports kids (called high risk by MDH). Should have a “pod” for their school and stay out of public schools. Let a coach or other parent teach the “pod”. The kids not taking the high risks can stay in school.

Keep the kids not taking risk in the school and then high risk takers can do whatever they want and won’t effect the kids who are thinking!

Article backs up MY “pod” idea.
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

Hunters1993 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:16 pm

His follow-up article:

Those who wear masks and those who don’t can’t always be separated. If a sports kid taking a bunch of risk and occasionally takes other risks with big gatherings. Sits next to a kid in school who follows all the rules and takes few risks. How do you separate those? Like I have said the high risk sports kids (called high risk by MDH). Should have a “pod” for their school and stay out of public schools. Let a coach or other parent teach the “pod”. The kids not taking the high risks can stay in school.

Keep the kids not taking risk in the school and then high risk takers can do whatever they want and won’t effect the kids who are thinking!

Article backs up MY “pod” idea.
Hunter,

Instead of trying to get others to see your side, why don't you take action and create a bubble for those that don't want to be exposed to "high risk" students? I'm not just talking about hockey players, but all those kids out there that take many many additional risks, yes including but not limited to sports and extra curricular activities. I am saying this as you may find others such as yourself including educators who may embrace the idea. Everyone commits to a set of rules to provide additional protections, teachers included. I know several educators who would likely be very willing to be a part of such community. No teachers going to bars, restaurants or family gatherings. Students committing to not taking additional risk, stay at home and go to school. No sports, no extra curricular activities, no hanging out with friends at the skate park, spirt mountain, or whatever. Think about it that is really likely the best way if you want to take extra precaution in preventing your child from getting effected instead of thinking others will just follow your lead. You always talk about hockey like it is the mass spreader, while I know and understand, yes hockey players will be infected with the virus, but you also need to understand hockey (or any other sport for that matter) is far from the the only way the virus is contracted and spread in schools. There are so many other high risk activities kids are doing these days that by creating a bubble for hockey you have only mitigated a little bit of the risk. #keeptheminabubble=keepthemsafe
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Wise Old Man wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:39 pm

His follow-up article:

"Pipes" and "Schotzy"... thank you for sharing those articles. Both very well written. Despite the perceptions some have about what I've written here over the last few months, my intention has never been to completely shut things down...unless the state and federal health agencies call for that. However, it is a complete pipe dream that there hasn't been numerous spreading events connected with hockey, even in Minnesota. We just aren't aware of them as kids either never got tested or, parents just kept bringing their kid to the rink, whether or not the child should've been quarantining.

As long as the kid themselves didn't have significant symptoms (let's be honest, we know that's extremely few), the kids went to the rink or traveled to the tournament. And, in the odd chance a kid was symptomatic enough to keep home for that day or a weekend, the reason given wasn't because of an illness. Regardless, I completely agree that we all need to work together to maximize our chance to keep playing. But, I can promise you, more than half the kids in the buildings I'm in aren't keeping their masks on until right before they put their helmets on, nor are they putting them on immediately after they take their helmets off while they remove their skates and walk out. There are also numerous coaches not wearing their masks on the ice in practices. Hell, we can't even get coaches to strap their helmets up to ensure that if they fall their helmet won't fall off and put them at risk for severe head injury or death.
And what do you base this on?
You are always exacting the scientific proof of something.
If it is your association then you should be doing something about those coaches.
I know it is not District 16, we routinely check on this.
Yoopskater

Post by Yoopskater »

Simple. Those folks concerned about contracting the virus should hunker down and protect themselves. No need to punish the kids who have no ill effects from the virus. It shouldn’t be the kid’s job to protect old duffers. Tell Gramps that the grandson is living life, keep your distance if you are worried.
yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey »

Sid Hartmans son Chad Hartman:
“I want to make it clear — he didn’t die from COVID — but COVID took away the enjoyment from his life by making him stay home,” his son said later. “It took away the chance to see the people he liked. It took away his zest, not being able to go four, five different places every day and to laugh, to get on people and have them get on him.”
================================================================================================================

I did not write the message below...I copy and pasted it from a social media website in response to Chad Hartmans comments...but I think it's worth reading....Not here to take sides or tell anyone what to do...Just want our kids to get back to being kids....And if you are on this website, I'm guessing hockey is a big part of your kids life....
==============================================

When are we as a socially going to wake up and realize what we are actually doing to our family members, friends, loved ones, and ourselves by masking up and shutting down all in the sake of “science” and “eliminating” is killing us more than the virus itself. Fear has done far more damage than the virus itself. That’s not scientific, just an observation.

We are not designed to live like this. For a few weeks yes, but not for a few months with no end in sight, no plan to return to life as normal.
Wouldn’t you rather live life!? Would’nt you rather have your loved one live their life doing what they love, being outside, being able to enjoy time by their side, seeing their children and grandchildren, holding them, kissing them? No we would rather suck the life out of them for the sake of “protecting them”. This also applies to adults and children as well. We are meant to interact, embrace, compete, have face to face conversation. To see your friend and loved one smile. Not just assume they are behind their mask. We “allow” our elderly to come to the window and wave at their grandkids, and talk to them over the phone or intecom. Why?...

We have forced the elderly into rooms, told to sit in solitary and their loved ones somehow justify it by telling them “we do it for your own good”, “we are looking out for you”, “we are protecting you from this evil virus!”, it is a death sentence if you get it (which we all know is not), instead we are killing their soul and the reasons they hold onto life.

We tell kids they can go to school two days a week, but cant be next to their buddy, can only sit at a lunch table with one more kid on the opposite side 8 feet. We have taken away recess, interaction time, and physical activity all for the sake of “protecting them” or so they won’t pass it to Grandma who is actually dying by not being able to hold that very child, to hear about their sporting event, or adventure they went on...which is all frowned apon and we are killing people if we take a vacation, have a family gathering, or hang out with our neighbors without a mask. How dare we!
We tell kids they have to sit inside instead of playing with neighborhood kids. To protect them...
We are ripping their childhood away from them all in the name of fear...I mean safety.

We as human beings live for sporting events, graduations weddings, parties, church gatherings, holiday gatherings, birthday parties, coffee dates, game nights with grandma, boys weekends, girls weekends, child births, holding that loved one as they are dying, giving them peace, giving you peace, understanding, memories...we live for memories, and stories. We have justified all of this to cease because we don’t want to spread... For those that choose to live, we are told we are ending humanity, we’re killing Grandma!...wait she’s sitting in a room by herself crying, confused, wishing someone would just hold her.

Masks...yes they work great! (It’s science!) That’s why we have been as a nation forced to stay home from work, events, school, church, our loved ones....and if we go out you better have that mask on! Mask up!
Oh but the numbers keeps on coming...Haven’t you asked yourself why they just keep on comin’...? If not, why? We reported deaths relentlessly to justify our “good deeds”, when that didn’t resonate any longer, it was overcrowded hospitals! When that no longer worked, we switched to thousands upon thousands of cases! We go get tested every time we cough out of fear. Mild or no symptoms and we attempt to shut everyone down around us instilling fear and illogical reactions. Yes the virus is present and as we have figured out people are going to get it. Didn’t we mask up and shut down to prevent overcrowded hospitals!? Yea. We’ve moved on from that. Even the ships have sailed. Yet here we are losing our minds.

When will we realize we’re killing ourselves more than the virus ever could? When will we realize we are ripping away everything we were designed to live for?
Is it when your grandpa dies from natural causes ...er loneliness, locked away in a room with meals brought to him by faceless people. No face time with his buddy that lives 10 feet away in the next room but can’t see his sly smile, after getting beat in cards?
Is it when your husband gets sick and you and the kids can’t go and hold his hand in the hospital because he might die of the virus, but then dies anyway without ever saying having the proper chance to say goodbye? Explain that to your kids.
Is it when your pregnant daughter delivers her baby and you can’t see your first grandchild in the hospital only to find out mom or baby died unexpectedly two days after.
Is it when you lose someone you love from suicide because the depression was just to much from not being able to save their serving job to support their family.
Is it when you can’t watch your child play in their final year of the sport they dedicated their life to perfecting and are favored to win the championship or get a scholarship. Instead of having something to look for they are depressed from not being able to be a kid.
Is it when you lose your job after giving the company your dedication for 20 years, but the owner is forced to close shop? Or maybe it’s when you need to quit your job to teach your kid through distance leaning and can’t do both. Now you do t know how you are going to feed your child, but hey they are getting an “education”
At what point is the collateral damage too much for you? Some are already long past caring about a virus that has already destroyed their life. Yet they are yelled at for not wearing their mask correctly.
There is a difference in choosing to do what’s best for you or your family, and there is forcing fear on people, sucking the life out of the heart and soul.
Yes the virus is here, and can be serious. Most everyone knows someone that has had it, some have known someone who has died for it. Some of us has known someone who has died from other causes but not able to be with them before they passed. I don’t take away from those who have lost a loved one from the virus, whether it was the virus that killed them or the virus that killed them. Get me?
Yes people have died from this and each individual case has their own circumstance and heartache. Families left to pick up the pieces and struggle to move on without a parent, grandparent, child, friend. Etc. Each case... healthy, seemingly healthy co-morbidities, long term care facility, athlete, young and old but 98% mostly elderly. I write this more as a look from society as a whole.
I am almost positive someone will accuse me of not caring for those who have lost someone, which is most certainly not true, that “my point of view is killing people!” Mine is simply a different point of view and I ask that you respect that, agree or not. I guarantee I am not the only person you know thinking the same exact thing. I you have read this far you, either agree with me or you found interest in what my thoughts are.
I fear once the virus is long gone, the effects will be present for years, if not longer. Unfortunately we will have no one to blame but ourselves. I pray we don’t collectively look back on this and say “we allowed Covid to take away the enjoyment from our lives” We killed our elderly by secluding them, we killed our child’s mentality and outlook on life, we killed careers, family dynamics, and happiness, and purpose, all out of fear.

A pray Im wrong, but sadly I believe we’re already too late
Author unknown
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Best thing I’ve read in a long time...
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

A+++ to yesiplayedhockey's post!!!!
Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man »

elliott70 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:26 pm

If it is your association then you should be doing something about those coaches.
Elliott, I base it on personal experience since it became a requirement. Trust me, I'm constantly asking coaches to connect their chin straps. But, I'm one of the only ones.
Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man »

yesiplayedhockey wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:37 pm Sid Hartmans son Chad Hartman:
“I want to make it clear — he didn’t die from COVID — but COVID took away the enjoyment from his life by making him stay home,” his son said later. “It took away the chance to see the people he liked. It took away his zest, not being able to go four, five different places every day and to laugh, to get on people and have them get on him.”
================================================================================================================

I did not write the message below...I copy and pasted it from a social media website in response to Chad Hartmans comments...but I think it's worth reading....Not here to take sides or tell anyone what to do...Just want our kids to get back to being kids....And if you are on this website, I'm guessing hockey is a big part of your kids life....

When are we as a socially going to wake up and realize what we are actually doing to our family members, friends, loved ones, and ourselves by masking up and shutting down all in the sake of “science” and “eliminating” is killing us more than the virus itself. Fear has done far more damage than the virus itself. That’s not scientific, just an observation.

We are not designed to live like this. For a few weeks yes, but not for a few months with no end in sight, no plan to return to life as normal.
Wouldn’t you rather live life!? Would’nt you rather have your loved one live their life doing what they love, being outside, being able to enjoy time by their side, seeing their children and grandchildren, holding them, kissing them? No we would rather suck the life out of them for the sake of “protecting them”. This also applies to adults and children as well. We are meant to interact, embrace, compete, have face to face conversation. To see your friend and loved one smile. Not just assume they are behind their mask. We “allow” our elderly to come to the window and wave at their grandkids, and talk to them over the phone or intecom. Why?...

We have forced the elderly into rooms, told to sit in solitary and their loved ones somehow justify it by telling them “we do it for your own good”, “we are looking out for you”, “we are protecting you from this evil virus!”, it is a death sentence if you get it (which we all know is not), instead we are killing their soul and the reasons they hold onto life.

We tell kids they can go to school two days a week, but cant be next to their buddy, can only sit at a lunch table with one more kid on the opposite side 8 feet. We have taken away recess, interaction time, and physical activity all for the sake of “protecting them” or so they won’t pass it to Grandma who is actually dying by not being able to hold that very child, to hear about their sporting event, or adventure they went on...which is all frowned apon and we are killing people if we take a vacation, have a family gathering, or hang out with our neighbors without a mask. How dare we!
We tell kids they have to sit inside instead of playing with neighborhood kids. To protect them...
We are ripping their childhood away from them all in the name of fear...I mean safety.

We as human beings live for sporting events, graduations weddings, parties, church gatherings, holiday gatherings, birthday parties, coffee dates, game nights with grandma, boys weekends, girls weekends, child births, holding that loved one as they are dying, giving them peace, giving you peace, understanding, memories...we live for memories, and stories. We have justified all of this to cease because we don’t want to spread... For those that choose to live, we are told we are ending humanity, we’re killing Grandma!...wait she’s sitting in a room by herself crying, confused, wishing someone would just hold her.

Masks...yes they work great! (It’s science!) That’s why we have been as a nation forced to stay home from work, events, school, church, our loved ones....and if we go out you better have that mask on! Mask up!
Oh but the numbers keeps on coming...Haven’t you asked yourself why they just keep on comin’...? If not, why? We reported deaths relentlessly to justify our “good deeds”, when that didn’t resonate any longer, it was overcrowded hospitals! When that no longer worked, we switched to thousands upon thousands of cases! We go get tested every time we cough out of fear. Mild or no symptoms and we attempt to shut everyone down around us instilling fear and illogical reactions. Yes the virus is present and as we have figured out people are going to get it. Didn’t we mask up and shut down to prevent overcrowded hospitals!? Yea. We’ve moved on from that. Even the ships have sailed. Yet here we are losing our minds.

When will we realize we’re killing ourselves more than the virus ever could? When will we realize we are ripping away everything we were designed to live for?
Is it when your grandpa dies from natural causes ...er loneliness, locked away in a room with meals brought to him by faceless people. No face time with his buddy that lives 10 feet away in the next room but can’t see his sly smile, after getting beat in cards?
Is it when your husband gets sick and you and the kids can’t go and hold his hand in the hospital because he might die of the virus, but then dies anyway without ever saying having the proper chance to say goodbye? Explain that to your kids.
Is it when your pregnant daughter delivers her baby and you can’t see your first grandchild in the hospital only to find out mom or baby died unexpectedly two days after.
Is it when you lose someone you love from suicide because the depression was just to much from not being able to save their serving job to support their family.
Is it when you can’t watch your child play in their final year of the sport they dedicated their life to perfecting and are favored to win the championship or get a scholarship. Instead of having something to look for they are depressed from not being able to be a kid.
Is it when you lose your job after giving the company your dedication for 20 years, but the owner is forced to close shop? Or maybe it’s when you need to quit your job to teach your kid through distance leaning and can’t do both. Now you do t know how you are going to feed your child, but hey they are getting an “education”
At what point is the collateral damage too much for you? Some are already long past caring about a virus that has already destroyed their life. Yet they are yelled at for not wearing their mask correctly.
There is a difference in choosing to do what’s best for you or your family, and there is forcing fear on people, sucking the life out of the heart and soul.
Yes the virus is here, and can be serious. Most everyone knows someone that has had it, some have known someone who has died for it. Some of us has known someone who has died from other causes but not able to be with them before they passed. I don’t take away from those who have lost a loved one from the virus, whether it was the virus that killed them or the virus that killed them. Get me?
Yes people have died from this and each individual case has their own circumstance and heartache. Families left to pick up the pieces and struggle to move on without a parent, grandparent, child, friend. Etc. Each case... healthy, seemingly healthy co-morbidities, long term care facility, athlete, young and old but 98% mostly elderly. I write this more as a look from society as a whole.
I am almost positive someone will accuse me of not caring for those who have lost someone, which is most certainly not true, that “my point of view is killing people!” Mine is simply a different point of view and I ask that you respect that, agree or not. I guarantee I am not the only person you know thinking the same exact thing. I you have read this far you, either agree with me or you found interest in what my thoughts are.
I fear once the virus is long gone, the effects will be present for years, if not longer. Unfortunately we will have no one to blame but ourselves. I pray we don’t collectively look back on this and say “we allowed Covid to take away the enjoyment from our lives” We killed our elderly by secluding them, we killed our child’s mentality and outlook on life, we killed careers, family dynamics, and happiness, and purpose, all out of fear.

Author unknown
No offense but, "you"/the author lose significant credibility with the following statement..."For a few weeks yes, but not for a few months with no end in sight, no plan to return to life as normal."

This person obviously doesn't really read information from legitimate scientific sources. Almost every expert in immunology/virology/epidemiology is saying we are very likely to have an effective, widely available vaccine by the middle of 2021. Yet, the previous part of what you posted claims there's "no plan to return to life as normal"...

And, the actual science and research clearly proves that "fear" has NOT done more damage than the virus itself. :roll:

Next...the author while commenting on the elderly and how our reaction to the virus has affected them states,

"We have forced the elderly into rooms, told to sit in solitary and their loved ones somehow justify it by telling them “we do it for your own good”, “we are looking out for you”, “we are protecting you from this evil virus!”, it is a death sentence if you get it (which we all know is not), instead we are killing their soul and the reasons they hold onto life."

If your elderly parent or grandparent is not being allowed visitors, it likely means they are a resident of a long term care facility. The author obviously doesn't understand that people in those facilities have the highest death rates of anyone in our population. Also, there aren't any current hard shutdowns in place at the moment, other than maybe California. Things have been pretty open for the last 4 months.

I was going to try and respond to some of the rest of that piece but, on second thought, there's so much selfishness and, lack of compassion for their fellow man that it's simply not worth it...As I've stated before, our great-grandparents fought in a World War for 4 plus years and yet, we can't tough it out for 12-16 months. And us "toughing it out" is wearing a mask in public and situations you can't socially distance in, maybe staying at home a few weeks and watching Netflix or reading a good book. God are we a bunch of pansies compared to our grand parents and great grand parents. :roll:
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Wise Old Man wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:40 am
elliott70 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:26 pm

Elliott, I base it on personal experience since it became a requirement. Trust me, I'm constantly asking coaches to connect their chin straps. But, I'm one of the only ones.
Thank you.
It is time for your association to step up and enforce the rule.
Beyond the sorrow of someone being hurt or worse, is the legal issue falling on the local association.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

yesiplayedhockey wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:37 pm Sid Hartmans son Chad Hartman:

Author unknown
My parents are entering their 90's and my dad just celebrated a birthday. We were planning on getting everybody together (kids, grandkids, and great grandkids) to celebrate. Trying to figure out how to do it safely! My dad steps up and calls it off. He says they (mom and dad) would like to celebrate the next 10 years with us, rather than this one day! Talk about a "WISE OLD MAN"!